Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 609 610 [611] 612 613 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2010192 times)

Simon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #9150 on: November 09, 2015, 02:14:31 pm »

That's what I feared. It's understandable though.

Thanks for the answer.

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
« Reply #9151 on: November 11, 2015, 11:46:53 am »

I was playing for 10 hours straight tonight, starting at 769 as the denmark guy, conquered most parts of sweden and norway, then died and lost a huge chunk of norway a bit of denmark itself because of kingdom title and gavelkind shenanigans. eventually killed their king, got everything back, vassalized the other one, but before some part of finland got independent. i didn't care much, conquered the remaining parts of sweden and norway and started my raiding on england, scotland, france and every other coastal provinced, hehe.
i then realized i had three kingdom titles, got finland back because they had some nasty wars and revolts and then conquered livonian order so i could create empire of scandinavia. a bit later i reformed germanic faith and i'm now on my way to make feudalism (or merchant republic, im not sure yet (also achievement 2.0% of people for feudal and 0.9% of people for merchant rep) a thing to eventually get a better succession law.

the game's been one huge race against time and death of the current ruler. i really hope i can get feudalism pulled off before my ruler dies (he's in his fifties i think) because all my 25ish vassals have at least +50 opinion of me and the huge opinion hit that i will take due to tribal authority law change thingy is gonna hurt the next ruler because i'm sure not all vasals are going to think positive of him. :/ but oh well, lets see how things progress.

also i realized there's a dwarf fortress achievement "Have seven courtiers with the Dwarf trait" :>
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 11:56:47 am by rumpel »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9152 on: November 12, 2015, 04:39:00 pm »

Got published two days ago, but so was Fallout 4, but Paradox finally detailed what pacts are.

Spoiler: Pacts (click to show/hide)
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9153 on: November 12, 2015, 06:00:17 pm »

"Reveal Secret Bear"
"Buy Hedgehog"

Okay then. I wonder what undisclosed info they're hiding there? Obviously they're actions against another character, but what could they possibly be?

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
« Reply #9154 on: November 13, 2015, 01:48:44 am »

Founding the merchant republic was less stressful than I thought it would be. Little I knew that I should have amassed a lot of gold to buy my guys the necessary upgrades for merchan republic. Most of them adopted feudalism. Is there any way to get them to switch over to merchan republic (I think it's not possible, is it?)

Also, here's a screenshot because I'm a bit proud of what I achieved so far as this is my first real ironmode & achievements playthrough attempt (I always played mods and then just a couple of days, dunno why). Res Publica and Viking Raider <1% rareness achievement, yay! :D

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9155 on: November 13, 2015, 08:49:01 am »

If you really wanted to go for rare achievements, you'd have gotten Viking Ummah, too :P

I was in your same situation, only Shiite too.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9156 on: November 15, 2015, 05:50:02 am »

I've been playing Elder Kings mod as Orsimer, with the plan of conquering all High Rock eventually. Mages are hilariously overpowered compared to other education types, but I've stuck with warrior types for my ruler and his sons for roleplaying reasons. (Though I don't know if Malacath cares what source "strength" comes from.) If you wonder why I think mages are overpowered - they can conjure event troops, gain permanent bonus traits (like "Strong") and so forth with spellcasting.

While the mod is fun and all, it somehow feels a little... hollow? Hard to explain, there is just little to do other than planning my conquests. Events seem to fire less often than with other mods and so forth. I don't know if there is a problem with event triggers or if the mod is just basically reskinned vanilla.

I think I will drift back to CK+/HIP and GoT eventually.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9157 on: November 15, 2015, 06:05:23 am »

"Reveal Secret Bear"
"Buy Hedgehog"

Okay then. I wonder what undisclosed info they're hiding there? Obviously they're actions against another character, but what could they possibly be?

Undisclosed info?  What undisclosed info?  Obviously, the newest features are to purchase Hedgehogs and show off Bears.  I welcome these features, and wonder what other unique animals will be added.

On a more serious note, I cringe at reading that the AI will be refusing to ally with perceived threats.  Have experienced the AI under similar situations, I expect this to be a hindrance that will be poorly understood and lacking explanation.  Especially since the most infamous example, "Wants a better alliance" as a refusal to marriage that was only correctly adjusted rather recently, ties into the same area.

...Not that I care much, as I usually prefer Money -> Mercenaries over allies almost exclusively.  The new system, in the few times where the AI decides to play along rather than deny my alliance after tying up all my family members in loveless marriages, will certainly increase reliability at the onset of war.  Still can't control the allies, but the ally follow behavior makes up for a large part.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #9158 on: November 15, 2015, 06:12:58 am »

I've been playing Elder Kings mod as Orsimer, with the plan of conquering all High Rock eventually. Mages are hilariously overpowered compared to other education types, but I've stuck with warrior types for my ruler and his sons for roleplaying reasons. (Though I don't know if Malacath cares what source "strength" comes from.) If you wonder why I think mages are overpowered - they can conjure event troops, gain permanent bonus traits (like "Strong") and so forth with spellcasting.

