Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 629 630 [631] 632 633 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2011085 times)

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #9450 on: January 14, 2016, 12:02:37 pm »

Hah, now that I think about it...can you join tournaments with characters like those? I am not sure, but man...think about it. You join the tourney with an incapable, maimed, possessed drunkard king just to get the homo event. Ok, perhaps that would be too much.  :D

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9451 on: January 14, 2016, 12:05:41 pm »

Odds are you'll end up with that beautiful eternal tournament bug, wherein your bedridden lich-king of suckage gradually slays every noble in your realm.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9452 on: January 14, 2016, 12:36:36 pm »

Odds are you'll end up with that beautiful eternal tournament bug, wherein your bedridden lich-king of suckage gradually slays every noble in your realm.

Oh the bugs! 15 years after the tourney has ended [at least supposed to...].

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 12:43:31 pm by gimli »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9453 on: January 14, 2016, 12:41:32 pm »

Bob: "Bill, we need to handle the case where the player character dies during a tournament.  Some data isn't getting cleaned up."
Bill: "Cool.  Also I am so BORED today!"
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9454 on: January 14, 2016, 07:44:59 pm »

A vassal started a faction to lower crown authority in the Kingdom of Sicily, so I made him King of Sicily. The faction disappeared.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9455 on: January 14, 2016, 07:59:14 pm »

So, I encountered what I guess I'd call a design flaw in the game's logic: As a count of Aquitaine, I have reduced the duchess of Aquitaine to holding only one county. You'd think this might be a good way to usurp the duchy of Aquitaine except in fact it prevents me from even forging a claim on it (through intrigue) as forging a claim requires at least 3 backers, and the Duchess of Aquitaine only has 2 vassals at this point. So basically, me holding all provinces of the duchy of Aquitaine except 1 prevents me from becoming the duke of Aquitaine. Also, I currently can't even force independence through a faction (even though I have like 22000% strength) because the duchess is in my dungeon after a Rivalry war and because we have a truce, I can't enforce the faction demands. Basically, I hold all the cards that would logically make taking over the duchy of Aquitaine the easiest thing in the world, but the mechanics prevent me from doing so.

Edit: Quite amusingly, my character and the current Pope's mutual love of poetry actually solved my problem, as the +20 relation modifier for both having the Poet trait sent the Pope's opinion of me to 100, allowing me to finally claim the Duchy title  :D

Edit 2: So, on a whim I decided to appoint a somewhat unusual successor to a Bishopric with my previous ruler, and hilarity ensues... My first Cardinal as the Duchy of Aquitaine is a Mandé eunuch.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 08:59:13 pm by Sartain »

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9456 on: January 14, 2016, 10:09:51 pm »

So I grabbed old gods and charlemagne over the winter sale, and in a throwback to my old CK1 days, I went with an early favorite and attempted to take over and form Sweden. I'm still on my first generation in ~785 but I feel good about my position, already have the kingdom title created and I've started encroaching into tribal finland. Only one of my vassals is significantly powerful and that has no heir and little chance of gaining one so his titles should pass back into my family when he dies. As he got older, did a bit of cleaning house, clearing out the "subjugation" vassals, and despite a period of high tyranny, about half my vassals still love me unconditionally, the other half control only poor, low troop count tribal counties.

Things could turn a bit nasty at succession time, lots of sons to split things up between, but given the main heir will have a nice solid king title to unite them all under and my first couple of kids have turned out pretty well, should be relatively clean.

Finally feeling good about a start. Hopefully this plays out well.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9457 on: January 18, 2016, 12:00:36 pm »

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9458 on: January 18, 2016, 01:07:29 pm »

Noble: "Yes, I'm here to kiss the Pope's ring?"

Pope: "Which one?"

Noble: "... Innocent II?"

Pope: "Ah, you'll want my left hand then... here."

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9459 on: January 18, 2016, 04:07:58 pm »

Maybe he wears a fake mustache when he's the anti-pope?

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9460 on: January 19, 2016, 09:20:36 am »

My English kingdom has eaten the welsh and has begun an invasion of Ireland.

Meanwhile, both the Hospitalliers and Knights Templar are currently GrandMastered by a member of my dynasty.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9461 on: January 19, 2016, 12:17:29 pm »

that always happens to me though

like every time an antipope is set up it says the person who was set up as antipope was pope beforehand, even when I know it's not true because the pope was my liege pope or w/e

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9462 on: January 19, 2016, 01:35:08 pm »

It's probably because the report message reads the bishops title (and name) to tell you who he is, but by then he has already become anti-pope so his title returns as "pope".
Love, scriver~

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9463 on: January 19, 2016, 04:30:02 pm »

It's probably because the report message reads the bishops title (and name) to tell you who he is, but by then he has already become anti-pope so his title returns as "pope".
I think any title changes are also applied retroactively, so yeah. If a king loses his kingdom to a faction/usurper and you go into the history of the title, he won't be listed as "king name", just "name" (assuming no other titles).
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #9464 on: January 19, 2016, 07:40:36 pm »

Ok, sounds like we need science then!
Someone try and make the Pope his own Antipope :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 629 630 [631] 632 633 ... 1002