Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 500 501 [502] 503 504 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2011092 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #7515 on: April 06, 2015, 08:39:06 am »

Zer can be only wan!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7516 on: April 06, 2015, 08:42:51 am »

Highlander mod, anyone? Any time you die, you have a 5% chance of finding out you're a Highlander (hidden stat that is called in any death event to instead give you the Highlander trait), and Highlanders can choose to duel any other Highlander character, with the winner getting an across-the-board stat boost. :D

Throw in "Signature weapons" you can choose from the intrigue menu and that'd be pretty fun.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7517 on: April 06, 2015, 08:48:35 am »

I was browsing through my old screenshots, and what did I found? I should upload this screenie to the official Paradox CK2 screenshot topic as well..it's just _THAT_ sick.  :o :D

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7518 on: April 06, 2015, 10:50:48 am »

so did you make a move?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7519 on: April 06, 2015, 11:20:05 am »

When the game gives you a choice like that, there really isn't a choice at all.

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7520 on: April 06, 2015, 11:48:09 am »

Heh. I still remember this particular MP match [2 human players], it was a weird one. As you can see, I was playing as the ruler of Brittany. The first or the second ruler of the starting dynasty in Brittain [We've played this match in early 2013, so I don't remember correctly, but it was the first or the second for sure..] received his homosexual trait on a tourney. He had like 6-8 kids after the event [!], and the majority of them had the homosexual trait at birth...not only that, but many of their children [so basically my grandchildren] had the trait as well.  So, like 70-80% of my dynasty had the homosexual trait by the mid 1100's.  :D
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 11:55:45 am by gimli »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #7521 on: April 06, 2015, 12:50:33 pm »

Hey, does anyone know how to change laws for a secondary/lesser holding?

I held Rus and Finland at one point, and changed Rus over to Ultimagenitor but Finland's laws didn't change and it went off still being Gavelkind when that king died. I'd have liked to have changed its laws as well, but I'm not sure how one does that or if it is even possible.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7522 on: April 06, 2015, 12:57:51 pm »

http://i.imgur.com/hOJVapa.jpg
After Emperor Slavko's wife died, Emperor Slavko remarried - marrying Dorothea Kassymatas (for her stewardship skills. Had a child with her anyways). After Emperor Slavko died, Dorothea had an illicit affair with her son in law.
http://i.imgur.com/I636AHB.jpg
And after her son in law died in battle against the Germans, she had another illicit affair with her grandson in law.

Hey, does anyone know how to change laws for a secondary/lesser holding?

I held Rus and Finland at one point, and changed Rus over to Ultimagenitor but Finland's laws didn't change and it went off still being Gavelkind when that king died. I'd have liked to have changed its laws as well, but I'm not sure how one does that or if it is even possible.
Go to laws and click on the shield for Finland

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7523 on: April 07, 2015, 06:11:45 am »

...So the Seljuks faced Yazidi heresy in their lands, and rather than abolish it, their Sultan embraced it.

Just got this.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7524 on: April 07, 2015, 08:49:44 am »

I've seen Orthodoxy become an Iconoclast heresy, but it's happened so many times in my 769 starts that I'm under the impression it happens for everyone :(
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7525 on: April 07, 2015, 08:52:38 am »

Byzantium starts Iconoclast and they're the only Orthodox state, give or take a minor or two. Since they control all the Orthodox provinces,  they usually convert enough before they're event-switched to Orthodoxy.
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7526 on: April 07, 2015, 08:56:35 am »

Well that's a bit naff. I thought I was witnessing something spectacular!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7527 on: April 07, 2015, 09:54:03 am »

Well that's a bit naff. I thought I was witnessing something spectacular!

It has a historical basis, too. There were more than one Iconoclast Emperors of the Byzantine Empire.

Meanwhile....

The Seljuks declare an Invasion of Armenia. A bunch of duke level titles (Beylerbey i think?) jump in behind the Yazidi Sultan. Immediately, I get offers from Bohemia, Hungary (neither of whom I have alliances with), the Knights of Calatrava, the Norwegian Revolt (a Ua Briain ruler was deposed by an Yngling, who is hopefully getting deposed by another Ua Briain) and the Greek Golden Horde (Venice and Diadora).
Holy shit balls.

I assume this is the Seljuks flexing their newfound moral authority as Yazidi, as their authority as Sunni was in the 10s.

So far, three religions have become de facto heresies:

Miaphysitism has become a heresy of Monophysitism
Sunni Islam is a heresy of Yezidanism (despite Yazidi being a more Zoroastrian-influenced religion)
and now Nestorianism is a de facto heresy of Manicheanism. This save is weeeeeird.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7528 on: April 07, 2015, 09:57:47 am »

Do you mean Messalian? Manichean is Zoro-heresy.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7529 on: April 07, 2015, 10:07:57 am »

Do you mean Messalian? Manichean is Zoro-heresy.
I think he does. And it's probably one of the easiest to happen, since there is an independent messalian count, and the Abbasids and Byzantines tend to convert the nestorian provinces pretty fast.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 500 501 [502] 503 504 ... 1002