Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 499 500 [501] 502 503 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2011121 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #7500 on: April 04, 2015, 11:00:16 am »

I'm fairly certain that with the right DLC's (I only have the base game) you can put your own relatives into Papalitude, even if you can't play as them, can't you?
Yes. Still game over if they inherit.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7501 on: April 04, 2015, 12:59:14 pm »

I'm fairly certain that with the right DLC's (I only have the base game) you can put your own relatives into Papalitude, even if you can't play as them, can't you?
Yes. Still game over if they inherit.

I've only ever been able to install a family member as pope once, and I had to give them a bishopric first, which excludes them from inheriting. Is there another way to do it?

Edit: anti-pope bishopric, to clarify.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7502 on: April 04, 2015, 03:44:13 pm »

They were Northumbria. Not tribal, so they couldn't call allies in, nor could they pull the 2500 man army for 500 prestige.
What if they were allies or armies returning home? That happens a lot when I invade the Byzantine Empire or Arabian Empire, a few months no/little troops, then suddenly doomstack as the doomstack is finished killing a rebellion
*EDIT
They were probably mercenaries; been looking around, found two other people who experienced this. I suspect the AI gets discount mercs. they get boost to income at higher difficulties
Well for starters fighting a defensive war gives increased levy production, so there's that.
Or that
That may well be it, given how people have said the AI can go into negatives and still have the mercenaries.

:o tiny bit bullshit, like.

In saying that, my singular experience with going into negative figures while having them resulted in the mercenaries fighting for my opponents. Not sure if it would necessarily be fair for the player to inherit 20+ gold per month expenses because the AI can't live within their means. Though they could just immediately dismiss them, so it's not exactly a horrifically bad thing either.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7503 on: April 04, 2015, 03:46:49 pm »

The last time I went in to the negatives was when I was playing as Denmark. Long story short, The Danish Peninsula and Islands are now the operating base of The White Company.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7504 on: April 04, 2015, 04:01:10 pm »

HAHAHAHAHA

THE SHIA CALIPHATE JUST GOT WRECKED SO HARD, THE SERBIANS ARE NOW THE KINGS OF THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN! JERUSALEM IS MINE! HAHAHAHAA!

To put a long story short (rest assured I will type up the long story later), seeing as how all the pagans, christians and muslims were unlocking their great holy wars the Shia felt a little left out. So they got ready for jihad, founded the Bektashi order and declared jihad on the Byzantine Empire's Kingdom of Armenia. Considering how this would throw the first gains the Byzantine Empire's made in centuries back down the drain whilst also threatening the Miroslav family's eastern border, Emperor Slavko Miroslav was rather worried. He joined the war to support Emperor Krsto in his endeavours. Soon enough everyone and their mum was fighting in the mountains of Armenia and Anatolia, with Shia rushing to support their Caliph from Venice to Bagdhad, and on the Christian side I even saw a tribal army from a Turkic Catholic Chief all the way from Perm. The Shia forces destroyed the Byzantine forces (the Shia had over 60,000 soldiers!), but luckily the holy orders and attrition (NEVER START A WAR IN ARMENIA) whittled down that number fairly quickly, leading to horrible, horrible stagnation. Emperor Slavko himself lost 13,000 Serbian forces - they arrived in Armenia to recapture all the cities Emperor Krsto lost, only to find that the way back was full of Actual Cannibals Shia Labeoufs. RIP 13,000 Serbs.
Now, I had fought a 20 year Jihad in Armenia in another game. It was awful. And Emperor Slavko was getting too old for this shit, no way was he going to live to see 20 years of Jihad in Armenia through. Armenia is the worst place for a Jihad, everyone dies from attrition. So I did what helped break the deadlock in the 20 year jihad and created a new army and just marched straight for the enemy's capital to completely fuck up their supply chains.

So I do that. The Shia forces take the long way around my Serbs because they fear the kebab removers, allowing the Gusars to press deeper from the Byzantine county of Antioch into Shia territory. At around 7 or 8 years in, when millions have been killed, the world is tits up shit but the Serbian forces are alive and kicking. The Ferzadid Zoroastrians are invading the Amrids, the Solominid Abyssinians have killed the Nubian branch and consolidated the Abyssinian Kingdom, the Malian Kingdom is waging war with the Azzizid Andalusians and Aquitaine is being invaded by Muslims yet again while the Bahirid Empire blob is weeping the tears of a thousand Yazidi heretic revolts. Somewhere in the background the Suomensko pagans can be heard sacrificing Norsemen, and the Empire of Bengal crushes its enemies beneath the feet of its war elephants. Seeing as the world is in such a peaceful state, the Pope calls a crusade on Jerusalem, just to make sure that EVERYONE gets SKULLS FOR THE SKULL POPE.

