Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 494 495 [496] 497 498 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2010649 times)

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #7425 on: February 26, 2015, 08:05:06 pm »

In my experience, having an exceptionally high rating is enough.  But it probably helps if your liege likes you.  It's a bit rare for me, but there are a few unique messages for when you succeed at helping them out.

I've only been Chancellor or Steward though, I wonder if you get more interesting options as a spymaster.

Only interesting option as spymaster is 300% plot power for any plots against the liege, I'd wager.  Marshall just means getting to die in your liege's wars.
I somehow ended up as my liege's spymaster, and I noticed no difference in what I could do, until assassinating my liege turned out to be a piece of cake.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7426 on: February 26, 2015, 08:43:12 pm »

Marshals are less likely to die than non-council members - as marshal there's still a chance you're put to work somewhere, but as a non-council lord you'll default to leading your levy into battle for him.
Love, scriver~

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7427 on: February 26, 2015, 08:57:39 pm »

How DO you get on your liege's council? Can't figure it out.

One way to (possibly) get on your liege's council is to join a faction. Computers prioritize faction members for council seats because of the relations boost. This works particularly well when you're a powerful vassal.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7428 on: February 26, 2015, 09:37:44 pm »

I just finished removing kebab from the Iberian peninsula. Obviously I'm going to keep holy warring for North Africa, but which country should I try to eat either through marriages or war? For reference, the French king controls England ever since he won the crusade against the English Fraticellis.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7429 on: February 26, 2015, 11:49:43 pm »

Does anyone know why I can't educate my own son? He is of age, my guy doesn't have any negative characteristics nor is he teaching anyone else, and my wife can teach him, but not my character.
Are you on your liege's council and actively working?

No, but I WAS in the middle rebelling against my lord.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7430 on: February 27, 2015, 01:39:36 am »

There are tons of actions that get restricted when someone's rebelling and holds a 'temporary title' (many of which don't make any sense), and this is probably one of them.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7431 on: February 27, 2015, 02:06:57 am »

Grrr... stupid Pope. A crusade was called for Italy (the king was a heretic) and I decided I would try to win it to give away to a family member. So I sent 8000 men of my personal army off to Italy while a million vikings descended upon my homeland. After sieging all the easy targets and taking down some Italian armies my contribution was at about 40% and more than twice that of the next runner up. So when the king surrendered who did the Pope grant Italy to? Some nobody count of course! What the hell?
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7432 on: February 27, 2015, 03:42:29 am »

Was he a legal claimant to the title?
Love, scriver~

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7433 on: February 27, 2015, 03:55:56 am »

Yeah, it's worth noting that great holy wars give to claimants of your religion first, and only by contribution when there aren't any. If a crusade gets called on a heretic, there are almost always loads of claimants. I remember this bizarre game where Francia turned jewish early and somehow stabilized, and parts of it stayed jewish for about 300 years until it started getting hit with crusades. Over that time all the catholic claimants had obviously died, so most of Europe ended up going to holy orders.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7434 on: February 27, 2015, 04:09:25 am »

Well damn. I wish I had known that before wasting so many resources on that Crusade. Well for some reason he only has a duchy title right now and is way over his vassal limit. That should hopefully break up Italy once he dies and allow my French relatives to take some of that land. In the meantime I need to do something about these vikings. It's just a constant stream of them coming in before getting murdered by my retinues. I have the largest viking graveyard in all of Europe but they still show up in the thousands.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7435 on: March 01, 2015, 03:41:28 pm »

I just finished removing kebab from the Iberian peninsula. Obviously I'm going to keep holy warring for North Africa, but which country should I try to eat either through marriages or war? For reference, the French king controls England ever since he won the crusade against the English Fraticellis.
Who are you playing as? The French?

I hope those 3000 troops aren't your only ones available.
...I have another 500 unraised levies :D
I think that province should ready the lube.
Serbia bunkered down, 750 retinues died at the battle of Belgrad to allow the rest of the army to escape and batter down the hatches. The war was to be a long one, though hopefully with a different outcome to the loss of Ohrid. With the Miroslav armies mostly depleted and the German armies yet to arrive, I had but one hope - the enemy of my enemy.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

RIP Byzantine Empire
Constantinople is now being laid siege to in a Barrani invasion of Greece herself. Should the Shia invasion fail, the Miroslav infiltration will succeed - King Radoslav's genius daughter is now placed in a prime matrilineal betrothal that should see the Byzantine Empire become Miroslav in two generations. Or perhaps it will be Shia in one.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7436 on: March 01, 2015, 03:43:58 pm »

Playing as Hispania, right now. That was a bit poorly worded, sorry.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7437 on: March 01, 2015, 03:54:06 pm »

Station retinues in Britain. Send levies to Italy. Acquire lebensraum and sandwich central Europe in the rock and hard place of Hispania.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7438 on: March 03, 2015, 12:13:57 pm »

So I finally graduated from count to petty king.  How should I approach dividing land to vassals?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7439 on: March 03, 2015, 12:30:04 pm »

So I finally graduated from count to petty king.  How should I approach dividing land to vassals?
Isn't a petty king a duke? Why do you need to give land to vassals? You should only have a handful of counties.
Pages: 1 ... 494 495 [496] 497 498 ... 1002