Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 606 607 [608] 609 610 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2009810 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #9105 on: October 26, 2015, 07:52:17 am »

Apparently the Aztec's event troops are supposed to vanish after 50 years after their first invasion so perhaps they just vanished on their own. Considering that I'm the only other nation sharing the British Isles with them at the moment I certainly hope that's the case. 50 years has passed since their invasion and yet they still don't seem to have lost any of their troops. Plus the Catholics don't seem to be as helpful as in your game. For some reason they're launching a Crusade for my one-duchy holding in the south of France instead of trying to retake Canterbury or turn me back from the gates of Rome. But then again they already have a person lined up to take the duchy over, so I assume that some strong favouritism is being shown here. Still, no matter how the Crusade goes I'll be taking Rome afterwards so their MA will be taking a massive hit regardless what happens (though they're back up to 60% MA again so it probably won't affect them that much unless the entire Papacy disbands because of it).

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9106 on: October 26, 2015, 08:44:08 am »

the pope will establish himself as a landless title should he lose his roma.

I believe you can grant the landless pope a bisphoric and hell take it as a king leveled character
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9107 on: October 26, 2015, 04:09:41 pm »

Rome is really easy to take in my experience. Fabricating a claim on it takes very little time and lets you conquer it with no concern for the Pope calling in support since the papacy rarely has allies. Holy Wars for it are trickier, but by the time you want to be risking it you should have the muscle to take the fight to them and their support.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9108 on: October 26, 2015, 04:24:15 pm »

Yeah, I just realized that. I used Holy Wars to border the Papacy since I didn't have any other options, and they were a pain to deal with since the Knights Hospitaller and their legions of mercenaries inevitably got involved. But after that I just used the conquest CB that the Muslims get and it was a breeze after that. Besides the part where I had to stop and fight off a Crusade of course. At least the Catholics are down to 14% MA and hopefully I'll beat up France a bit to drop it even further.

Though to be honest I'm not certain whether I need to keep beating up the Catholic MA anymore. The Holy Roman Emperor's heir is a lowly woman married to some Byzantine noble. Best of all the marriage is patrilineal, so all of the kids seem to be Greek Orthodoxs. Hopefully this will be enough to cause the HRE to explode, or at least allow me to devour France in peace. Once I take over their lands I should have enough men to challenge the HRE and win. Hopefully.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9109 on: October 26, 2015, 04:26:04 pm »

Watch out.  That sounds like an ai recipe for repairing the schism . . .
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9110 on: October 26, 2015, 04:29:37 pm »

Watch out.  That sounds like an ai recipe for repairing the schism . . .
As mentioned last page...
You don't fuse the HRE and Byzantines because it's easy, you do it because DEUS VULT we DOUBLE ROMANS NOW
The AI is learning.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9111 on: October 26, 2015, 04:45:05 pm »

Welp. The AI is obviously too stronk. No wonder I'm having so much difficulty defeating them.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9112 on: October 26, 2015, 04:50:15 pm »

I actually have serious complaints about emperor AIs.  They seem waaay too passive in their dowing.  Am I the only one who thinks the high-powered AI are peacemongers?  Their underlings dow more than the leaders.

The aztecs landed in France, and in 100 years their only other wars were rebbellions and a war against the Spanish Emerate.
The Khans came with hordes of 100k, and then stopped at 1 kingdom.
The frenchEmpire let me gobble up Germany without trying to take it form the HRE when it could.
Byzantine has had 1 offensive war that the Emperor called that I can remember.  They're lobotomized, it would seem.

Also, Byzantine's favorite activity is dropping 20k troops off in an amphibious invasion when I have 16k troops stationed there and another 10k troops nearby.
Am I the only one who feels the Blob AI is lobotomized?
PKs DF Mod!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9113 on: October 26, 2015, 05:11:27 pm »

This is just speculation, but maybe they are programmed so they go after De Jure territory, but don't really care much about stuff outside it?
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9114 on: October 26, 2015, 05:43:50 pm »

I actually have serious complaints about emperor AIs.  They seem waaay too passive in their dowing.  Am I the only one who thinks the high-powered AI are peacemongers?  Their underlings dow more than the leaders.

When I was playing as a massive blob recently I was way more concerned with internal politics. Ruling over the entirety of Islam, I had generations worth of restructuring to do in order to feel confident that the realm could be stable. One day after I started trying to expand into the steppes the Emir of Barcelona decided to take Toulouse in a holy war, prompting the start of the crusades. I lost the crusade because I didn't want my armies to get wiped out. Steppe armies pretty much wrecked my retinues repeatedly so I was in a shitty position.

Ultimately I have no problem with passive empire AI. An empire which loses its army can lose everything.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9115 on: October 26, 2015, 05:47:59 pm »

Indeed. In most games where I reach Empire-level strength, I could easily conquer the entire world as Alexander the Great did. I'd also then promptly have my Empire disintegrate and possibly end up losing my dynasty, as Alexander the Great did.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9116 on: October 26, 2015, 07:10:43 pm »

I find conquering (most of) the world and maintaining the blob that ensues is fairly easy, it just gets really boring after a little while since nothing can stand up to you in a fair fight. Other than the odd large rebellion, which are easy to head off if you manage your lands right, there stops being any meaningful threat.  :-\
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9117 on: October 26, 2015, 07:23:44 pm »

True that. If you can reach the point where you're delegating to Kings things simplify considerably.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9118 on: October 26, 2015, 07:34:34 pm »

If factions didn't split up so much then maybe there would be some empire-level difficulty. But when all your vassals are incapable of putting any pressure on because they only care about their own de jure kingdoms/empires, it's very difficult to fall apart, even when a one-year-old becomes emperor and a random inbred courtier seizes the regency a few months in.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9119 on: October 27, 2015, 10:23:55 am »

A new tidbit about the next big expansion patch was revealed, like every other week, but it's not a picture this time.

Quote from: the sort-of dev diary
Today I’m going to spoil a minor usability improvement we’ve done for the patch. I had Nusia coming into the team with me for this expansion and he quickly got annoyed by how much work it was to go to the character owning a province. Thus he did some improvements and now you can right-click a province to go to the character owning that province. Shift+right-click take you to the top liege of the province, so no more clicking a character and then clicking the liege and then clicking the liege. Alt+right-click will open the interaction menu with the character owning the province. Finally alt+shift+right-click opens the interaction menu of the top liege. War declarations have never been this easy.

Looks like there will be a lot of convenience stuff around this time in the free patch. It's... nice, I guess.
Pages: 1 ... 606 607 [608] 609 610 ... 1002