Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 620 621 [622] 623 624 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2011078 times)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #9315 on: December 26, 2015, 07:23:42 pm »

I oddly find it an acceptable model for Paradox, normally I'd reject a game that does it.

Then again, Paradox doesn't charge $50 every time they release a minor update.
I despise the Sims for doing this because they clearly produce a skeleton then add in features they had in mind since day one in fifty dollar expansions. With Paradox (or CKII at least) it seems like they produced a very solid game and allowed themselves to get creative with it well after it was complete. I'm not big on the face packs (particularly because they're necessary for the Elder Kings mod) but in general they seem to have something new to add when they start adding things.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9316 on: December 26, 2015, 10:03:25 pm »

I oddly find it an acceptable model for Paradox, normally I'd reject a game that does it.

Then again, Paradox doesn't charge $50 every time they release a minor update.
I despise the Sims for doing this because they clearly produce a skeleton then add in features they had in mind since day one in fifty dollar expansions. With Paradox (or CKII at least) it seems like they produced a very solid game and allowed themselves to get creative with it well after it was complete. I'm not big on the face packs (particularly because they're necessary for the Elder Kings mod) but in general they seem to have something new to add when they start adding things.
The face packs actually make a huge difference on the game, much more than the unit models do. For instance:
Spoiler: This couple (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Becomes this couple (click to show/hide)
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9317 on: December 27, 2015, 04:34:22 am »

But thoose screens also contained the counterexample of the player guy in the corner.
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9318 on: December 27, 2015, 10:55:34 am »

Also helps you to spot adulterers

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What a family!

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9319 on: December 27, 2015, 11:56:56 am »

What a family!
That's actually pretty funny.

Makes one wonder how the dad didn't figure it out.

"Wife of mine, why is our baby so pale in the face, like the men from the north who invade our kingdom?"
"It is not that I have slept with the King of Northmen, Odingaxho my husband, it is that I.... uh.... Dropped the baby in the flour. Yes. It is flour!"

"Wife of mine, why is our baby's hair the color of grass upon the plains in autumn? I have never seen such strange hair in all my days!"
"It is not that I have slept with the King of Northmen, Odingaxho my husband, it is that I.... hm... An angel gave me this child. He is the Messiah! Yes, that's it! The Messiah!"
"But Wife, we are pagan."
"Damn."
"Wife, must we take this to the witchdoctor, Maury?"
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #9320 on: December 27, 2015, 01:14:51 pm »

What a family!
That's actually pretty funny.

Makes one wonder how the dad didn't figure it out.
Alternately, the "father" is just such a busy man he never paid enough attention to his kids to notice.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9321 on: December 28, 2015, 10:54:36 am »

Just managed to secure the Iron Throne in the AGOT-mod as House Dondarrion (starting the game in one of the earlier dates). I'm also married to the last living Targaryen, making sure the dynasty dies out.

Gotta say I enjoy this mod.

Oh...I just realized that they released v1.0 more than a week ago & yeah, it's one of the best CK2 TC mods obviously. Sooooo v1.0 GoT multiplayer night is coming!  8)

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9322 on: December 29, 2015, 02:18:07 pm »

I know I could just go and try for myself, but my connection is slow and my laziness legendary: how do HIP and CK2+(and any other major overhaul I'm not aware of) compare against each other? I'm interested in something that adds flavour and interesting gameplay without breaking the vanilla feel too much and doesn't perform significantly worse than vanilla.
I have recently started playing CK2 again with CK2+ and it's very good, but also depressingly slow(played the whole night yesterday and only made 30 years :S). And while HIP sounds just as, if not more, slow with the SWMH module, I'm hoping since it's modular I can just skip that one, maybe throw in another mod that removes India, and still have an enjoyable experience, am I wrong?

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9323 on: December 29, 2015, 03:13:49 pm »

So I started a random game as a count in the byzantine empire in the Charlemagne start.  That little bit north of the turkish mainland.  Its around 793 now, and the empire is quite a mess.

My first character pursued a holy life.  Went on a pilgrimage to Constantinople, got depression, and eventually died of a fever, leving the county under the rule of a four year old.  That four year old became a (misguided) warrior under the teachings of the marshal.  The guy holding the regency married the kid's mom.  Ended up becoming a duke at random, somehow gaining a duke title on the mainland.

The empire has flipped between Orthodox and Iconoclast at least three times by now, and whichever one is actually valid.  It's an even split province-wise, both the empress and I are Iconoclast, but orthodox is considered the non-heresy.

About five duchies have gained independence, on the turkish peninsula.  At one point we were in four wars, three faction or revolts, and a random offensive holy war.  The holy wars have been mostly inconclusive, the Muslims band up too much in defence, but they haven't been able to invade much either.

There was a time all the dukes got together and factioned for elective succession, ended up with 300% strength.  We got what we demanded... for about a month, then it switched back to normal.

And then the game crashed (bad cell or something).  I might dig up the autosave and continue, though.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9324 on: December 29, 2015, 03:16:35 pm »

Is your Stepdad considered an ally?

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #9325 on: December 29, 2015, 03:18:05 pm »

Went on a pilgrimage to Constantinople
THATS QUITE A PILGRIMAGE YOU MADE!
I'm sure god appreciates you looking outside every once in awhile :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9326 on: December 29, 2015, 03:30:34 pm »

He doesn't own any land.  He probably would be if he did.

It made him question his belief, and then a couple months later was wracked with depression.

If anything, it must have been quite terrible.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9327 on: December 29, 2015, 03:54:29 pm »

He doesn't own any land.  He probably would be if he did.

It made him question his belief, and then a couple months later was wracked with depression.

If anything, it must have been quite terrible.
The Medieval equivalent of walking outside, meeting your neighbor, and realizing he's DINKELBERG.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9328 on: December 29, 2015, 11:20:40 pm »

turkish mainland is called anatolia
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #9329 on: December 29, 2015, 11:52:58 pm »

turkish mainland is called anatolia
It is.
I know that because it's the God-Emperor of Mankind birthplace. Who said WH40k is not going to teach you something.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 ... 620 621 [622] 623 624 ... 1002