Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 525 526 [527] 528 529 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 1990031 times)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #7890 on: June 14, 2015, 02:44:16 pm »

Yeah upgrading is kinda all or nothing...you generally want to upgrade as many as possible to max...all the buildings you can since they are mostly bought with prestige

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7891 on: June 14, 2015, 04:25:02 pm »

So trying to bring back the jews as Semien...I can always manage to get past the Abbyssian kingdom and take over the whole region...but I can never find a way to punch through the damn Abassid blob of wtf. And then they start throwing holy wars at me -_-
Fabricate a claim in India and migrate there? Or anywhere else for that matter?

I was actually working towards that...then a large series of civil wars and other issues kept me distracted and I never got around to it and then Abassid came down on me

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7892 on: June 14, 2015, 06:41:17 pm »

Gotta love how you made a Miroslav to invade the GoT world.
The Miroslavs are eternal.
Miroslav forever
Miroslav forlyfe

Man, switching from Tribal to Republic was a BAD decision. I went from like 5000 levies to 1500.
Trust me, you'll be thankful that you've moved on when you're 10k tribal stack isn't being wiped out by 6k Teutons and instead you're wiping them out with about 3 whole pikemen and 2 longbowmen

Continuing on: A game of Miroslavs.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
All the great houses. Ryswell are the descendents of Petyr Baelish (who was prolific in expanding his domain far beyond the legal boundaries of the Riverlands), Lannisters, Karstarks, Tarlys, Martells and Pykes are still old houses who have remained/become big guys, House Arryn, Stark, Targaeryan, Tyrell, Baratheon and Tully were all wiped out/rendered insignificant in the struggles. Payne and Swann were relatively insignificant houses that climbed to the top, while Ryswell piggy backed off of Littlefinger and Miroslav appeared out of the bloom to remove Andals from the premises. Converting to Rh'ollor means that taking over houses through intrigue and marriage will be exceedingly difficult until the great houses can be reeducated to the fire god. Likewise, subverting merchant republics will be nigh-impossible without first destroying them and turning them into Lordships.
The only way is war; current objective: Take King's Landing. The goal is not to become King of the Seven Kingdoms, but to get ships to take Dragonstone (and thus stand more of a chance of taking a dragon). Alternatively, could just use a sellsail fleet.
Nevertheless, a somewhat shaky start for the Miroslavs... Blaz Miroslav is hated all across the land (except in the loyalist Vale) for being a treacherous, traitorous, ruthless conniving Machiavel who sets people on fire. Almost got completely unraveled by King Tyros, but fortunately he is dead and Blaz is bantering alive and well. The King absolutely hates me, but if I fuck up the Seven Kingdoms so hard that the White Walkers are laying siege to Winterfell there will be nothing they can do to break the Bloody Gate (once I take it). I think I'll work on spreading the Miroslav family east/south, maybe rebuild an abandoned colony (so that somewhere has serb culture at the very least). That way once the White Walkers kill everyone, the Miroslav family will be laughing their bums off in a tropical paradise somewhere with mango juice and guava.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7893 on: June 15, 2015, 12:51:55 am »

So I played some of the game of thrones mod, not knowing anything at all besides talking to friend about lore help.

This is the end result.

1:49 AM - Iceblaster: THen again, i think that universe was kinda fucked :P
1:50 AM - Iceblaster: Joffrey managed to fuck over so badly he doesn't even see his fucked over kingdom
1:50 AM - Iceblaster: It's in eternal revolt it feels like
1:50 AM - Iceblaster: The wall has fallen
1:50 AM - Iceblaster: Stannis is not dead yet
1:50 AM - Iceblaster: Etc
1:50 AM - Iceblaster: goddamnit joffrey
1:50 AM - drook cookem: fuckin joffrey

I died after one character. Turns out, playing as a female is hard :P

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7894 on: June 15, 2015, 08:33:22 am »

Is this game worth $20? I'm considering buying it since it's gone on sale on steam. I'm a big fan of strategy games and RPGs and was thinking of getting this. I did try it for a few hours on a free weekend and liked the concept, but I didn't quite get past the learning curve before the event ended, although I did have quite a bit of fun. I'm currently waiting to see if the game goes on sale for less, but if it doesn't is it worth that price and are there any vital DLCs?

