Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 635 636 [637] 638 639 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2011422 times)

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #9540 on: February 08, 2016, 11:13:05 am »

Any tips on gaining wealth? I've got about 60 and am gaining about 1 a month. I'm playing Mumu, 1066 start (it's now 1070 or thereabouts), and have conquered Deasmhumhain to complete the duchy.
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9541 on: February 08, 2016, 11:20:00 am »

One good thing about the Conclave update is that you can now play as a horse and conquer the Roman Empire for all horsekind.

This is incredible.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9542 on: February 08, 2016, 11:23:43 am »

Any tips on gaining wealth? I've got about 60 and am gaining about 1 a month. I'm playing Mumu, 1066 start (it's now 1070 or thereabouts), and have conquered Deasmhumhain to complete the duchy.
If you are still tribal get boats and loot the Mediterranean.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9543 on: February 08, 2016, 11:28:00 am »

One good thing about the Conclave update is that you can now play as a horse and conquer the Roman Empire for all horsekind.

"A new great horse has risen"
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9545 on: February 08, 2016, 01:30:41 pm »

If you are still tribal get boats and loot the Mediterranean.

Good raiding targets are Venice, Rome and Constantinople. Though the latter does require a big enough raidstack to ward off Byzantine vengeance from crushing it. Venice and Rome are worth about 300-500 gold each once fully looted, Constantinople is worth 700+. Venice is my personal favorite to raid since they don't defend themselves from it at all.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9546 on: February 08, 2016, 01:41:56 pm »

Good raiding targets are Venice, Rome and Constantinople. Though the latter does require a big enough raidstack to ward off Byzantine vengeance from crushing it. Venice and Rome are worth about 300-500 gold each once fully looted, Constantinople is worth 700+. Venice is my personal favorite to raid since they don't defend themselves from it at all.
The island in there is also really good. Mostly because you'll see reinforcements coming from a long way away and if you can occupy all of it you can safely take it down to the fort protected stuff.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #9547 on: February 08, 2016, 04:55:31 pm »

Unfortunately I'm feudal -- started that way. But thanks for the advice anyway, I'll keep it in mind.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9548 on: February 08, 2016, 05:13:35 pm »

Waiting for Bear Invasion DLC like
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9549 on: February 08, 2016, 05:32:03 pm »

Unfortunately I'm feudal -- started that way. But thanks for the advice anyway, I'll keep it in mind.
What culture/religion are you? Some can raid. Pagan rulers can raid regardless of government. Norse and most nomadic cultures can always raid.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9550 on: February 08, 2016, 05:46:44 pm »

Bear Invasion? What do you mean? Do bears invade from Russia after you deal with the Aztec doomstack?

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9551 on: February 08, 2016, 05:55:04 pm »

Bear Invasion? What do you mean? Do bears invade from Russia after you deal with the Aztec doomstack?

Secret bears

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #9552 on: February 08, 2016, 06:30:26 pm »

What culture/religion are you? Some can raid. Pagan rulers can raid regardless of government. Norse and most nomadic cultures can always raid.

Irish Catholic. Again, started that way - it's my first game so I thought I'd go with something more standard to learn the ropes.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9553 on: February 08, 2016, 07:02:35 pm »

Irish Catholic. Again, started that way - it's my first game so I thought I'd go with something more standard to learn the ropes.
Wait. While doing so, your levies should not be raised, as they cost maintenance. If you're just starting you probably don't have any retinues, but look at what they're costing you if you do, and halve their rate of replenishment if you're in the red. You can increase your income by building or upgrading certain buildings in your holdings (click the castle that comes up in the topmost slot when you click your province, mouse over buildings and the tooltip will tell you effects), by getting more vassals to pay tax to you, or by raising taxes.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9554 on: February 08, 2016, 07:03:23 pm »

Secret bears

I wonder if this has to do with that D&D story, where a player was literally a bear with really high disguise and bluff skills who posed as a human gentleman
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 635 636 [637] 638 639 ... 1002