Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 613 614 [615] 616 617 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2010209 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #9210 on: December 07, 2015, 05:16:46 pm »

ahhh, that feeling when you have about as close to a 'fair fight' as you can with the ai . . .

The Kingdom of Samogitia is trying to subjedgate the pommeranian region from the Polish King.  The King of Lithuanaia Samogitia has a relatively centralized country, his power focused on his own warriors and the tribes he oversees himself.  There are of couse significant allies he may draw from too, some as far away as Novogorod, but theyve proven unwieldly and too independent in all conflict thus far.  In reserve he keeps 2500 men, ready to be pressed into service should the need arise.

The King of Poland has only 800 troops of his own.  He relies heavily upon a powerful Duchy class, using their power to augment his own.  In addition, he caters to several alliances that were nutured by a shared religion and strife; people as far away as the far end of Ruthenia will be coming to his aid.  The King of Turkey Avaria is alligned with Poland.

I think I have the edge here, but we're fighting in their turf, and the bonuses they recieve due to it being their religion is amazing.  Poland has grown as fast as I have, and has already chumped the viking at least 3 times and even taken on and lost to West Francia the HRE blob without that name as few times.  idk why they dont create the title of emperor.  They seem content to horde their 5 kingdom titles and not create the empire. :|

The King of Poland is a charismatic fellow, well-rounded and a fit ruler, while the King of Samogitia has a score of zero for diplomacy and a score of 21 for  martial.  He loots his neighbors, is educated to a level 1 spy (his father was a level 2 at creation and a level 4 at death), and has been at war more than at peace.  He incited so many rebellions against himself he stablized the country through bribes and fear.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That jerkwad died in the middle of it and the kingdom defaulted it to his son, and I lost my casus belli and my one free subjedgation clause
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 06:06:18 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #9211 on: December 07, 2015, 05:39:40 pm »

HOLY SHIT.

Has....has 4x speed ALWAYS been this fast for everyone else?
I recently got a not shit computer and now that I've played CK2 on it just...holy fucking fuckballs.

Seriously, 4x before was like 1x now, that's ridiculous.
No WONDER I'm the only one who gets bored of this so easily, I had 4 times as much "waiting for shit to happen" as everyone else

Jeebus.

I also have this issue. Usually quit the game after 200 years because even on max speed it took ages to get through even a month.

New PC and I'm actually dreading getting into the 1400's so my quest to make the world Scottish will end before it can really begin!

I apparently don't really like changes in characters, I get a little too attached to one really good one and then get their dumbass children, and that was what usually inspired the quit. Now it's like "okay, I'll give it another few years and see where it's at" and usually get something interesting to happen. Like taking over France.
In that case you should try the Elder Kings mod. Elves live basically forever, and there are two spells that can make you fully immune to age.

As for me I'm using my new found speed to try and have an actual game of vanilla for once.
Current goal is to turn my capital of Brugge into the font of all technological knowledge, like a western Constantinople.

Wow, ok that is weird.
Somehow I'm the leader of "Tyrol Revolt" even though I never revolted against anyone, am still very much under my liege, and have NO IDEA WHERE TYROL IS.
This would be funny, except it locks out tons of decisions like arranging marriages.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 06:45:39 pm by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9212 on: December 07, 2015, 07:10:29 pm »

Actually, Tyrol is in the Austrian Alps.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9213 on: December 07, 2015, 07:11:19 pm »

Off the top of my head, I want to say that Tyrol is in... Ireland.
It's in the Austrian Alps.  It's the "arm" bit from Innsbruck on west to Switzerland, plus a wee bit that got lopped off and given to Italy after World War 1.  You may be thinking of Tyrone or Tyrconnell. 

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9214 on: December 07, 2015, 08:38:29 pm »

Let's face it, with the game's usual border gore and scattered inheritances, Tyrol might just as well be part of Ireland. I'm pretty sure I've seen the reverse of that.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9215 on: December 07, 2015, 08:49:08 pm »

Let's face it, with the game's usual border gore and scattered inheritances, Tyrol might just as well be part of Ireland. I'm pretty sure I've seen the reverse of that.

I concur.

I have the duchy of Transylvania from one of my former character's father, despite never having been further West than Italy.

I also have a county from Lithuania that I have no idea how I obtained.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #9216 on: December 07, 2015, 08:51:51 pm »

The location isn't the weird part, its the "randomly revolt leader" thing that bugs me about it. It doesn't even show up as one of the wars I'm in, so I have no idea why the game insists I'm some revolutionary :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9217 on: December 07, 2015, 11:05:19 pm »

Game kinda does that to me, too.

Some vassal revolts and then I -  emperor of one of the largest entities in the world - am suddenly leader of a revolt against them, and I can choose the ambition of becoming a council member.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9218 on: December 07, 2015, 11:10:59 pm »

should try to overthrow the gov.

Emperor Hector for King and all that
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9219 on: December 08, 2015, 02:33:10 pm »

:|  My son and hier, who was just literally in my little doomstack leading a flank becaue I just put him there, was somehow sacrificed to the norse gods.  But . . .  he wasnt captured by them?

Im a little upset about this because Ive been jailing and humiliating my brother, the  next best canidate for the position.  My second son is fat and trash and I gave him a duchy already.
PKs DF Mod!

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9220 on: December 08, 2015, 02:36:47 pm »

:|  My son and hier, who was just literally in my little doomstack leading a flank becaue I just put him there, was somehow sacrificed to the norse gods.  But . . .  he wasnt captured by them?

Im a little upset about this because Ive been jailing and humiliating my brother, the  next best canidate for the position.  My second son is fat and trash and I gave him a duchy already.

Your gods are weak compared to the glory of the Norse!

My advice is to dispose of your second son, make amends with your brother and prep him for rulership.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9221 on: December 08, 2015, 02:38:17 pm »

New Dev Diary.

Coalitions are a thing in CK2 now. New mapmode, Infamy, and some other stuff added as well.

Not sure how i feel about that.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9222 on: December 08, 2015, 02:38:53 pm »

The EU4ening is upon us. Repent.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9223 on: December 08, 2015, 02:59:24 pm »

Infamy
Was infamy (as badboy or whatever they called it) in the first CK? I honestly don't know.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9224 on: December 08, 2015, 03:27:22 pm »

Yes, badboy was indeed a thing in CK1.  It was a universal system rather than tied to nations like AE is in EU4 that impaired opinions of...either all characters or all landed characters; I cannot quite recall.  Piety reduced it, as did dying (though like the CK2 system, dying did not reduce it to zero).  It was basically a way to discourage mass blobbing and assassinations.

Just did some looking.  It looks like BB primarily affected vassal loyalty loss, if I'm parsing this right.  It's been too long since I played CK1, unfortunately. 
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 03:31:41 pm by Culise »
Pages: 1 ... 613 614 [615] 616 617 ... 1002