Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 1990558 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #6750 on: January 03, 2015, 03:01:59 pm »

I think it's a pretty cheaty DLC but I can't imagine playing the game without it any more. I mean, I personally love all the extra fluff and roleplaying stuff but it depends on whether you like that sort of thing. Even ignoring the obvious (but very fun) things like seducing the wives of every king in the world, some of the way of life things are actually quite difficult to complete.

I bought it day 1 at $9. If I'm being honest I'd say it's probably worth about >$5 to the regular player though like I said, I can't imagine playing the game without it any more.

It's like the customization pack DLC. For me, being able to rename everything I want as Penis is worth more than the world.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6751 on: January 03, 2015, 04:51:25 pm »

Sounds good, I'll look up to buying it, then.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6752 on: January 03, 2015, 07:51:51 pm »

I am just sad that there is no succession by choice, as in the ruler points at one of his kiddos and says "Kiddo, after I kick the bucket, you take the lead". It would prolly give strong claims to every child, and make them dislike you.

Buddhist have that :D

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6753 on: January 03, 2015, 07:55:42 pm »

I am just sad that there is no succession by choice, as in the ruler points at one of his kiddos and says "Kiddo, after I kick the bucket, you take the lead". It would prolly give strong claims to every child, and make them dislike you.

Buddhist have that :D

And Republics. That is literally how it works. If you don't choose any, it defaults to Seniority, but otherwise, you pick the heir.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6754 on: January 03, 2015, 09:06:17 pm »

Wtf? The Byzantine emperor just arrested a ton of people, including me, and blinded them all! Even his wife!

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6755 on: January 03, 2015, 09:17:07 pm »

lol wicked streak?

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6756 on: January 03, 2015, 09:45:47 pm »

In the land of the blind, the one eyed Basileus is emperor.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #6757 on: January 03, 2015, 09:58:28 pm »

Looks like the not me parts of my game have gotten weird. For reference, playing as Lombardia, and I managed to form Italia, but seems the interesting things are happening abroad. Not pictured is that time Lithuania inherited Sweden.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also not pictured, the last pope that managed to get elected had a seduction focus. His nine year old illegitimate daughter spawned a claim on the papacy, making her the anti-pope. Fuck my life. At least I instituted a hat tax on the papacy.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6758 on: January 03, 2015, 10:27:38 pm »

So in my current game, since I haven't played a while, I started on noobie island at the 7XX start and am about to form the empire of brittania... but I don't know where to go from there. I don't have high enough tech to take over pagan lands due to that infernal supply limit, and somehow the Karlings took over literally everything from spain to the edge of Russia, italy included. They are absolutely massive, and even after assassinating their leader a few times, like 4 different leaders killed with my king that's getting on in years, they are still stable. How do I even start to break them apart? I can't really expand anywhere.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #6759 on: January 03, 2015, 10:40:22 pm »

Wow Chaoticag, that looks like an EPIC game.
I also saw a supergenius spawn in one of my recent games. I had roughly the same response as you.
Also, since I'm already talking to you, been meaning to ask if you played Legend of Mana as well, what with your avatar and all :P

@Mono: You must expand your assassination portfolio. Kill ALL the Karlings.
Make it your entire mission for the rest of the game.

Alternatively, get in good with the leader and educate the heir to everything. Give said heir every horribad trait possible and wait for the succession wars to begin.
Then make a sweep into France while everyone is busy.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6760 on: January 03, 2015, 10:48:10 pm »

So in my current game, since I haven't played a while, I started on noobie island at the 7XX start and am about to form the empire of brittania... but I don't know where to go from there. I don't have high enough tech to take over pagan lands due to that infernal supply limit, and somehow the Karlings took over literally everything from spain to the edge of Russia, italy included. They are absolutely massive, and even after assassinating their leader a few times, like 4 different leaders killed with my king that's getting on in years, they are still stable. How do I even start to break them apart? I can't really expand anywhere.
Welcome to Karlingland.

There's a reason everyone hates them hahaha.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #6761 on: January 03, 2015, 10:58:44 pm »

Wow Chaoticag, that looks like an EPIC game.
I also saw a supergenius spawn in one of my recent games. I had roughly the same response as you.
Also, since I'm already talking to you, been meaning to ask if you played Legend of Mana as well, what with your avatar and all :P
I did! Loved the pirates. I got it on my vita as well. Need to get back to it, but missing some buttons makes special attacks and magic feel a bit weird. Still doable.

But yeah. Game has been fun so far, and intersting, which is good. It's been my first Ironman in a long time now. Lombardy is silly powerful if you can make the transition, and I've been a hell of an economic power. Especially early on when everyone wanted to institute elective succession, and I just regularly beat their asses, and ransomed them back, and built a castle ad nausem. Now I make 50 gold a month, though county fabrications cost me 500 gold. Aiming for miltech 4 as soon as possible, and I'll be Holy Warring my new empire.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6762 on: January 03, 2015, 11:30:53 pm »

The Ummayid empire pushed and took 80% of spain and somehow the Lombards ended up breaking away from the Karlings so I might be able to do something...
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6763 on: January 03, 2015, 11:56:41 pm »

I know. But it's still a pain having to go through electives completely random votes or primogenitures weak imbecile heirs.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6764 on: January 04, 2015, 01:33:15 am »

I need a quick way to get my character killed without my vassals rebelling, suggestions?

As for why I need her dead: a while ago she started hearing Jesus in her head, and he told her to become a heretic. Now the heresy is spreading through my vassals and I'm afraid it will take root and become a giant pain in the ass. I can't just force her to convert because she is zealous. She's "old" (almost 50, which is older than any previous ruler) but healthy so I don't want to risk just waiting.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 1002