Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 541 542 [543] 544 545 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2010394 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #8130 on: July 01, 2015, 02:07:10 pm »

I'm still hoping and praying for a Three Kingdoms CK2 style game.

The Koei ones are kinda nice but they're... not really polished to put it lightly. Also the recent ones are complete garbage.

Three Kingdoms in the CK2 engine with their hundreds of thousands to millions of troops would be so frigging good. But it'd probably also require naval battles because... you know...

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8131 on: July 01, 2015, 02:18:33 pm »

I have wanted China since before they released India...hope it is next...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8132 on: July 01, 2015, 02:22:03 pm »

Meh, banishing for titles was already prohibitively tyrannical.  Banishment is basically a convenient way to revoke every title at once - with all the tyranny that involves.  That's why unlanded courtiers can be banished without tyranny.  Now I would expect it to cost no tyranny at all, since nothing's being revoked. 

Even execution only costs 10 tyranny, since the titles are inherited as normal.  A single death is nothing compared to betraying the vassal contract.
I'm guessing the purpose of banishing now is to force succession.
Exactly.  I'm just guessing that it won't cost any tyranny, since it's objectively kinder than execution (which only costs 10).  Though even if it costs 10, it could still be useful to avoid angering the family.  Particularly if they're your family, because you do get kinslayer from executions.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8133 on: July 01, 2015, 04:07:49 pm »

China would kind of have made sense with this DLC - you can't complete the Mongol conquests without it, eh? Although, I kinda want to start with an European horde and conquer my way east... maybe the Magyars in Old Gods start. Screw settling down in Pannonia, I'm becoming Emperor of Cathay!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8134 on: July 01, 2015, 04:40:52 pm »

No more banishing to get free titles? Damn. That'll suckw hen this comes out, buuut I don't use it all that often anyway.

Just to get rid of uppity claimants who I landed so I can get that kingdom they've been petitioning me to grab :P

I like it. The GoT mod already does that, and it's one of the (many) things I like better than vanilla about that mod.

I feel like it's only a matter of time before they add China and/or SE Asia to the game. Which would be awesome. You have the Tang Dynasty in China, the early cultural contact between China and Japan, and the An Lushan Rebellion.

Since I know you know a lot about China, how do you feel about the "the CK2 engine can't adequately depict Imperial China" argument?

I feel like it's only a matter of time before they add China and/or SE Asia to the game. Which would be awesome. You have the Tang Dynasty in China, the early cultural contact between China and Japan, and the An Lushan Rebellion.
Groogy, one of the lead devs, has stated that he and Doomdark (another lead dev) want to do China once they are done optimizing the engine. So it really is just a matter of time. Apparently the main source of lag is not India, but the Middle East with the Byzantine and Caliphates being the main offenders. I'm guessing it is due to the huge armies and loads of characters.

I'm worried this will mean we won't get any actual speed improvements after an eventual China DLC, but that it'll go back to being as bad as it currently is (or worse). Then again, I don't really buy the "it isn't the thousands of new characters and dozens of provinces we just added, it's just bad coding for characters in old areas" argument. Of course, I do also acknowledge that I don't know how the code actually look.

China would kind of have made sense with this DLC - you can't complete the Mongol conquests without it, eh? Although, I kinda want to start with an European horde and conquer my way east... maybe the Magyars in Old Gods start. Screw settling down in Pannonia, I'm becoming Emperor of Cathay!

We came, we saw, we went back home :P
Love, scriver~

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8136 on: July 01, 2015, 05:12:43 pm »

Slower than it used to be, definitely.

On the bright side, any optimizations will benefit any mod that doesn't add more provinces post-China... be they TCs, or a "remove China" mod.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8137 on: July 01, 2015, 05:31:57 pm »

How is it slow? I'm really curious. I play it occasionally on my Surface Pro and there's no slowdown there. I don't even know what "slowness" would entail. Do the dates just progress slower like in MP or are the loading times longer?

One strange thing I've noticed is that in MP we can usually move at 2 - 3 speed but with CK2+ we're always limited to 1. But the loading times for CK2+ are super fast.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8138 on: July 01, 2015, 05:51:24 pm »

Dates progress slower. Sort of like Dwarf Fortress and FPS. The longer the game goes on, the more stuff there is, the slower it gets.

Save loads get slower as the files get larger, as you might expect, but this is pretty trivial.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8139 on: July 01, 2015, 05:56:09 pm »

The Koei ones are kinda nice but they're... not really polished to put it lightly. Also the recent ones are complete garbage.

Three Kingdoms in the CK2 engine with their hundreds of thousands to millions of troops would be so frigging good. But it'd probably also require naval battles because... you know...
There's one Florence and the Machine song where I cannot unhear her singing SIMA YIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8140 on: July 01, 2015, 06:05:57 pm »

Also you'll get to pit your Miroslavs against the likes of Cao Cao and Lu Bu. Hopefully the kind of modded Lu Bu that can fight ten thousand men by himself.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #8141 on: July 01, 2015, 07:34:38 pm »

RTTK 10 is actually pretty boss I'll have you know.

Also you'll get to pit your Miroslavs against the likes of Cao Cao and Lu Bu. Hopefully the kind of modded Lu Bu that can fight ten thousand men by himself.
What do you mean modded? Lu Bu don't need no mods to fight ten thousand men by himself!
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8142 on: July 01, 2015, 07:51:51 pm »

I like it yeah, but it's frigging 10 years old. Every single one that's come since has been getting worse and worse.

I do like some things the series does. The combat is way better than how it is in CK2 for one. Also the entire map is seamless (though they even got rid of that too).

If they had CK2's systems along with RoTK's combat... holy shit. Can you imagine how good it'd be?

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #8143 on: July 01, 2015, 07:55:14 pm »

I like it yeah, but it's frigging 10 years old. Every single one that's come since has been getting worse and worse.
Yeah the thing about RTTK is that the devs seem to feel the need to reinvent the wheel EVERY. SINGLE. GAME.

They couldn't just take the things that worked and build on that, nope, had to remake ERRYTHING, ALL THE TIME.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8144 on: July 01, 2015, 09:22:41 pm »

Ok, so you know how I said Abyssid and Umayyad controlled more than half the Muslim world? Well, Umayyad controlled everything to the west except for Mali (including most of Hispania) and Abyssid controlled everything that wasn't Abyssinia and soon-to-be-Mongoland. EVERYTHING.

The great thing was that despite their power and their alliance, Abyssinia failed CONSTANTLY to beat the Byzantines when attacking (they won most defensive wars) and Umayyad similarly failed against little old Navarra all the time.

Their constant failures to succeed in holy wars apparently drove Sunni moral authority so low that Umayyad went Full Heretic and started being ruled by Zenkri. Some Sunni dukes didn't like that so they seceded and made Andalusia. With South Kebab split between Sunni and Heretic, holy wars aren't an issue for me any more and they're both easier to conquer! Deus vult!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 11:27:16 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.
Pages: 1 ... 541 542 [543] 544 545 ... 1002