Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 523 524 [525] 526 527 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2010740 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #7860 on: June 12, 2015, 08:02:37 am »

Bronn you slag stop sleeping your way up the game of thrones

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7861 on: June 12, 2015, 12:31:47 pm »

The worst part is that greater frogland and the vikings never actually annex any anglo saxon territory,  meaning it stays anglo saxon instead of becoming properly english, which confuses the euiv> vickyii converter
Normans need to invade Britain for English to come about.
Specifically, before Anglo-Saxon culture is replaced by Nords, Scots and Franks. Though I've also seen a game where all of the petty Kingdoms were inherited by various Iberian Kings as well.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7862 on: June 12, 2015, 02:28:57 pm »

Also after 1050 or some date like that. Before that date, it can't occur.
I think it is, but also it's very unlikely. First you need a norse rule over franks/french to get normans, and then those normas need to rule over anglo-saxons to get english.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7863 on: June 12, 2015, 02:31:36 pm »

Also after 1050 or some date like that. Before that date, it can't occur.
I think it is, but also it's very unlikely. First you need a norse rule over franks/french to get normans, and then those normas need to rule over anglo-saxons to get english.
I had that happen when a Norse Miroslav settled in Frankish Netherlands. The Netherlands was then annexed by the French of Francia, but by this point the Norse Miroslavs had already become Normans. Decades later this Norman line of Miroslavs then had an unlanded member create a host to conquer the Duchy of Ulster. This then lay the foundation for the Norman King of Ireland and Wales, and then the Norman King of Ireland, Wales and England - and the creation of the English culture.
I wonder if Norman AI are more likely to declare invasions on the British Isles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7864 on: June 12, 2015, 03:20:12 pm »

I'm probably going to pick this up when it inevitably goes 75% during the Steam sale.  From what I gathered in terms of DLC, Legacy of Rome is the "if you get one DLC make it this one" DLC, correct?  Mostly they just add different start times/religions/etc.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #7865 on: June 12, 2015, 03:27:18 pm »

I'm probably going to pick this up when it inevitably goes 75% during the Steam sale.  From what I gathered in terms of DLC, Legacy of Rome is the "if you get one DLC make it this one" DLC, correct?  Mostly they just add different start times/religions/etc.
yeperoni, it adds retinues and a whole bunch of byzantine stuff

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7866 on: June 12, 2015, 03:32:13 pm »

The Republic is fun too! and opens up a ton of options in vanilla and for mods.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7867 on: June 12, 2015, 03:36:29 pm »

Yeah, if you don't want to be a Christian you'll need a DLC. Way of Life is another general DLC as well, but I've only played with it in multiplayer so I don't know enough to recommend it.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7868 on: June 12, 2015, 03:38:44 pm »

I'll just list the DLCs in a spoiler and you can judge by yourself
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7869 on: June 12, 2015, 03:40:08 pm »

Way of Life isn't necessary, but if it's cheap, go for it. I'd deffo recommend The Old Gods - gives a new, interesting start date and the ability to play all them pagans, with their unique mechanics.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7870 on: June 12, 2015, 03:41:51 pm »

Way of Life isn't necessary, but if it's cheap, go for it. I'd deffo recommend The Old Gods - gives a new, interesting start date and the ability to play all them pagans, with their unique mechanics.
Just don't play as anyone in Britain, the vikings never stop ;-;

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #7871 on: June 12, 2015, 06:31:18 pm »

Base game is currently $20 during the Steam sale:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/203770/

And $80 with all the dlc (so much dlc). Most of which you don't really need, but at least it's half price:
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/51212/

Makes the price a little easier to swallow. There's a fair few mods about too, so you'll definitely get your money's worth, even with just the base game.
It's a game. Have fun.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7872 on: June 12, 2015, 06:35:45 pm »

speaking of sales (I also asked over in the SALES thread) I love CKII and EUIII and HOI3, I assume Vicky 2 + everything is worth 10 bucks?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7873 on: June 12, 2015, 06:47:35 pm »

I mean it makes CK 2 look like an easily accessible, like I don't know a mobile version of Call of Duty, but if you can get past that its a good game.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 07:39:31 pm by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7874 on: June 12, 2015, 06:58:27 pm »

speaking of sales (I also asked over in the SALES thread) I love CKII and EUIII and HOI3, I assume Vicky 2 + everything is worth 10 bucks?

Absolutely. It may take a while to figure out, but it's not really a problem if you can handle DF.
Pages: 1 ... 523 524 [525] 526 527 ... 1002