Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 1990481 times)

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
Re: Crusader Kings 2 announced!
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2010, 02:26:02 am »

ok i need help. I managed to siege a Moorish province and my flaggy thing was there but they were still in control and I never seemed to get possession of the thing. What do i need to do to take it over?
Peace.
Assuming you have DV you still need to make peace with the muslims/pagans in order to gain ownership of territories and not just control

ok this didnt work. i won the siege, planted that flag and then sued for peace. i simply lost my hold on the province and the filthy infidels still control it.
I got nothing

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2010, 03:03:16 am »

you need to claim the province when you make peace.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2010, 03:10:55 am »

so what non-descript pixels do i click to do that? In the context menu of the ruler of the province i am trying to take, i can sue for peace or send assassin. No claim territory there.

why isnt there a wiki or manual? gah!

thanks for helping me guys.
I got nothing

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2010, 04:04:13 am »

sue for peace, then in the peace screen click on the button which makes a reference t the province you are controlling

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2010, 05:18:18 am »

I think your problem was that, since DV, you need a claim on a province to take it in a peace deal. Unless they fixed it so that you could take whatever you want from infidels like you should be able to.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2010, 05:27:20 am »

The game provides you with tooltips for almost everything.
Anyway:
http://rapidshare.com/files/414396024/Crusader_Kings_Manual.pdf
Bear in mind that it's not 100% accurate with regards to Deus Vult expansion.

I think your problem was that, since DV, you need a claim on a province to take it in a peace deal. Unless they fixed it so that you could take whatever you want from infidels like you should be able to.
I'm pretty certain you don't need claims on infidels and pagans. You still need to demand handing over the province's control when suing for peace.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 06:28:36 am by Il Palazzo »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2010, 05:52:53 am »

yes, but it is worded as " press claim" i think.
probably thought your answer was to Rakonas

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2010, 06:28:06 am »

Oh, shit. Right. Wrong quote.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2010, 11:19:26 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

When suing for peace you should see something like that on the left, by clicking on the boxes you can cycle through what you demand from the enemy. Green means you gain from that demand red means you lose out from it and grey is neutral. So if I wanted to demand the province I've captured I would click the box with the rulers head and the flag of that county on it until it was green and said I get control of it. I could change the box which currently says "..." to say either I swear allegiance to them or they swear allegiance to me too depending on who has the higher title. Finally the slider at the bottom can be adjusted to make one side pay the other tribute. You can't however pay more gold than you have and since most wars send both sides into debt that will be used rarely.

So here's me demanding everything I can out of him:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2010, 12:14:51 pm »

Nah, in the original when you took control of a pagan province you also instantly gained ownership. DV changed it so you had to sue for peace.
No claims were or are neccessary.

Where did you get the game from? I have both a paper manual and a digital manual (from original game and DV respectively)...

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2010, 12:01:04 am »

CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2010, 01:55:03 pm »

Hopefully it won't end up like Deus Ex 2.

There was no Deus Ex 2, what are you talking about?

Interesting.  The original seems cool (Still waffling on getting it), so I'll look back into this when the release is imminent.  Following games long before release has pretty much always lead to disappointment.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2010, 07:45:28 pm »

Hopefully it won't end up like Deus Ex 2.
There was no Deus Ex 2, what are you talking about?

Yeah. And it's too bad they never made a sequel to The Matrix. That was a good movie...

Anyway, Toaster, get it. It's a lot more open ended, role-playish, than the other Paradox Strategy titles. It's also horribly broken because it was made by a third party developer in Russia that couldn't handle it, and Paradox kind of scraped the mess together into a semi-playable game that still ends up being awesome. The game, with the Deus Vult expansion, and the Deus Vult Improvement Project mod makes it very much a worthwhile investment.
!!&!!

Seamas

• Bay Watcher
  • Which way to the Egress?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2010, 01:03:36 am »

Definitely get it.  It'll surprise you, which a lot of games don't these days.  As mentioned above - it's a beautiful scraped-together accident worthy of a sequel.  Hurrah!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 01:17:19 am by Seamas »
"One should behave like a gentleman when dealing with gentlemen, and a bastard when dealing with bastards."

Brons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2010, 03:53:08 am »

CKI + DV was the best worst game ever. I'm really looking forward to the sequel.

I haven't been following the development but are they building a new engine or something? Normally they're cranking out new games in a brisk pace, this one takes quite a lot longer.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 1002