Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 626 627 [628] 629 630 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2011458 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #9405 on: January 06, 2016, 01:04:12 pm »

My current source of shame is also known for his love of the ol' wink wink nudge nudge ironically.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9406 on: January 07, 2016, 04:48:18 am »

I hate when the AI come over and just steal your trade depots... An you can't do shit. There should be an option to steal them back (claims?) or to attempt secession.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9408 on: January 07, 2016, 12:07:33 pm »

Aw yes. CK2 has desperately needed that kind of supreme council stuff and more vassal power for years. It was literally the only reason why I liked playing CK2+ because it had that sort of stuff.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9409 on: January 07, 2016, 12:08:35 pm »

I hate when the AI come over and just steal your trade depots... An you can't do shit. There should be an option to steal them back (claims?) or to attempt secession.

The solution is the same as whenever else the AI pisses you off: Kill them all.

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9410 on: January 07, 2016, 12:10:19 pm »

new DLC. and this actually looks really good. also amazing trailer.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/crusader-kings-ii-conclave-to-be-released-early-2016.901254/
https://www.paradoxplaza.com/crusader-kings-2-conclave

PD wants to annoy the fans. "Councils can now vote on changes to realm laws" ..but again: "or you can try to limit their power and influence". No shit, we will do that.  ::)
PS.
I've found a new TC mod [well...it's kinda new], it's based on the Three Kingdoms period in China. -> Romance of the Three Kingdoms. It's still in beta but it looks very promising already.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 12:15:00 pm by gimli »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9411 on: January 07, 2016, 12:31:50 pm »

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/crusader-kings-ii-conclave-to-be-released-early-2016.901254/

PD wants to annoy the fans. "Councils can now vote on changes to realm laws" ..but again: "or you can try to limit their power and influence". No shit, we will do that.  ::)
PS.
I've found a new TC mod [well...it's kinda new], it's based on the Three Kingdoms period in China. -> Romance of the Three Kingdoms. It's still in beta but it looks very promising already.
Sweet. I've been hoping for a ROTK mod for CK2 since CK2 came out.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9412 on: January 07, 2016, 01:21:48 pm »

The trailer for the expansion is pretty nice, I think.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9413 on: January 08, 2016, 10:17:04 am »

PS.
Sweet. I've been hoping for a ROTK mod for CK2 since CK2 came out.

Oh yeah, same here! My first ROTK game was ROTK IV. from KOEI.  8)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9414 on: January 09, 2016, 03:01:06 am »

So basically the new DLC is "stuff that's been in the game since the beginning, but better". Except, going by the dev diaries from the end of last year, the trend in these changes isn't actually toward "better" necessarily.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #9415 on: January 09, 2016, 03:12:25 am »

So basically the new DLC is "stuff that's been in the game since the beginning, but better".
With Paradox DLC, it's always either that or stuff that should have been in the game since the beginning, but worse.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #9416 on: January 09, 2016, 12:48:13 pm »

I think it will be better.  Really hyped and I dont get hyped about DLC.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9417 on: January 09, 2016, 06:06:16 pm »

So it was a few pages back, but I've recently loaded up the file where Istarted as a loyal Mercian vassal but after my liege was usurped I went out and took the throne of Essex for myself. Through marriages and other less friendly means I gained claims on the southern English territories and expanded. I formed the English kingdom while Wales, the Mercian remnants, and Northumbria punched one another in the nads.

I took Mercian territory while they dealt with Wales and a large (for them) rebellion. After they were split between us  I offered Northumbria vassalage and they actually accepted. I'm allied with the newly renamed Scots and after a series of duels and assassinations have seriously crippled Wales' ruling family.

In the latest war with Wales I managed to capture all of their cowardly hiding King's family, including his wife, and executed them all. Soon they will be pushed back to their historical border and the British Isles will be historically accurate border-wise.

I used to hold Blois through marriage but gave it up when france declared war for it. I gave it up immediately,  it was definitely not worth the fight. I want to focus on Scotland and Ireland before setting my sights elsewhere.

In other news, Italy controls about 80% of the Iberian peninsula, the Norse are spread deep into the continental mainland but are anything but unified. It's around 1100 by the way. France is still three separate kingdoms though they are each pretty strong.

Oh also I think I forgot to mention using the rebels and warmongers mod. On a phone, so it's not an easy check.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9418 on: January 09, 2016, 09:00:01 pm »

So, I'm playing a Kingdom of Catalunya (titular kingdom) in HIP, and I'm currently in a bit of a predicament. I want to conquer Provence, but it's in the newly-founded HRE. I control Barcelona and half of Aquitaine, and have a total army of around 14000 troops. If I swear fealty to the HRE, I would only have to fight the Kingdom of Burgundy/Lombardia, which is controlled by my nephew. The problem lies in the fact that I have to break out of the HRE at one point, and France and the half of Aquitaine not controlled by me are still all Karling.
Why not go for the nephew first, sweep into britain, then outmaneuver the HRE and gib as many of the 5k regional armies with a suicidal mercstack (Which you assault against a holding to solve the pay issue once its targeted), which also frees up your actual troops for fighting the rest of the doomstack without the warscore losses for no captured terrirory
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9419 on: January 10, 2016, 02:08:03 am »

Playing elder kings as head patrician of a  dunmer republic. I sent my chancellor to smooth some feathers after a little incident that ended with a reasonably powerful house demanding my blood. While this is going on I'm performing slave raids throughout blackmarsh. I get multiple reports that the talks are going great bit then by chance I notice the picture on the notification. My chancellor was accidentally placed way south of her intended target and was convincing an argon in chieftess that I was actually a really good guy. She added +60 to her opinion of me and brought our relationship into positive numbers less than three years after I burned her holdings, then kidnapped, tortured, and enslaved her kid. I almost want to make this work out just so my chancellor doesn't realize her greatest achievement was completely useless.
Pages: 1 ... 626 627 [628] 629 630 ... 1002