Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 633 634 [635] 636 637 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 1990278 times)

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #9510 on: February 03, 2016, 05:09:54 pm »

Clarifying Coalitions.
3. No, the Pope won't defend the Abbasids if you decide to Holy War them. Even if the Abbasids and the Pope is in the same coalition against you, they won't necessarily join wars declared on each other. CB's marked as 'Holy' will not incur the wrath of your coreligionists, this most notably applies to the common 'Holy War' CB.
I suppose this is why there is the new "declare war" screen that didn't make any sense to me.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9511 on: February 03, 2016, 05:55:22 pm »

Clarifying Coalitions.
I don't think the problem with the coalitions is that people don't understand them. I also don't see what good they thought to accomplish by explaining that it's not too hard to game the system and reduce the impact of a new feature, and how they thought that makes it a good feature. I also don't see why "the Pope won't defend the Abbasids from a Christian seizing Antioch unless he uses a secular CB" is in any way, shape, or form, an endorsement of the mechanic.

Paradox has one-upped the Fine Bros on ineffective PR management.

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9512 on: February 04, 2016, 12:11:54 pm »

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9513 on: February 05, 2016, 10:57:21 am »

I like how with all the anger over coalitions and infamy, hardly anyone notices that Paradox fundamentally broke succession.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9514 on: February 05, 2016, 12:05:41 pm »

How do you mean? I've only been playing as Muslims lately so I haven't had any problems with inheritance.
Love, scriver~

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9515 on: February 05, 2016, 12:27:34 pm »

I think someone said that inheriting from both parents is broken, somehow.

Friend of mine has been complaining a lot about the shattered retreats.  I thought it didn't sound so bad (more an issue that nobles *really* doesn't know when to surrender a hopeless war in hope of mercy).  But I guess they run straight through any armies you put in the way?  That sucks.  And he indicated that, even in the final destination county, they can't be engaged until full morale.

Seems a bit much, though I haven't played recently.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9516 on: February 05, 2016, 12:36:14 pm »

How do you mean? I've only been playing as Muslims lately so I haven't had any problems with inheritance.

Basically the game no longer accepts that a character can be the heir of two different people simultaneously. So for example I was playing a female duchess. I had 5 kids, by different fathers (because of course) but were all legitimate children. My current husband is the emperor, and his son with me is his eldest son, but is my youngest son. (Matrilineal marriage, so all my children are of my dynasty. I married him before he was emperor).

The empire has Agnatic Primogeniture. Thus, my youngest son is the heir to the emperor title. So I switched to Ultimogeniture, which should make my youngest son the heir to my duchy. But it didn't - it made my 2nd youngest son my heir. And then, later, my youngest daughter became my heir, because my 2nd youngest son became the heir to some grandfather's county in Greece. But then some other branch of that grandfather's line had another child that took priority, and my son became my heir again.

(I also have a third son who I sent off as a mercenary, and due to an unrelated/possibly related? bug, he is barred from inheriting anything, even under gavelkind.)

(So yeah, this mostly would not affect Muslims, because the situation is more prevalent when two people who BOTH hold titles are married, since it creates far more situations where someone should be the heir of two people or more.)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9517 on: February 05, 2016, 12:49:17 pm »

I like how with all the anger over coalitions and infamy, hardly anyone notices that Paradox fundamentally broke succession.
Because it's a bug, which they acknowledged as a bug, and plan to fix. It's a lot easier to get mad about terrible game features - things that are working as designed, and "as designed" is bad - than to get mad about a mistake that's getting fixed.

If you want something else to be upset about, get annoyed at how feature-light the new education is, and how, since it's DLC content, it isn't going to get anything more.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9518 on: February 05, 2016, 01:05:34 pm »

If you want something else to be upset about, get annoyed at how feature-light the new education is, and how, since it's DLC content, it isn't going to get anything more.

True. I see far fewer events relating to education now, instead of the ~biyearly events I would see before.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9519 on: February 05, 2016, 01:08:47 pm »

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616235384

Haven't had a chance to try it yet, but this mod made me squee.  :D
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9520 on: February 05, 2016, 03:31:19 pm »

It's a cute addition. If you like that, you might also like Mythos, which is a general fantasy mod that was popular a few years ago then died but is now active again.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9521 on: February 05, 2016, 05:07:22 pm »

It's a cute addition. If you like that, you might also like Mythos, which is a general fantasy mod that was popular a few years ago then died but is now active again.

I used to use Mythos, but uninstalled it when I was having some compatibility issues and forgot it's name. Thanks.  :D

I generally favour the little fantasy mods that add supernatural elements to the existing faiths and cultures. Miracles and magic rituals to pagan gods and stuff like that. I'm honestly disappointed at how few fantasy mods try to simply add little nods to the existing gods rather than inserting elves and trolls and such.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9522 on: February 05, 2016, 05:27:27 pm »

I used to use Mythos, but uninstalled it when I was having some compatibility issues and forgot it's name. Thanks.  :D

I generally favour the little fantasy mods that add supernatural elements to the existing faiths and cultures. Miracles and magic rituals to pagan gods and stuff like that. I'm honestly disappointed at how few fantasy mods try to simply add little nods to the existing gods rather than inserting elves and trolls and such.

I like the mechanics of that linked mod.  Plus, I can have children before changing then predict when I'm going to die.  Perfect.

Yeah Grim Portent, seems too many people think Fantasy = Elves.  Stupid pointy eared pricks.

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9523 on: February 05, 2016, 07:14:05 pm »

I don't know how to mod CKII, but I would love an LOTR mod. That would be pretty awesome.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9524 on: February 05, 2016, 07:24:58 pm »

"Wow I love shattered retreats, they add to the gameplay experience"

Has anybody ever said this?
Pages: 1 ... 633 634 [635] 636 637 ... 1002