Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 604 605 [606] 607 608 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2008207 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #9075 on: October 23, 2015, 09:00:29 am »

I thought so too; it was quite the shock to have invincible warlord instantly dethroned on moment of victory; it seems that the Lakotan King was holding the rebels down :C
Perhaps it is something to do with the mod and custom CBs? Or GHW CBs operating differently from a claim CB.

As Falls Wichita So Falls Wichita Falls
Ask not!  Where the crusade is for...  Ask what you can do for the crusade.
(and become exalted among men)
Fitting since everything is Amurricanized

"Good evening, my fellow Quebecois.
Tonight I want to talk to you on a subject of deep concern to all Ursuline and to many people in all parts of the world, the war in Vietnam Ohio."

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9076 on: October 23, 2015, 12:30:04 pm »

I thought so too; it was quite the shock to have invincible warlord instantly dethroned on moment of victory; it seems that the Lakotan King was holding the rebels down :C
Perhaps it is something to do with the mod and custom CBs? Or GHW CBs operating differently from a claim CB.

As Falls Wichita So Falls Wichita Falls
Ask not!  Where the crusade is for...  Ask what you can do for the crusade.
(and become exalted among men)
Fitting since everything is Amurricanized

"Good evening, my fellow Quebecois.
Tonight I want to talk to you on a subject of deep concern to all Ursuline and to many people in all parts of the world, the war in Vietnam Ohio."
hey, do you know where all your Silentthunders content is located?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9077 on: October 23, 2015, 03:06:33 pm »

What is this glorious mod?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9078 on: October 23, 2015, 06:25:27 pm »

After The End I believe.  Places the game in a post-World War Three America.  Seen a few AARs on it. And some LPs.
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9079 on: October 23, 2015, 11:11:25 pm »

So in multiplayer we are having issues that make playing multiplayer unplayable, the game with suddenly stop, with one player behind a few days, no desync message. the last time this happened was when the player in Leon raised his levies. I do not know if there was a correlation.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9080 on: October 24, 2015, 10:57:13 am »

EDIT: And the Sunset Invasion just triggered in 1255. Shit. Hopefully it targets a Kingdom that I'm not in control of, like France or England...

EDIT2: And it appears that they are going after England and Scotland! Praise Allah!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 11:47:06 am by USEC_OFFICER »

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9081 on: October 24, 2015, 11:23:09 am »

So thats kind of awesome...apparently the +200 culture bonus for cardinals/pope is based on the culture of the province the papacy is in....I have him hosted in wales and now all my welsh bishops are taking over the cardinal seats

On a second note I think I am gonna try a game where I stay duke, do only theology focus for my characters until I get the theologian trait (and priest education) and essentially do everything to grow the power of the pope...like a holy order more or less.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 12:09:06 pm by dennislp3 »

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9082 on: October 24, 2015, 02:50:40 pm »

So I've managed to become the Norse ruler of a Tribal Byzantine Empire.

It took ages, starting as a custom Nomad Norse Pagan, conquering my way through everything in my path, capturing byzantine women to breed an heir with a claim to the empire, death related setbacks, reforming the faith and a bunch of other annoying junk, but it's done. Cheated more than a bit to speed things up since the thing I actually wanted was to form a merchant republic with Constantinople as it's capital and I got impatient.

Turned out one of the mods I have installed was making Nomad rebellions buggy though, every month I'd get over 100 peasant revolts that spawned without troops, instantly lost their wars and made the game laggy as hell, not to mention the number of pop ups needing to be dealt with. This was in addition to the actual clan uprisings and religious revolts that would actually spawn with soldiers due to my hoarding land to myself instead of giving it to other clans.

Got over 20000 gold from burning the entire Byzantine Empire to the ground, so I can probably afford to build a lot of it back up. Just need to start parcelling out counties, duchies and kingdoms to some randoms while I work on the merchant republic stuff. 20 years old means I should manage it in one lifetime, then I can sit back and hoard all the moneys and respect.

Going to mend the Schism and then convert to Fraticelli so I can conquer all of Europe in a glorious war, a war for the ability to tax every bishop everywhere! I will have all the money!
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9083 on: October 24, 2015, 03:54:31 pm »

Once a while back the Norse world in my timeline got conquered very quickly by Catholic Danes - the one exception being the scourge of the Meditteranean; the Varangian Guard had rebelled, conquered Constantinople and were raiding everything from their glorious bastion of Norsinople long after the actual Byzantine Empire itself had collapsed

'After the End' - a world after the end was nigh

hey, do you know where all your Silentthunders content is located?
I'm guessing you want this or this
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 04:07:39 pm by Loud Whispers »

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9084 on: October 24, 2015, 05:53:58 pm »

the later, and thanks.

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9085 on: October 24, 2015, 08:27:49 pm »

Just playing a game as Iceland currently. My friend is playing as England (Started as Mercia) and has taken over most of Southern England. France has gone Cathar and the Ummayads are on a bit of a roll. If I'm super lucky I might be able to reform the norse religion in 100 years time (I only own two provinces currently), but that's looking difficult. Also, why can I marry into my friends family when he's Catholic and I'm Germanic? Is it a cultural thing?
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9086 on: October 24, 2015, 08:31:57 pm »

It might be an ease-of-multiplayer game, if you two can ally each other regardless.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9087 on: October 24, 2015, 09:10:06 pm »

Just playing a game as Iceland currently. My friend is playing as England (Started as Mercia) and has taken over most of Southern England. France has gone Cathar and the Ummayads are on a bit of a roll. If I'm super lucky I might be able to reform the norse religion in 100 years time (I only own two provinces currently), but that's looking difficult. Also, why can I marry into my friends family when he's Catholic and I'm Germanic? Is it a cultural thing?
I've underlined the probable cause. Culture rarely gets in the way of marriage in ck2.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9088 on: October 24, 2015, 09:18:51 pm »

The Norse faith is called Germanic now.  Confused me for a while too.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9089 on: October 24, 2015, 09:30:17 pm »

It might be an ease-of-multiplayer game, if you two can ally each other regardless.

Pretty much. There's nothing preventing people of different faiths from marrying, it's just that the AI says no. If your other human will accept the offer, you can offer whatever you want.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.
Pages: 1 ... 604 605 [606] 607 608 ... 1002