While the mod is fun and all, it somehow feels a little... hollow? Hard to explain, there is just little to do other than planning my conquests. Events seem to fire less often than with other mods and so forth. I don't know if there is a problem with event triggers or if the mod is just basically reskinned vanilla.

I think I will drift back to CK+/HIP and GoT eventually.
Yeah, mages are pretty ridiculous at high levels. And when you have a specced mage, you can get a spell that makes you immortal while remaining the same race - though it has a good chance of murderizing the char instead. Necromancers can turn into Liches at a smaller cost, though it probably entails being rather unpopular with the human courtiers.

They can also summon armies cheaper, and summon a Mr Skeltal with various skills (though it's a crapshoot as with normal hiring) that get like +500 relation to the summoner. Although hilariously, if you give them a republic, soon a whole bunch of very, very anorexic politicians will pop up, without the bonus, and immortal, and hated by all humans who will OH GOD SLANDER ALL THE GODDAMN TIME.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9159 on: November 15, 2015, 11:10:30 am »

I am quite amused by the idea of a lich warlord with low self esteem worried that the humans are slandering him behind his back

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9160 on: November 15, 2015, 11:25:28 am »

I am so amused at the idea of a lich king in Crusader Kings that I have to try the mod.  I was already gonna, but that cinched it.
I wonder if Khajiit can be lich?  Will try to find out.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9161 on: November 15, 2015, 11:28:16 am »

But dies the ai achieve greatness ever?

Can you use necromantic magic to turn yourself insane?

Gloriously insane.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #9162 on: November 15, 2015, 11:33:34 am »

I am quite amused by the idea of a lich warlord with low self esteem worried that the humans are slandering him behind his back
THAT'S LITERALLY WHAT'S HAPPENING TO MY CHARACTER.

He's not a Lich, since I'm a skrub with a Learning 40-ish char, so he's an immortal still-human-looking Nord Necromancer Warlord, but other than that, it's literally what's happening.

In fact, my impending world domination was rather abruptly halted by my character cyclically getting Stressed and, later on, Depressed traits due to being slandered ALL THE GODDAMN TIME which wouldn't go away despite my secession from Eastmarch largely stopping the slanderers and several attempts to magically cure both - it always came back, with a message that he's sad that people don't seem to be comfortable around him, and he has like 3 Personal Diplo.

So, my character wound up stabbing himself several times in suicide attempts to little effect, but finally he managed to render himself Infirm - which, annoyingly, renders you unable to use spells to fix that very issue and my Magister despite having like 20 Learning himself won't fix the damn thing.

That also prevents me from summoning no-upkeep 100% loyal event troops with magic, so Western Skyrim is as of right now a largely arctic world power ruled by a magnificently be-facial-haired forever-living ruler using a secret security force to kidnap and, occasionally, torture dissidents. Now I only need Thalmor to show up somewhere so I can have the appropriate opponent to ally and be betrayed by.

I am so amused at the idea of a lich king in Crusader Kings that I have to try the mod.  I was already gonna, but that cinched it.
Yep. You can also magicooly turn yourself into any race with high enough personal Learning. But the best thing about this mod's Khajiit...
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9163 on: November 15, 2015, 01:53:57 pm »

I played as one in that infamous MP game with the other Bay12ers.

It was very amusing.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9164 on: November 15, 2015, 03:59:17 pm »

THAT'S LITERALLY WHAT'S HAPPENING TO MY CHARACTER.

He's not a Lich, since I'm a skrub with a Learning 40-ish char, so he's an immortal still-human-looking Nord Necromancer Warlord, but other than that, it's literally what's happening.

In fact, my impending world domination was rather abruptly halted by my character cyclically getting Stressed and, later on, Depressed traits due to being slandered ALL THE GODDAMN TIME which wouldn't go away despite my secession from Eastmarch largely stopping the slanderers and several attempts to magically cure both - it always came back, with a message that he's sad that people don't seem to be comfortable around him, and he has like 3 Personal Diplo.

So, my character wound up stabbing himself several times in suicide attempts to little effect, but finally he managed to render himself Infirm - which, annoyingly, renders you unable to use spells to fix that very issue and my Magister despite having like 20 Learning himself won't fix the damn thing.

That also prevents me from summoning no-upkeep 100% loyal event troops with magic, so Western Skyrim is as of right now a largely arctic world power ruled by a magnificently be-facial-haired forever-living ruler using a secret security force to kidnap and, occasionally, torture dissidents. Now I only need Thalmor to show up somewhere so I can have the appropriate opponent to ally and be betrayed by.
Hahahahah poor necrowarlord! He tries to end the suffering of his pain but he's too dark and edgy to even die D:
Pages: 1 ... 609 610 [611] 612 613 ... 1002