Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 544 545 [546] 547 548 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2010435 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #8175 on: July 06, 2015, 08:57:17 pm »

I just clocked; the game could sorely be improved in depth with an option to invite others into factions and alliances.
I assume you know about the spymaster ability, right? But yeah, having factions be a bit like plots would be nice.

Yeah, as it is now, Factions are just there. While they are useful if you join a really powerful one, being part of a faction or forming one is sorely lacking in options. Can't really do much other than hope you can beat your liege.
And sending your spymaster out to scheme in other vassal of your liege gives a chance for an event to pop allowing them to join. I haven't ever used it because I tend to avoid factions or be independent, but I've noticed its there, so I can't verify how well it works.
Every time I use it, the guy says "Oh, sure, I'll join your faction," and doesn't.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8176 on: July 06, 2015, 09:05:17 pm »

I just clocked; the game could sorely be improved in depth with an option to invite others into factions and alliances.
I assume you know about the spymaster ability, right? But yeah, having factions be a bit like plots would be nice.

Yeah, as it is now, Factions are just there. While they are useful if you join a really powerful one, being part of a faction or forming one is sorely lacking in options. Can't really do much other than hope you can beat your liege.
And sending your spymaster out to scheme in other vassal of your liege gives a chance for an event to pop allowing them to join. I haven't ever used it because I tend to avoid factions or be independent, but I've noticed its there, so I can't verify how well it works.
Every time I use it, the guy says "Oh, sure, I'll join your faction," and doesn't.

Yep, this so very much. I've basically given up on factions since your liege will always try to dissuade you from factionalism within a number of years, people won't join from the spymaster event even if it says so, and if you join a faction as non-leader they'll more likely than not declared war for their cause and then happily blunder all of their armies straight into defeat, handily handing the liege a carte blanche to fuck up your hard work. It is, in my opinion, the most horribly designed and implemented feature in CK2 and Paradox should honestly feel bad for having it been so useless for so long.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8177 on: July 06, 2015, 09:15:28 pm »

How can I get my vassals to adopt Absolute Cognatic for their titles? Both the Empire of Hispania and the Kingdom of Navarra have Absolute Cognatic Elective, so shouldn't my vassals automatically be the same?

On another note, how do I decrease moral authority of my own religion further? I've already installed an an antipope but Catholicism is still at 89%. Also, if I depose the real pope and install my antipope, will the Papacy become my vassal if the new pope is of my dynasty?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8178 on: July 06, 2015, 09:29:19 pm »

He'll become your vassal if your an emperor, afaik.

Generally speaking, moral authority is from holy sites and actions of the faith, like holy wars and the like. If it has a head-of-faith, then the piety of the pope/head priest/patriarch also adds to the moral authority. If you want to make Catholicism lose out, then Anti-popery and losing the holy sites (such as by giving them to infidels in your court and releasing them as independent states, if you want to be cheesy) would work.
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8179 on: July 07, 2015, 01:24:44 am »

The faction system right now is bugged in such a way that the "get in my faction!" demand events does not check is the character is actually show to join the faction. So say that the Independence faction has requirements of 1, Not having a relation with the liege over 40, and 2, Not being in the same culture group of the liege (Those aren't the exact requirements but they're similar), and you try to force Samecultured von Liegelover into an Independence Faction, you'll get the event where he agrees to joining, and then the game checks whether he is actually able to join (or possibly, it tries to make him join, but fails). Since he doesn't meet the requirements, he can't join, and nothing happens.

Or at least that is how I think it was. I guess it's also possible it just triggers the wrong answer event, which would be a little more straight forward bug, but that isn't how it was explained to me, at least. In the end they're pretty much the same in practice anyway.
Love, scriver~

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8180 on: July 07, 2015, 02:10:42 am »

How can I get my vassals to adopt Absolute Cognatic for their titles? Both the Empire of Hispania and the Kingdom of Navarra have Absolute Cognatic Elective, so shouldn't my vassals automatically be the same
All titles have independent succession law. Hispania and Navarra have Absolute Cognatic by virtue of the title holders being Basque culture group, and so for your vassals to have any possibility of adopting Absolute Cognatic you need to hollow out their inferior foreign courts and replace them with Basque. Even so, if you don't hold the title it is essentially down to chance that they enact that law. The cheese strategy that comes to mind is enticing them to revolt in small groups through regional tyranny, then revoking all their titles and changing them yourself, followed by redistributing them to members of the Basque Master Race.

Alternatively, there are a couple of Catholic heresies that unlock Absolute Cognatic.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8181 on: July 07, 2015, 02:42:42 am »

Changing them doesn't really work. All my titles are Absolute Cognatic Elective, but when I give them to others it always goes to Agnatic-Cognatic Gavelkind. I have no idea why.

Cathar is the only heresy that unlocks Absolute Cognatic. I was actually aiming to get it to allow for female council members but then I found out that the Cathar faith has no pope. Without a pope, I can't excommunicate bad vassals and imprison/execute them. Do Cathar males dislike female rulers?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8182 on: July 07, 2015, 05:39:05 am »

All king and emperor tier titles have their own law, but duchies and counties default to the laws of your main title. I think. Are you giving away kingdom tier titles or those of lower tiers? Do the receiver already have a title?
Love, scriver~

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8183 on: July 07, 2015, 05:41:53 am »

Cathar is the only heresy that unlocks Absolute Cognatic. I was actually aiming to get it to allow for female council members but then I found out that the Cathar faith has no pope. Without a pope, I can't excommunicate bad vassals and imprison/execute them. Do Cathar males dislike female rulers?
Messalian also unlocks Absolute Cognatic, as well as female council and priests (though it also has no Pope). It's Extra Heresy at its finest.

Never played as Cathar, sorry. I think the female ruler penalty might be universal, I've never investigated it.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8184 on: July 07, 2015, 05:56:11 am »

All king and emperor tier titles have their own law, but duchies and counties default to the laws of your main title. I think. Are you giving away kingdom tier titles or those of lower tiers? Do the receiver already have a title?
The receivers had no titles. Even my baron vassal in Navarra has Ab-C Gavelkind. I'm actually destroying kingdom and duchy titles so that my decision of who will be my heir is more absolute. I really do wish there was a "Selection" succession law.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8185 on: July 07, 2015, 06:03:18 am »

Use the "Designated Heir" honorary title alongside Elective.
No Gods, No Masters.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8186 on: July 07, 2015, 08:20:04 am »

Only Buddhism and some other eastern religion gets to designate heirs.
Love, scriver~

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8187 on: July 07, 2015, 08:23:46 am »

Republics too, I think.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8188 on: July 07, 2015, 09:48:51 am »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8189 on: July 07, 2015, 09:50:01 am »

Next time: Dragija Miroslav
Pages: 1 ... 544 545 [546] 547 548 ... 1002