Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 492 493 [494] 495 496 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2010374 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #7395 on: February 21, 2015, 11:32:35 pm »

The abbasids in my mini campaign not only blobed the entirety of CKII, but continued to do so until 1745 . Attempts to remove kebab by the brits and BYZANTIUM were futile until that point in time, and that was only because they had conquered Africa. ALL OF AFRICA.

I think at that point they were thinking of Victoria.  Too bad the converter doesn't work on CKII countries.  Haha, caliph Abbasid. You've failed.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7396 on: February 22, 2015, 06:05:25 am »

The Caliphate.

They're the Karlings of the Middle East, except unlike the Karlings it refuses to fall apart. Every time you declare war on any Sunni Muslim lords in the area big bro Caliphate is going to come "yo dude, you picking on mah little brother here? How bout you pick on my 80,000 troops bitch."
Don't forget that if you leave the Muslim lords alone for too long then they will likely at some point swear fealty or be subjugated by the Caliph as well, resulting in 80,000 + 3,000 troops moving right next to their new border with your country. With inevitable results. The Abbasid blob grows bigger.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7397 on: February 22, 2015, 11:15:09 am »

I think my new purpose in this game is cause as much chaos in the middle east and see  what happens.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7398 on: February 22, 2015, 11:22:03 am »

Playing in Armenia now. Anyone got experience with playing in the region? Biggish Georgia above me, Byzantines on one side and muslimbros all around. A bit scary, but I think it's possible to devour the small muslim states, inherit/claim Georgia and then god knows what?
In the meantime I'm having fun sending my chaplains on tour to pagan lands.  I even had one who decided to convert instead of throwing my dude into the dungeons!

I think my new purpose in this game is cause as much chaos in the middle east and see  what happens.
Sounds like a noble goal.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7399 on: February 22, 2015, 11:42:05 am »

I beat the king of Sweden in holmgång and inherited the kingdom. Very poor chance of success. I did not expect to win that. :D

Murdering his heirs was so worth it.

Beware of the scarred, lunatic and pox-ridden Viking, ye mighty and despair. Forsooth, he is thy new king.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7400 on: February 22, 2015, 03:17:10 pm »

I found out how to fairly reliably break the Umayyad/Abbasid blobs with commands.

Kill off the Umayyads so the Abbasids inherit it, take control of the Abbasids, grant independence to as many vassals as possible, and destroy every title you can. Give yourself enough prestige to do so. Then if you're feeling like kicking them while they're down, give them a massive amount of negative prestige, piety and gold, then ramp their decadence up to max to trigger invasions and revolts galore.
Might just as well use the Shattered World mod then.

bQt31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7401 on: February 22, 2015, 03:47:38 pm »

Playing in Armenia now. Anyone got experience with playing in the region? Biggish Georgia above me, Byzantines on one side and muslimbros all around. A bit scary, but I think it's possible to devour the small muslim states, inherit/claim Georgia and then god knows what?
In the meantime I'm having fun sending my chaplains on tour to pagan lands.  I even had one who decided to convert instead of throwing my dude into the dungeons!

Sounds like a noble goal.

Good luck, I've played with the jewish khazar, the byzantine empire and some random muslim near them. Not the more peaceful corner of the game for sure...

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7402 on: February 22, 2015, 10:04:03 pm »

I don't get why everyone has such a huge problem with abbassids/ummayyads. Sometimes they collapse, sometimes they persist, sometimes they expand. Nobody ever complains that the Welsh never get conquered or anything, and it's not like CK1 where the muslims always invaded Ireland. Cheating to make them less of a threat isn't really justified.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7403 on: February 23, 2015, 12:36:24 am »

Oooh I like the sounds of that...Shattered world is great but the fact that it doesn't change religions makes it sort of wonky

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7404 on: February 23, 2015, 01:15:52 am »

If you're going to use acronyms, could I recommend that you spell them out so people don't have to guess?

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7405 on: February 23, 2015, 03:17:09 am »

Breaking up the blobs is kind of important for a balanced megacampaign - that's why I want to do it.
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7406 on: February 23, 2015, 03:38:45 pm »

I need to get back into this game, but it just takes so much mental energy...
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7407 on: February 23, 2015, 03:52:13 pm »

Sometimes I make a choice on a decision then suddenly wonder what the decision was.  I think I've made some semirandom choices on decisions which I assumed were something they weren't.

Probably helps that I tend to run at 2 or 3 speed, while watching movies or posting to forums.  The multitasking actually helps me feel like a ruler.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7408 on: February 23, 2015, 03:55:27 pm »

I have it to a point where I need so little mental energy I choose this game when i can't focus well or am tired...and I still curb stomp things. But then again I also have almost 500 hours logged on it...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7409 on: February 23, 2015, 04:19:46 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pages: 1 ... 492 493 [494] 495 496 ... 1002