I'd say there's a 99% chance it drops to -75% at some point; it's gone for that many times before.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7895 on: June 15, 2015, 11:04:34 am »

Aw yis, Blaz has a dragon now. There are 5 dragons in the world and 3 dragon riders. The youngest is controlled by Blaz in the Vale, Drogon is controlled by some Ser in Driftmark in the Iron Throne and another is interestingly controlled by a Knight living in some ruins in the east. 2 more wild dragons remain in the lands of the Iron Throne, and they're the big old three who once belonged to Danaerys Targaeryan... Not to be trifled with, and certainly makes the Lannisters' attempts to tame them a matter of serious concern. Also, Blaz is officially King of the Mountain and the Vale, chosen of R'hollor and that dude with a dragon. He managed to take over the Riverlands county within the Vale after a coup against their house led to civil strife in the Iron Throne; the Lord of the Vale too this time to legalize slavery and wage unrestricted warfare on the Riverlands. The beautiful part was that the Vale soldiers themselves did almost none of the fighting, 5 high lords in the Riverlands turned on their conqueror and allied themselves with the Miroslavs just to wound the conquerors greatly.
Meanwhile the Night's Watch are fucked.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7896 on: June 15, 2015, 11:39:34 am »

Better pray for peace in the Seven Kingdoms or start forging those overseas claims, LW.
Love, scriver~

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7897 on: June 15, 2015, 11:41:45 am »

Or, better yet, can a Miroslav rule Winter?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7898 on: June 15, 2015, 11:49:24 am »

The fact that the Payne's are ruling the Westerlands is funny as hell. Just imagine, everyone has perished, Podrick Payne ascends to lordship, orgies ensue.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7899 on: June 15, 2015, 12:12:38 pm »

Is this game worth $20? I'm considering buying it since it's gone on sale on steam. I'm a big fan of strategy games and RPGs and was thinking of getting this. I did try it for a few hours on a free weekend and liked the concept, but I didn't quite get past the learning curve before the event ended, although I did have quite a bit of fun. I'm currently waiting to see if the game goes on sale for less, but if it doesn't is it worth that price and are there any vital DLCs?

I'd say there's a 99% chance it drops to -75% at some point; it's gone for that many times before.

And now it's 80% off; is it worth $8 to you?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7900 on: June 15, 2015, 12:18:00 pm »

Yep, definitely getting it now. Might hold off on a couple of DLCs and see if they go lower, but I'll grab way of life and Old Gods because Vikings. I'll get sons of Abraham as well.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7901 on: June 15, 2015, 04:03:23 pm »

I certainly wish I could've used this sake and picked up all of the DLC.
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7902 on: June 15, 2015, 06:28:09 pm »

Or, better yet, can a Miroslav rule Winter?
No :(

The fact that the Payne's are ruling the Westerlands is funny as hell. Just imagine, everyone has perished, Podrick Payne ascends to lordship, orgies ensue.
The Payne's were awarded the Westerlands by a King Rupert Lannister after King Tyros Lannister was eaten by Visarion the dragon. Sadly, by the time Podrick Payne was dead for a whole generation. His kids enjoyed more success as rulers of the Westerlands; King Rupert awarded the Westerlands to a non-Lannister as all the Lannisters merely became title claimants upon succession.

Better pray for peace in the Seven Kingdoms or start forging those overseas claims, LW.
...And then the Seven Years war began.

The Iron Throne was not in such good shape after the seven years war, namely beca- WAIT WHAT THEY DID WHAT? WHY ARE THE WHITE WALKERS MAKING FAT STACKS OF GOLD CAPS?!!
Oh wait, they Balkanized. No more merchant republic of white walkers. Nevar forget.
Spoiler: Moving on... (click to show/hide)

My only worry is that I have spent two generations of Miroslavs inflicting the worst possible damage upon the Seven Kingdoms possible, and I may have damaged it so hard it's broken. I'm 90% certain that the White Walkers can't advance beyond the Neck into the southern lands. I am sympathetic to the plight of the Karstarks who tried to support me, but just as they were incapable of supporting me I am incapable/unwilling to support them. I think I will begin moving south to the Summer Islands, where Winter isn't even there. I think the Serbs may honestly at this point be responsible for more deaths than the genocidal frost demons.

Cicero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7903 on: June 15, 2015, 06:31:07 pm »

Yep, definitely getting it now. Might hold off on a couple of DLCs and see if they go lower, but I'll grab way of life and Old Gods because Vikings. I'll get sons of Abraham as well.

Legacy of Rome is probably worth getting too. Adds in a couple mechanics like standing armies that you can't use otherwise.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7904 on: June 15, 2015, 07:44:29 pm »

Had quite a bit of fun so far. Currently, I'm attempting to become the king of France as duke William the bastard. I've seduced a ton of people and remarried a ton so that I now have 1100 prestige and am going to fabricate a claim to take Paris, unless there's an easier way. I've not been able to marry into the king's family, nor assassinate him. If I take Paris, will I become the king? I'm not exactly sure how this works.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs
Pages: 1 ... 525 526 [527] 528 529 ... 1002