The Shia Jihad for Armenia ends as the Byzantines send in all they've been building up for the last 6 years and the Serbs clear county after county, getting gold and prisoners along the way.
Emperor Slavko 'The Bold' Miroslav of Serbia asks the Pope if he could kindly join the V Crusade. Pope says yes. With 12,000 Serbian troops parked in Jerusalem already, the Serbs immediately attacked Beirut. Caliph Burnahaddin II 'The Great' Barrani of Jerusalem suddenly found Teutonic Knights invading Anatolia, Serbian forces already in Jerusalem and the whole damn Crusader rape train on its way. And unlike his Jihad, this time only one Shia count felt like defending Burnahaddin after he got millions of Shia killed for nothing. And I shit you not, there were Crusaders showing up from as far away as Scotland and Ireland. UIB BROS YOU FAIL ME NOT!

Needless to say, resistance was futile. There was only Miroslav. Serbian foreign policy may have to change from interventionist to active kebab removerist.

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7505 on: April 04, 2015, 04:27:50 pm »

Mercenary companies occasionally attack the AI, so it can't keep them around indefinitely with negative treasury.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7506 on: April 04, 2015, 05:26:21 pm »

Mercenary companies occasionally attack the AI, so it can't keep them around indefinitely with negative treasury.
Yeah, I've seen it happen too, though I think there's some leeway for cheating.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7507 on: April 05, 2015, 05:06:00 pm »

Honour system mang

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7508 on: April 05, 2015, 05:06:19 pm »

maybe rebind the key to blank? works in tf2.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7509 on: April 05, 2015, 05:11:52 pm »

maybe rebind the key to blank? works in tf2.
There is no option to rebind keys in the option menu.
(to save others the time of trying to)
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7510 on: April 05, 2015, 06:23:57 pm »

Honour system mang
With who? Myself?

I can't do the honour system with myself, no matter how hard I try.
Make pulling up the cheat overlay as annoying as possible. Lightly taping buttons to other buttons, disabling keyboard keys(idk how), associate the appearance of the overlay with pain, remember how bored you became after cheating every time the thought comes up, etc.

Pretty much do whatever you need to prevent it from becoming your skinner box.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7511 on: April 05, 2015, 06:29:32 pm »

Convert to Fraticelli and sell a belonging every time you cheat.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7512 on: April 05, 2015, 06:41:57 pm »

Don't worry about it man, you'll get better slowly if you try. Besides, you'll just savescum if you're physically unable to use the console. When I first started playing EU2 I used cheats constantly and it took years for me to only use it for bugs.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7513 on: April 05, 2015, 07:04:25 pm »

I can't really do the cheating thing, my pride won't allow it. Even when once I got a pair of twins, one of which was an imbecile (the bad version of the genius trait) and the other was a dwarf, born to parents who were fine (Irish, but fine). I do, however, always - without fail - ragequit. But I think the last time I did it I was, you know, in the right.

Managed to get the Empire of Scandinavia, and then Russia/Rus/whatever the eff it's called. Got the ability to start Great Holy Wars as the Fylkir of Germanic Paganism, attacked the Slavic Pagan state of Poland. They drew all the Slavic states in, because they're dicks, and then seemed to convert to Orthodoxy, while evidently maintaining the bullshit pagan defence thing so that even when I attack a 600 stack army with 2500 guys, I still take 400 losses, and pulling in all the fucking Slavs all the bloody time, and my vassals are just standing about not really doing anything, even after requesting to join the war so I'm essentially doing everything myself.

I start making some ground against their armies and eventually get rid of them enough to think I can take a bit of a breather, and then I see 10k stacks popping out the fog which knacker me, and start the cycle of me pushing them back, besieging them and then millions of guys from nowhere popping up all over. This happens for about 7 or 8 years or so.

Then the Catholic HRE joins them? In a war to defend a pagan faith? Nope, I'm out.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7514 on: April 06, 2015, 04:18:46 am »

EDIT2: He finally died at the young age of 103.
You can only get older with an immortal tag! Which reminds me, I really like that idea - give the immortal tag to just about everyone that matters at the start of the game, keep playing until the number of immortals slowly dwindles one by one due to war and accidents...

How much stuff did your dank old genius take in his lifetime?
Pages: 1 ... 499 500 [501] 502 503 ... 1002