Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 607 608 [609] 610 611 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 1990654 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #9120 on: October 27, 2015, 11:08:09 am »

... Wasn't it just, click on the province, then click on his portrait?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9121 on: October 27, 2015, 11:13:06 am »

... Wasn't it just, click on the province, then click on his portrait?
Pretty much. I guess you can skip the "click on portrait" part soon. I... actually don't see the problem in, what, two to three clicks?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9122 on: October 27, 2015, 11:14:50 am »

But now you can check the Emperor's data with 2 clicks instead of clicking on the count, clicking on the duke, clikcing on the king, and then the emperor.

Or, you know, going all the way to the crest on the map that hovers over the capital of the characters. ::)

I like the idea, overall.  I do spend a lot of time comparing stats and monies and planning on how helpful allies will be and etc.  They should include a comparison window, where I can store character windows for later or w.e.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9123 on: October 27, 2015, 12:50:15 pm »

But now you can check the Emperor's data with 2 clicks instead of clicking on the count, clicking on the duke, clikcing on the king, and then the emperor.

Or, you know, going all the way to the crest on the map that hovers over the capital of the characters. ::)

I like the idea, overall.  I do spend a lot of time comparing stats and monies and planning on how helpful allies will be and etc.  They should include a comparison window, where I can store character windows for later or w.e.
There is a back button on the top right, which is a little helpful, but a comparison window would definitely help.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9124 on: October 28, 2015, 02:20:21 am »

If factions didn't split up so much then maybe there would be some empire-level difficulty. But when all your vassals are incapable of putting any pressure on because they only care about their own de jure kingdoms/empires, it's very difficult to fall apart, even when a one-year-old becomes emperor and a random inbred courtier seizes the regency a few months in.
One of the few things I like about CK2+ is that it has very powerful and influential factions that make sense. So people who like to go to war stick together in one group. People who like trade stick together in one. Etc.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9125 on: October 28, 2015, 03:08:00 am »

I find conquering (most of) the world and maintaining the blob that ensues is fairly easy, it just gets really boring after a little while since nothing can stand up to you in a fair fight. Other than the odd large rebellion, which are easy to head off if you manage your lands right, there stops being any meaningful threat.  :-\

As Byzantireland, I found the bigger empires more than big enough to go toe to toe with me. Both the Golden Horde and the Seljuks were evenly matched, and the Fatimids + allies probably could have matched me too. I was marginally weaker militarily than the HRE, I think.

I eventually usurped most of the Golden Horde, which put me massively over the vassal limits, even with Imperial Admin, so I had two options: make a Ua Briain Golden Horde that may or may not collapse under my character's brother, which would be difficult due to their mix of religions and the AI generally struggling with religious insurgencies, or set them all free and retain the title of Khan for myself, which would allow the smaller nations to coagulate.

Eventually, I just retained Khan, then gave the Golden Horde title to my character's brother, resulting in the Golden Horde owning an independent Venice and nothing else, with former Horde members squabbling with each other over land rights (and eventually being bitten into by Byzantireland, Ruthenia, the Seljuks and (in the EUIV save) Oirat.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9126 on: October 28, 2015, 02:24:57 pm »

Emperor Teodosije Miroslav ruled for 71 years.
His successor Emperor Slavko Lionheart Miroslav would have ruled a few more years had he not been killed in the Crusade for Colorado.
This left the Throne to Emperor Milorad Miroslav.
Full AAR comes later

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9127 on: October 28, 2015, 02:54:31 pm »

So I decided to try out an Ironman game as Pictish Zoroastrian Nomads and have since learned that Nomads are nasty as hell once you realise how they actually work.

The Sunni nations have lost every war against my horde, I've claimed most of the Persian Empire back from them, I'm in a more or less unassailable position among my clans. India looks really tempting right now, but I just know that's going to be a messy fight to get into.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9128 on: October 28, 2015, 06:04:43 pm »

So I decided to try out an Ironman game as Pictish Zoroastrian Nomads and have since learned that Nomads are nasty as hell once you realise how they actually work.

The Sunni nations have lost every war against my horde, I've claimed most of the Persian Empire back from them, I'm in a more or less unassailable position among my clans. India looks really tempting right now, but I just know that's going to be a messy fight to get into.

Oh yeah, especially if it's later in the game. I got invaded by my Indian neighbor as the Persian Empire (well not quite, I had all the territory, just not the money to create the title) and they were absolutely brutal. I managed to force a white peace, but we'd spent almost 8 years fighting over Afghanistan by then.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #9129 on: October 29, 2015, 02:31:27 am »

So, Elder Kings finally updated. This should sum up how i roll:

My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

silverskull39

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9130 on: October 29, 2015, 11:20:10 am »

His successor Emperor Slavko Lionheart Miroslav would have ruled a few more years had he not been killed in the Crusade for Colorado.
Full AAR comes later

So, I'm a pretty new player, can someone explain what the whole deal with Miroslav is? It seems to pop up a lot.
Dwarf fortress threads can sound so.... unethical
it would be unethical if this wasn't the bay12 forums
Bay12: A short, sturdy forum fond of !!science!! and derailment.
Now back to your regularly scheduled thread derailment.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #9131 on: October 29, 2015, 11:22:43 am »

Full AAR comes later

So, I'm a pretty new player, can someone explain what the whole deal with Miroslav is? It seems to pop up a lot.
It's just LW's dynasty he AAR'd extensively. Starting from a random Serbian (king? forgot) to Hapsburgs on steroids.

EDIT:
So, Elder Kings finally updated
From the changelog:
- 0000021: [General] Elves are a goddamn herpes reservoir.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 11:25:09 am by scrdest »
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9132 on: October 29, 2015, 11:24:13 am »

that be a mod he's mentioning.

Loud Whispers does things in grand fashion when he does them.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9133 on: October 29, 2015, 07:07:29 pm »

It's just a dynasty that I've played around with for quite a while in one long, long, long narrative. It started off with one playthrough that carved the world between Miroslav Empires and the rest of the game turned into international politics via managing one squabbling family like some demented reality TV show whose consequences were nation-shaking. Then I tried again from the start back with the old gods as a humble duke and intended to never expand via conquest, learning to use asymmetrical warfare to take over the Karlings, Byzantines and the Eastern Empires. Although that playthrough did eventually result in accidentally conquering the southern hemisphere, the approach to expand the dynasty from the bottom up through marriage and intrigue more than conquest soon resulted in some horrifying world conspiracy where there were tens of thousands of Miroslavs on all levels of government and religion (for example, the Popes of all Christian faiths were all without exception Miroslav). I then ported this game to Europa Universalis where the Miroslav world Empire took over the Chinese and Japanese Empire by marriage, fought devastating world wars against each other in Eurasia and fought the hyper-advanced American Empires, leading to a world where nearly everything was Miroslav. That was about 1,400 years worth of AAR, with some offshoots like where a single Miroslav landed in ASOIF's Westeros and within around three generations the apocalypse was caused by the Miroslavs and this one, which takes place after the world has completely gone to shit in North America - with the legacy of Miroslav returning to reclaim the continent for the family. Silly grand strategy fun :D
I don't think I can top Westeroslav or the sheer volume of the 1,400 illuminati run but I get bored and when I do I do this

Tl;dr is
Started off as pagan duke of Rashka surrounded by hostile titans
A series of unfortunate events then created a dynasty of unparalleled mass, which then continued to expand until the world ended

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9134 on: October 29, 2015, 07:12:05 pm »

Finally...been waiting forever for Elder Kings to update
Pages: 1 ... 607 608 [609] 610 611 ... 1002