Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 617 618 [619] 620 621 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2005060 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #9270 on: December 21, 2015, 12:33:20 pm »

Wow, nice to see someone actually take up the cause of Loyalty.  I generally...don't.

Well it's entertaining to be ambitious. I've sometimes considered how interesting the game would be just by trying to maintain a single county for the entire game.

I would probably do that by dumping on my relatives as much as humanly possible.  And trying to generate as many children as humanly possible.

One Question: Do you mean single county as a Count or single county as a higher-ranked character, with vassals and such.  Both are certainly challenges.

Just as a count. The first (and only) time I played an Indian character was with the county of Munda, which (at least in the 2 earliest bookmarks) starts independent, though I was being much more ambitious in that one.

It would be quite challenging because you don't get the tech points for being a count, and I'd probably actually like to be independent as much as possible...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9271 on: December 22, 2015, 03:18:53 am »

Forgot to mention that I'm using the Rebels and Warmongers mod.

Well I'm glad I was friends with the Mercian royal family. Especially now as my current king is a rival of the whole family of the only non-relative vassals I have. There's been a lot of, ah, accidents, in their holdings lately. In fact, looking at their family tree I see...five accidents and two executions after a father and son both tried usurping my throne, with another plot in the making. And I retract my nonrelative statement. A distant cousin has a wife in my rival family.

The Offings (my rivals) control Middlesex and Kent while my current ruler, his brothers, and one cousin control Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex, Bedford, Oxford, and Sussex, as well as a Barony in Burgos. We'd have Surrey by now if it wasn't part of a very strong Northumbrian kingdom. There are only three adult males (one I made deaf after capturing him in battle) and two girls left alive in the Offing Dynasty, so the fall of House Offing should be coming soon. We've also fought off a Norman invasion (during an aforementioned uprising) and have beaten back the Viking hordes. Up until now my Dynasty heads have been good and kind to their people, but these Offing dicks have forgotten their place. They're actually the only enemies I really have come to think of it. I've also been supporting a Viking family that's been rebelling pretty successfully and creating all sorts of issues in the Norse territories.

I do have to say a certain Telltale Games Game of Thrones may have influenced my playthrough this time around. Before I had ever played a CK game I was big into the HoI and EU games, and up until recently I didn't really get out of the "Paint the world Blue" mindset I got from those.

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9272 on: December 22, 2015, 07:57:42 am »

It's around 1070, William has his English shit well in hand. Harald Hardrada is dead. I'm dicking around in Leon, hoping to unite Spain.

And Norway conquers England.

lolwut.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9273 on: December 22, 2015, 10:16:49 am »

It happens more often than you think. Well, for me at least. It always seens like the Norse conquer England in my games. And then immediately lose the kingdom to some kind of rebellion. It is rather sad, honestly.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9274 on: December 22, 2015, 11:18:07 am »

Some of the Norse are coded to try and launch a prepared invasion of England, which lets them swamp the scattered dukes and petty kings with ease with the hordes of prepared invaders, but when they win the fight the event troops from the invasion disband and they have to hold onto the land with their normal levies from over the sea, often while facing the wrong government type penalty with their new vassals in England, which means the local lords all hate their guts and want to rebel.

If the Norse AI was smart it would just press to create the Scandinavian Empire quickly and reform their faith so they could get out and make proper Holy Wars and crush everyone beneath viking feet like players do as the Norse.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9275 on: December 22, 2015, 11:48:14 am »

In 1066 Norway starts with a claim (or at war with them for the claim, for the earlier start in that year) on England. So if William doesn't do terribly well in his invasion and a lot of saxons remain who hate him then Norway can have a decent chance of winning a second war.

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9276 on: December 22, 2015, 12:09:53 pm »

Oh, nevermind, it just was re-Englishized, with only Dover and Cornwall remaining Norse.

Anyway, that was only my second game. I feel like it takes longer to run the Kingdom of Leon into the ground the more I play.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9277 on: December 22, 2015, 12:48:52 pm »

It's around 1070, William has his English shit well in hand. Harald Hardrada is dead. I'm dicking around in Leon, hoping to unite Spain.

And Norway conquers England.

lolwut.

Haraldsson inherited his father's claim and either successfully pressed it himself or had a faction for his claims successfully force William to abdicate. Or possibly he might've been voted king by the electives on Williams death.
Love, scriver~

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9278 on: December 24, 2015, 05:48:35 am »

I just got HL and started in 1187 as the farthest north-east khan. It is 1205 and I am significantly stronger though younger.
What should I expect in 1220 (Mongol Invasion bookmark)? I know a super-stack used to spawn but the map expanded so I don't know what is supposed to happen.

When I started I thought I'd try to expand fast enough to fight the super-stack off (I didn't know how much the long movement times, long sieges, and numerous holdings would counter my expansion) but I realized I have no idea what happens for the bookmark.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9279 on: December 24, 2015, 05:56:56 am »

IIRC, if nobody has taken the Khan of Khans decision before that specific date (1220, I guess?), Genghis will arrive with his hordes of doom. This happens even if you start playing as the historical clan of Temujin just before, funnily enough. Swiftly ended one attempt at playing young Genghis - you might be heading for the same fate unless they changed things.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9280 on: December 25, 2015, 04:15:45 am »

In September 1210 95k horde troops spawned and declare for the kingdom of Ughyar. 1212 he's got 80% of my land which will flip if I surrender but I've managed to bring him down to 66k with my 5k stack. I should be able to make myself a new realm if I surrender and act quickly but I don't know.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #9281 on: December 25, 2015, 02:06:49 pm »

Throw it in here. If not, I'm always willing to accept. :P
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9282 on: December 25, 2015, 11:09:28 pm »

I got Way of Life, Sons of Abraham, and the India DLCs with some of my christmas credit

I've been wanting to play with the Way of Life stuff, and now the Pope will finally make some sense.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9283 on: December 25, 2015, 11:18:56 pm »

I got Way of Life, Sons of Abraham, and the India DLCs with some of my christmas credit

I've been wanting to play with the Way of Life stuff, and now the Pope will finally make some sense.

I have all DLCs and in my game the Pope announced a Crusade for a kingdom in the South of India, so maybe not :P

There were no Catholics East of Jerusalem at this point (I don't even think there were Catholics in Jerusalem at this point)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9284 on: December 25, 2015, 11:54:56 pm »

Huh. Is this Vanilla CK2 where that happened? Because I don't see any indication that the Pope can even call for a crusade into South India in the wiki. It's done by a series of weights, but unless a value of 0 doesn't mean what I think it means, then I don't see how it's possible.

Also, the Pope doesn't care about where Catholic populations are when he's declaring Crusades. He has a list of titles to add to a list if they're controlled by infidels, and the titles are weighed so that he generally (but not always) goes after the more important ones. So it's possible, though unlikely, to have a Crusade called for some unimportant county if the mood suits the RNG. The county just has to be on the list of possible targets.
Pages: 1 ... 617 618 [619] 620 621 ... 1002