Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2008208 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #5280 on: April 20, 2014, 11:35:45 am »

I've been slowly playing this again, a few years at a time. I started as vikings, and aim to eventually conquer Indian riches.

My first son was born with a birth defect (Only clubfooted, but still annoying), so I defenestrated him at the first opportunity. He lived, but was maimed. When he turned 16, he had low intrigue, so I sent him out to steal techs from Constantinople for a few years. Once I got bored of trying to kill him off that way, I sent him out raiding from Denmark with tiny vassal bands 20-30 times. The constant losses only turned him into a genius warrior. He now sits at 20 martial, 12 stewardship, and low other stats. I guess he can live, although I slightly regret having set up his 23 diplomacy brother to have enough lands conquer the Finnish kingdom.
Simple, revoke all the other guys titles and give them to slightly meh heir. If you want, you can also tyrannize EVERYONE till they assassinate you, that way your new heir will have lots of titles and the hilarious amounts of gold you got from imprisoning/banishing all the people who would presumably hate your heir.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5281 on: April 20, 2014, 11:40:42 am »

You ninjaed my edit. Cripple-warrior heir dropped dead. Long live the heir! Now for random acts of tyranny.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #5282 on: April 20, 2014, 12:29:25 pm »

I reformed faith (slavic) and formed empire (russia) for the first time. Now I'm happy but exhausted, hah. Thanks for all the help I've gotten from this thread!
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5283 on: April 21, 2014, 01:33:58 am »

I'm about to lose I think. I was a High Chief of Lesser Poland and married a High Chieftess fairly deep into Russia. She was was Slavic or Norse and ruled a Catholic Duchy. Somehow she became my rival and stopped having babies after birthing three daughters, which I thought was interesting. I managed to bribe her back into positive relations after a few years of being worried about having a male heir. For whatever reason all the children stayed in her court and she married the three daughters normally instead of Matrilineally. Finally a male heir was born just before she hit menopause and I went back to three concubines.

Since all the children were raised in her court, my heir remained of Polish culture somehow but Catholic religion while all my vassals and courtiers are Pagans. My heir inherited from the Duchess first, and then promptly lost all his holdings in a quick war thereby negating my inheritance scheme. After my heir inherited Lesser Poland as well he didn't last long before making a small mistake that set off rebellions and I think maybe even an adventurer party too.

Despite myself never obtaining more than one Duchy and the ability to form another, my dynasty has close to 150 living members at about year 1100 if I remember correctly without checking, all descended from one guy. Some of those ungrateful dynastics are the ones revolting against me. They must be mad about me marrying their forebears to peasants I recruited off the street for 5 piety coins and essentially ruining the dynasty's overall prestige because I couldn't be bothered to look through pages and pages of various unsorted levels of nobility to find one of appropriate rank for them to marry.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 01:35:32 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5284 on: April 21, 2014, 02:50:35 am »

Dynasty members don't get mad if you marry out of rank. However, your dynasty members will be the #1 source of revolts against you, especially if you land them. After all, all of them get claims on your holdings.

The lesson is: extended family is for prostitution, not for holding land.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5285 on: April 21, 2014, 03:32:30 am »

They only get claims if they're close members, so that distant cousin is a perfect title holder (you get a bonus for same-dynasty member). However, never ever convert a save where you landed tons of dynasty members to EU IV. It'll end up in a mess of PU.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5286 on: April 21, 2014, 02:40:43 pm »

I just downloaded the update and for some reason all my DLC isn't working. Anyone know how to fix?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5287 on: April 21, 2014, 02:45:36 pm »

I just downloaded the update and for some reason all my DLC isn't working. Anyone know how to fix?

In steam right click the game and go to properties. In the properties menus go to the local files and click on verify integrity of game cache. Not sure if it will work but it's always a good thing to check if one of your steam games isn't working.

