Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 528 529 [530] 531 532 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2006424 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #7935 on: June 17, 2015, 12:12:09 pm »

Uh, no, he can't. He can't switch to a non-tribal province as tribal, and after going from tribal to republic, he can't change his capital at all.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7936 on: June 17, 2015, 12:14:35 pm »

So I don't get Republiconomics at all. To build Trade Post I need a male member of my family faffing at home. A good trade post, with a couple upgrades and a nice trade zone will bring maybe 17 gold a year. The stipend male family members is around 35 gold per years. How do I make money?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7937 on: June 17, 2015, 12:16:04 pm »

The amount of money you spend on family members doesn't really go up as you get more, each member just gets a smaller cut of the more-or-less same amount of cash.
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7938 on: June 17, 2015, 12:18:29 pm »

I think the total amount you pay your family is roughly a percentage of your revenue.  Such that more family members won't cost you more money, at least linearly.  I don't recall though.

Having the chancellor collect taxes in your capital will boost your manor's income too, if that helps.

Edit: Ninja'd
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7939 on: June 17, 2015, 12:19:38 pm »

Not true, I'm currently paying about 600 gold a year to family members. Even with 22 trade posts and the greatest Empire on the map, I'm barely breaking even.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7940 on: June 17, 2015, 12:20:11 pm »

Uh, no, he can't. He can't switch to a non-tribal province as tribal, and after going from tribal to republic, he can't change his capital at all.
Oh, yeah. I thought the coastal province he wanted was also tribal.

Not true, I'm currently paying about 600 gold a year to family members. Even with 22 trade posts and the greatest Empire on the map, I'm barely breaking even.
Time to start culling family members?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7941 on: June 17, 2015, 12:36:50 pm »

Oh, yeah. I thought the coastal province he wanted was also tribal.
Naw, he wants to switch to an already-developed city. :P

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7942 on: June 17, 2015, 12:55:46 pm »

It's a shame tribals can't turn cities/castles/temples into tribes. Would encourage a tribal-only run.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7943 on: June 17, 2015, 12:56:43 pm »

Hmm...I think there's a few crappy tribal coastal counties like Anti-Atlas left, but of course Umayyads. Would it be crippling to have a non-coastal city as capital?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7944 on: June 17, 2015, 01:03:01 pm »

I think you can revert tribal if your heir is your liege with a tribal capital.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7945 on: June 17, 2015, 01:11:25 pm »

I don't think you can have a non-coastal city as a capital.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7946 on: June 17, 2015, 01:13:01 pm »

I don't think you can have a non-coastal city as a capital.
For republics, anyway. Unless you want to go feudal, in which case anywhere goes.

EDIT: Keep in mind that, if you got a lot of prestige, you can raise tribal armies. Those can help out, and a lot at that, when taking down the caliphates.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 01:17:10 pm by Teneb »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7947 on: June 17, 2015, 01:24:12 pm »

Hmm...I think there's a few crappy tribal coastal counties like Anti-Atlas left, but of course Umayyads. Would it be crippling to have a non-coastal city as capital?
You can't become a republic as a non-coastal.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7948 on: June 17, 2015, 01:52:48 pm »

Started playing as a pagan (King Björn of Ironside) and I quite like this much better than a French duke. I'm not very good at raiding, but the ability to call in a ton of allies whenever my colonies are under siege is great. It's also nice to be able to get a lot of prestige from taking a highborn concubine and then simply set her aside, especially since that prestige can be used for amazing armies. I'm also making sure to keep Paganism alive by impisoning and sacrificing any Christians that attempt to convert us.

Any tips for how to raid properly? Even when I organize a raid and raise all of my personal levys and fleets, I only get about 1,200 raiders and can't seem to find a good raiding target, leading to my force getting demolished by the 7,000 troops that instantly appear in the county they are raiding. When I finally find an easy target, they barely steal any money before it runs out and the price of upholding them counteracts any financial gain. Any good targets for raids?
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7949 on: June 17, 2015, 01:55:52 pm »

Venice is a good target. Also, the Pope. Upshot is that if you land on Venice, they won't raise their levies, so you can siege it down without worry, assuming you have enough troops.
Pages: 1 ... 528 529 [530] 531 532 ... 1002