Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 473 474 [475] 476 477 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2010471 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #7110 on: January 31, 2015, 03:03:57 am »

Uhh... This game uses the graphics card?

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #7111 on: January 31, 2015, 05:47:05 am »

Like, a really shitty one. I ran this on an integrated Intel HD on one of the school computers as a test. It lagged plenty, but it was playable.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7112 on: January 31, 2015, 07:07:15 am »

Like, a really shitty one. I ran this on an integrated Intel HD on one of the school computers as a test. It lagged plenty, but it was playable.

I *accidentally* ran it on an integrated card since my laptop has both an integrated card and a proper graphics card and it used to try to use the former to save power. It worked for me, too, albeit laggy.

And CK2 can be a bit weird with DLC; I've spent like two hours verifying and redownloading the game with DLC to make it detect them properly only to find out what I SHOULD have done was simply restart Steam.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7113 on: January 31, 2015, 07:31:29 am »

And CK2 can be a bit weird with DLC; I've spent like two hours verifying and redownloading the game with DLC to make it detect them properly only to find out what I SHOULD have done was simply restart Steam.
Yeah, apparently each game update wipes the file that says which DLC you have so after updating you need to always play CK2 once in online mode to have any DLC.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #7114 on: January 31, 2015, 11:06:03 am »

I *accidentally* ran it on an integrated card since my laptop has both an integrated card and a proper graphics card and it used to try to use the former to save power. It worked for me, too, albeit laggy.

Do you, by any chance, have a dv6 Pavilion? I might've spelled that wrong; I had it for over 3 years and it had the same settings as the ones you described. Overheated like hell though.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7115 on: January 31, 2015, 01:11:33 pm »

Do you, by any chance, have a dv6 Pavilion? I might've spelled that wrong; I had it for over 3 years and it had the same settings as the ones you described. Overheated like hell though.

Nah, it's an ASUS. I've known about its tendency to do that, too, so I immediately knew it's happening. It got even weirder when I was trying to play the first Mafia - I've had the weirdest artifacts showing up, which I suspected were caused by graphics mods or file corruption or whatever, but were actually due to it not working with an integrated card - and since the game had so low requirements, it defaulted to that.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7116 on: January 31, 2015, 01:17:33 pm »

Anybody know how to obtain (and thus avoid) kinslayer? Is it if I kill anyone of my dynasty, or just a Brother / Father / Uncle ?
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7117 on: January 31, 2015, 01:26:00 pm »

I am pretty sure it is if you kill anyone of your dynasty...may be wrong.

If you are christian I believe you can ask for penance from the pope (usually costs a few hundred) to remove it

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7118 on: January 31, 2015, 02:13:09 pm »

If you are christian I believe you can ask for penance from the pope (usually costs a few hundred) to remove it

As far as I know you get it for killing anyone of your Dynasty and the option to remove it is offered by the Pope but not something you can trigger yourself.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #7119 on: January 31, 2015, 02:54:26 pm »

Just fixed it and I am now playing as Almalfi with the new way of life DLC.

What i did was deleted the content, delete the documents/files in my px that had CK two, and then re-downloaded it.

Make sure to delete everything from the computer that has Crusader kings 2 from the PC for this to work!

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7120 on: January 31, 2015, 02:57:28 pm »

As far as I know you get it for killing anyone of your Dynasty and the option to remove it is offered by the Pope but not something you can trigger yourself.

Anyone of your dynasty? Really?  :-\

I believe the Pope may offer you the chance to lose it if you ask him for indulgences, but as I'm a Jew that's not going to happen. JEWISH WALES STRONK!
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7121 on: January 31, 2015, 03:05:49 pm »

One thing that weirds me out: I downloaded the After the End mod, played it a bit, then went to play other mods and vanilla ironman for achievegets.

The only problem is that I still see the Americanist powdered wigs on a subset of the characters.

I don't know what other things bled over into the base game, but that's the only one I saw because it was just so obvious.

What the hell?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7122 on: January 31, 2015, 03:14:58 pm »

One thing that weirds me out: I downloaded the After the End mod, played it a bit, then went to play other mods and vanilla ironman for achievegets.

The only problem is that I still see the Americanist powdered wigs on a subset of the characters.

I don't know what other things bled over into the base game, but that's the only one I saw because it was just so obvious.

What the hell?
Verify the cache? Must be some problem with leftover data. Did you just exit the mod and go straight for the base game?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7123 on: January 31, 2015, 03:36:55 pm »

Nope, I've deleted the mod folder, verified the cache, and updated CK2 to the latest patch since then. It's been a few weeks.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7124 on: January 31, 2015, 03:40:59 pm »

Nope, I've deleted the mod folder, verified the cache, and updated CK2 to the latest patch since then. It's been a few weeks.

There must be some data left over. Perhaps the mod inserts some stuff in the vanilla resources for some dumb reason? Try deleting just the graphics and verifying, it will redownload just them.
Pages: 1 ... 473 474 [475] 476 477 ... 1002