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
CK2 DFC GAME
« Reply #5288 on: April 22, 2014, 03:22:43 pm »

Hello There,

Been talking a bit about attempting a large-scale CK2 DFC Public Game this Fri/Sat, was wondering if there was any interest, and if so, which day/times people would be more available/interested.

Think the requirements to make it actually work given, well.. poor quality netcode/timezones/distances would be:

1.) Must be able to play with at-least 2 Speed, those who cannot manage such would be dropped/kicked.
2.) If you desync, we will continue without you!
3.) Re-connect/re-hosting every hour or so, where people can join the in-progress game, or re-join at such times.
4.) Hosts would be required to have all [expansion] DLC's on [Well, not sure about Aztec-Invasion, if anyone strongly wants/doesn't want that one, and expresses that here, thats optional]
5.) Pausing kept to a absolute minimum.

Time wise, i would be available from about Noon EST Friday, pretty much all weekend.

We have a couple people with decent-ish connections, in that we have successfully played multi-player before together [and have all the dlcs], however if anyone has ridiculously good connection that would certainly be helpful.

If you didn't know: In Multi-player CK2, only the host needs the DLCs, anyone with the base game with no/some dlcs can join and get all the features as if they had all the dlcs (excluding song/graphics which are client-side)

Overall, i was however thinking of more of a all day(s) event. Possibly trying to go from start[old gods] to finish in a couple days, with multiple hosts. Sort of like a marathon with people joining every hour and playing until they dc/leave.

Main form of (out of game) communication for the event will likely be the DFC steam chat and Kael's Semi-official DFC teamspeak (kaelserver.duckdns.org).

If there's enough interest, may split this into its own thread.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 04:45:50 pm by Rift »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #5289 on: April 22, 2014, 06:48:45 pm »

The lesson is: extended family is for prostitution, not for holding land.

Throwin this in my sig

7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5290 on: April 23, 2014, 09:11:57 pm »

So just started a game It's been 16 years reformed the Norse, conquered large chunks of Germany and Sweden, Between my two different wives and three concubines I have had nine daughters and I'm guessing about four more by the end of the current year with my luck. This is going to end bad.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Whitefoxsniper

• Bay Watcher
  • something meaningful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5291 on: April 24, 2014, 02:58:19 pm »

PTW

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5292 on: April 24, 2014, 03:01:06 pm »

So just started a game It's been 16 years reformed the Norse, conquered large chunks of Germany and Sweden, Between my two different wives and three concubines I have had nine daughters and I'm guessing about four more by the end of the current year with my luck. This is going to end bad.
Nah, a daughter's inheritance is OK as long as you have a decent diplomacy score, especially since you're reformed, are (I would hope) no longer locked in gavelkind, and thus don't have to worry about splitting your inheritance 13 ways.  Now, if your genius and sole heir starts head-spinning and speaking in dark tongues while members of your court mysteriously start to drop dead, then you might have a bit of an issue... :P

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5293 on: April 24, 2014, 03:19:26 pm »

Nah, a daughter's inheritance is OK as long as you have a decent diplomacy score, especially since you're reformed, are (I would hope) no longer locked in gavelkind, and thus don't have to worry about splitting your inheritance 13 ways.  Now, if your genius and sole heir starts head-spinning and speaking in dark tongues while members of your court mysteriously start to drop dead, then you might have a bit of an issue... :P
Under gavelkind, Daughters don't inherit if any sons survive (you don't have Absolute Cognatic, I'm sure), and if no children are alive then you default the primogeniture.  Overall, just make sure your heir has good intrigue...

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5294 on: April 24, 2014, 03:24:10 pm »

Under gavelkind, Daughters don't inherit if any sons survive (you don't have Absolute Cognatic, I'm sure), and if no children are alive then you default the primogeniture.  Overall, just make sure your heir has good intrigue...
Ah, he didn't mention having any sons, and I could have sworn that under gavelkind, if you have multiple daughters and no sons, it still splits up your inheritance between the daughters.  Did I get that wrong? 
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 1002