Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2010812 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #8100 on: June 29, 2015, 05:31:43 pm »

Something happened to the line of the Patriarchs around 766, when there's no holder at all for the office. Then in 767, there's a new Patriarch, then somehow the Emperor's eldest son (of the Isauros bloodline) was elected to both the Imperial title and that of the Patriarch. I'm guessing that at that point, the Patriarchate became the primary title, and all rulers since have been elected and held both titles simultaneously. Which has actually made the Empire's politics distinctly...well, un-Byzantine. It's been a stable empire, but not an expansionist one, save for some gains in Armenia and northern Persia.

Meanwhile, Portugal became Cathar, which is shaking things up a bit in Iberia. Sweden had one Catholic king 40 or 50 years back, who managed to convert several provinces in the east of Sweden aruond Stockholm. The af Munso's quickly reverted back to their pagan ways, but are suffering from impressive Catholic revolts now.

If I wanted to, I could probably steamroll most of Iberia and then just steadily Holy War my way across Europe for the next three hundred years. I think I may turn off Sunset Invasion, because the Aztecs are going to have a cakewalk considering how fragmented Europe is.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8101 on: June 29, 2015, 06:59:32 pm »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8102 on: June 29, 2015, 07:34:52 pm »

Praise the Serb.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8103 on: June 29, 2015, 07:47:33 pm »

Y'know, last time you posted about the unholy Miroslav going-ons, I said congratulations on breaking the everything.

I stand corrected. NOW you have broken the everything.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #8104 on: June 29, 2015, 08:00:06 pm »

There seems to be no limit to your storytelling ability, nor Serb power in the tales you weave. You fucked over an invasion of deliberately OP units, while outnumbered and technologically backwards, and made a fucking epic to be passed down from father to son in Westeros. You won the war the Serb way - the B12 way - by risking it all and not giving two fucks or looking backwards, eyes set on your aim of having as much fun as possible. I swear to God Miroslav, someone better compile this into one album - because this is forum history right here - and send Whispers more mods to roflstomp.

also screenshots pls

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8105 on: June 29, 2015, 08:15:27 pm »

Unless it's already planned, Crisis of the Confederarion or After the End as your next mod?

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8106 on: June 29, 2015, 08:17:25 pm »

Unless it's already planned, Crisis of the Confederarion or After the End as your next mod?
After the End- follows human kinds last attempt to stop the Miroslavs. Nukes. After Miroslaves rebuild, they aim for the stars.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8107 on: June 29, 2015, 08:50:15 pm »

After the End- follows human kinds last attempt to stop the Miroslavs. Nukes. After Miroslaves rebuild, they aim for the stars.
Yes. Please LW, this.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8108 on: June 29, 2015, 09:17:43 pm »

Serbball can into space

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8109 on: June 30, 2015, 12:37:49 am »

After conquering the spaceverything one Miroslav stumbles into the Eye of Terror, finding himself on a world ravaged by constant war and chaos?
Love, scriver~

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #8110 on: June 30, 2015, 01:32:24 am »

Serbball can into space
Are you suggesting a miroslav aurora/galciv playthrough?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8111 on: June 30, 2015, 01:35:02 am »

There is a Space CK2 mod.

Yeah, after the end please! Not sure what culture would be best for you though.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8112 on: June 30, 2015, 02:35:24 am »

How do you assassinate people in CK2? It used to be that you clicked a button and an assassination attempt would be begun but now it seems the only way is via plot.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8113 on: June 30, 2015, 02:44:16 am »

You can get creative sometimes.

I'm always a fan of the "hey, we need someone to lead a one man army in this plague infested province" approach or the "I'm volunteering you to lead the 115th suicide corps to raid the Holy Roman Empire" strategy. Or you could imprison them, take the small tyranny hit, then sacrifice them to Thor.

There's actually a lot of unorthodox ways to get people killed.

However, if they're not within your realm you're pretty much boned. It's why I think adventurers are really stupid right now as even the event text tells you to assassinate them. Except you can't.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8114 on: June 30, 2015, 08:12:05 am »

Yeah, as long as they are of the same or closely related religion as you there's not much difference. I frequently assassinate foreigners to get inheritance right. A likeable character can even have a chance of assassinating people beyond the religious borders.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 ... 1002