Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 625 626 [627] 628 629 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2008631 times)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #9390 on: January 06, 2016, 01:39:18 am »

Poland is actually a pretty fun start, when I think about it. In 1066 it's a small realm, usually safe from intrusions. A step up from noob isles if you ask me.

But they suck shit as pagans.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9391 on: January 06, 2016, 02:17:25 am »

James while John had had had had had had had had had had had a better effect... then :P

Though that's more of a punctuation thing.

Apparently there are more words that "disobey" the i before e rule in the English language than actually adhere to it.

English is just a weird language. I imagine if I had to learn it as a non-native speaker it would be worse, but yeah. I did have to learn French, which is another stupid language :))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9392 on: January 06, 2016, 02:33:57 am »

English is just a weird language. I imagine if I had to learn it as a non-native speaker it would be worse, but yeah. I did have to learn French, which is another stupid language :))

shh, the prescriptivists think that french is the perfect language because they have an academie that "controls" the language

when in reality every language is about as awful as english, like, goddamn, you have weird spelling and lots of irregular verbs in english but other than the irregular verbs conjugation is almost mindlessly simple. It's not like, say, German with noun cases, or Japanese with counters, which are not awful if you're a native speaker obviously. For some reason, English speakers like to whine a lot about their language, I guess because spelling iz hard.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #9393 on: January 06, 2016, 03:06:19 am »

Poland is actually a pretty fun start, when I think about it. In 1066 it's a small realm, usually safe from intrusions. A step up from noob isles if you ask me.

But they suck shit as pagans.
So does everyone. Reform ASAP and crusade the shit out of whole world.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #9394 on: January 06, 2016, 06:59:33 am »

Well in my SviTHORNjod game the son of Ragnar Lodbrok ended up reforming the Germanic faith a year or so before he died, which has been causing all kinds of havoc throughout the realm.
Right now roughly half my vassals are stuck in the old ways, and conveniently every one of the bastards is zealous too (actually that might be what decides whether they switch or not, just realized that) making it nigh impossible to do anything with the fucks.
Most notably the king of Danmark is one of these old guards, and he and the original heir fought a duel over it, resulting in said heirs death unfortunately.

So I guess that I'm gonna be focusing my efforts for the foreseeable future on "converting all these asswipes one way or another" before I can move on to the problems of trying to get tribal organization high enough to go feudal.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #9395 on: January 06, 2016, 07:10:30 am »

conveniently every one of the bastards is zealous too (actually that might be what decides whether they switch or not, just realized that)
Pretty much. It depends on moral authority of the original religion and zealous/cynical. There is still a chance that zealous converts, it's just unlikely.
Also, they are going to die out in few generations since the moral authority of unreformed pagan is going to drop like a dead bird and that they just can't be zealous all the damn time, finally there is going to be a cynical/notrait heir that converts because, well, why not.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9396 on: January 06, 2016, 08:22:32 am »

I JUST REALIZED I'M AT MEDIUM ORGANIZATION.

I CAN REVOKE ALL THESE ASSHOLES ANYWAY! MWAHAHAHA.

Except the King of Danmark because he decided to convert right when I loaded the save apparently.
So I'm stuck with his -47 from his ambition. Fuck.

Ah well.
My favorite so far is I had one of my vassals already in jail, presumably for a revolt of some kind, so I let him ransom himself out with 70 gold from his position...AND NOW I'M REVOKING IT BECAUSE HE'S A SLAV! EVIL FEELS AWESOME.

Indeed, I do this.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #9397 on: January 06, 2016, 08:32:29 am »

AND NOW I'M REVOKING IT BECAUSE HE'S A SLAV! EVIL FEELS AWESOME.
I'm literally going to invade your singleplayer game with my glorious slavic hordes and paint the world red.
Slavs > Viking tryhards.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9398 on: January 06, 2016, 08:40:45 am »

Forgoing my "Stop Genghis Khan" introduction to Horselords and just ran a Magyar start as a Jew. Also counties with holdings in them can add to your population but don't alter if you have to hand them out to clans. And if you own the county with the empty holding on top all of the other vassals are barons instead of counts and as such can't join factions or add to your vassal cap. Had I known about this I could have been so much stronger.
Instead I'm 3 characters in and my holdings in Byzantium are hella mismanaged because I didn't know I can't hand out kingdoms. And I didn't realize how the merchant realm limit system worked. And because I ran into negative income from losing vassal taxes from being 20+ over the vassal limit.

In other news Middle Francia dominated France until Lombardy made them a tributary and they gavelkind apart. Khazaria hasn't done anything since I kicked their teeth in over my original capital. I tributaried the Abbassids which fixed my ducat problem. Thinking about subjugating Lombardy, reorganizing it under Judaism, and releasing it. Thinking about creating a jewish clan and releasing them at strength to invade the slavs so I don't have to deal with shitty pagan supply.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9399 on: January 06, 2016, 08:54:54 am »

F*CKING SLAVS NEVER CONVERT

Playing Vikings, conquer 3 or 4 Pomeranian counties

Send the Court Gothi over there for about 2 years

Zero conversion factor in peasants or leadership, Gothi is violently attacked.

Good job, Pomerania. GG.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9400 on: January 06, 2016, 10:10:52 am »

Well, update time.

So that thing I did to the jailed slav? Ended up doing that like 8 times ROFL.

Also, I find it hilarious that my superheir after Ragnar instagibbed, but Fylkir Dag, a fat stuttering greedy cruel bastard is pretty much gonna go down in history as the Germanic equivalent of Jesus because he basically got all of Scandinavia to convert to Germanic and moral authority is now at 95, and his hair hasn't even gotten white yet.

Oh, and the King of Danmark is my heir because we're cool now and he has 18 stewardship. Funny how much things change in a generation.

Thinking of turning Republic instead of Feudal, mostly because it's available RIGHT NOW while I would have to spend inordinate amounts of dosh on castling up my capital for the other, and partly because FUCKING MONEY. I NEED IT.

Indeed, I do this.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9401 on: January 06, 2016, 11:49:31 am »

Thinking of turning Republic instead of Feudal, mostly because it's available RIGHT NOW while I would have to spend inordinate amounts of dosh on castling up my capital for the other, and partly because FUCKING MONEY. I NEED IT.
Remember that, until you start balling out of control, most of the republic dosh you make will end up as campaign funds. ... then your heir dies and suddenly the next in line is a child, so an AI doge takes over and ruins everything.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #9402 on: January 06, 2016, 12:10:34 pm »

F*CKING SLAVS NEVER CONVERT
Git shrekt, Perun > Thor.
So that thing I did to the jailed slav? Ended up doing that like 8 times ROFL.
A very interesting afterlife awaits you.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9403 on: January 06, 2016, 12:20:37 pm »

Remember that, until you start balling out of control, most of the republic dosh you make will end up as campaign funds. ... then your heir dies and suddenly the next in line is a child, so an AI doge takes over and ruins everything.
AI doge already happened *facepalm*
And I have nowhere near the plot power to murder the bastard. UGH.

Indeed, I do this.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9404 on: January 06, 2016, 12:21:57 pm »

last time I got an AI doge, he presently became known as "the lecher" for being an incestuous adulterer

he only had daughters to do that with!

and i still couldn't get enough plot power to kill him
Pages: 1 ... 625 626 [627] 628 629 ... 1002