Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 531 532 [533] 534 535 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2009229 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #7980 on: June 18, 2015, 05:40:03 pm »

Now you need to mod in a Nazi invasion and see if they ally with the remaining Free Peoples of Westeros. Because then you could officially claim that the Miroslavs are worse than Hitler.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7981 on: June 18, 2015, 09:51:04 pm »

That's hilarious and thank you for sharing it LW.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7982 on: June 18, 2015, 11:13:40 pm »

You should go into the Lord of the Rings mod and make Sauron unite with the elves to drive out the Serbs.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7983 on: June 18, 2015, 11:38:40 pm »

Apparently, I still rather suck at this game and just before my conquest to control the last holy site I need to reform Germanic Paganism, I'm dealing with 3 uprisings. I'll probably be incapable of enforcing demands on more than one of them and am extremely outnumbered. I have no allies because I was a shithead and didn't secure my kingdom's allies or even succession well, so... Crap. Guess I need to call in a tribal army and hire the best mercs in the land (900 prestige and 800 gold currently) and I was saving that for the conquest of the holy site. (against a fairly large kingdom)It definitely doesn't help that my character is maimed and likely won't live past 55, so I've only got 2 decades to win 4 wars, earn 350 piety, reform the faith, and secure my succession before dropping dead. Oh, and when I attempted to prepare an invasion of the holy site, the force randomly disbanded after 2 months, so I can't use that.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7984 on: June 19, 2015, 01:53:19 am »

LW, I love your tales, but could you please, please, please break your wall of texts into paragraphs?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7985 on: June 19, 2015, 07:01:09 am »

Apparently, I still rather suck at this game and just before my conquest to control the last holy site I need to reform Germanic Paganism, I'm dealing with 3 uprisings. I'll probably be incapable of enforcing demands on more than one of them and am extremely outnumbered. I have no allies because I was a shithead and didn't secure my kingdom's allies or even succession well, so... Crap. Guess I need to call in a tribal army and hire the best mercs in the land (900 prestige and 800 gold currently) and I was saving that for the conquest of the holy site. (against a fairly large kingdom)It definitely doesn't help that my character is maimed and likely won't live past 55, so I've only got 2 decades to win 4 wars, earn 350 piety, reform the faith, and secure my succession before dropping dead. Oh, and when I attempted to prepare an invasion of the holy site, the force randomly disbanded after 2 months, so I can't use that.

Having been in a similar situation at least once, I'd suggest several tips for next time:

1) Alliances. You need these. They can easily double your troop count or more depending on who you get.

2) Make sure your firstborn son is taught by a Strategic Genius (The Four Star Military Guy) with the highest martial score. This can give you +50% troops if you compare a 20 martial guy to a 5 martial one.

3) Make sure you have enough for a blot when you take the last site, or make sure you have the 750 piety upon taking the last site. It doesn't matter if you lose it after you reform the faith.

4) Constantly check the faction screen and sent your spymaster to scheme where the factions may be.

I hope this helps you out, or at least will next time if you're ironmanning this. :)
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7986 on: June 19, 2015, 10:26:56 am »

Awwww yiss. I have my Malinese Merchant Republic. And it is glorious. Actually, it's the Most Serene Republic of Mauretania and Mali, because I had to move the capital to Massat, and needed to make the Mauretania title primary to avoid some potential inheritence weirdness. And I just managed to extinguish the Sultanate of Africa and create its title anew as a Republic. Now I just need to get 400 Piety and I can create the Principality of Mali.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 11:43:10 am by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7987 on: June 19, 2015, 11:32:06 am »

Alright. I was playing a Patrician. I assassinated the Serene Doge. "You have began playing as a Republic and thus are no longer allowed to play the game." Excuse me, what the fuck?! This was on Ironman too. Urgh.  ::)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7988 on: June 19, 2015, 11:32:59 am »

Alright. I was playing a Patrician. I assassinated the Serene Doge. "You have began playing as a Republic and thus are no longer allowed to play the game." Excuse me, what the fuck?! This was on Ironman too. Urgh.  ::)
Are you sure you were an actual patrician and not a feudal vassal to a republic? The game tends to be wonky with that stuff.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7989 on: June 19, 2015, 11:34:27 am »

Are you sure you were an actual patrician and not a feudal vassal to a republic? The game tends to be wonky with that stuff.

Definitely - I set up the Republic in the first place.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7990 on: June 19, 2015, 11:39:15 am »

Does the AGOT mod have any DLC requirements it didn't mention? It crashes on boot for me
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7991 on: June 19, 2015, 12:42:14 pm »

Does the AGOT mod have any DLC requirements it didn't mention? It crashes on boot for me
Did you get it from the steam workshop? CK2 mods downloaded through that tend to crash a lot as well as having a ton of problems.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7992 on: June 19, 2015, 12:58:31 pm »

GoT is not on Steam Workshop, and no, is dies not have any DLC requirements.
Love, scriver~

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7993 on: June 19, 2015, 01:12:28 pm »

Game of thrones is installed to

Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II

not the mod folder inside that folder

That is where mine is anyway, and last time I played it worked.

I assume that is your issue, but maybe not. Otherwise, try reinstalling it maybe. Shouldn't need DLC, should be optional part of the mod.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7994 on: June 19, 2015, 01:22:04 pm »

I used the built-in installer from their homepage.

Apparently that installs to the wrong folder now.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright
Pages: 1 ... 531 532 [533] 534 535 ... 1002