Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 497 498 [499] 500 501 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2004245 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #7470 on: March 31, 2015, 06:17:01 pm »

And so it is that the Byzantine Emperor of Isauros finds he is losing everywhere. In the battlefield he is facing a veteran crusader who is one of Christendom's greatest generals, of renown and virtue, fielding a massive army of 10,000 Serbs - excluding allies. In his own court he is facing Miroslav chancellors and spies, and worse. His own wife is intellectually superior, legally superior and a far better mother than he is father. Even if he wanted to kill her or get rid of her, he would fail. She is a far superior spymaster and diplomat than he'll ever be. And she is Miroslav; he was arranged into marriage with her by his father when his father made a deal with a Miroslav before him. In his own family every Isauros he once knew is dead or landless, kept distant by external and internal political machinations. His wife is a Miroslav, his daughter is a Miroslav, his son is a Miroslav and the only in-laws he sees are Miroslavs. When he dies, the ancient Isauros family will die with him.

And in his place will only be Miroslav.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7471 on: March 31, 2015, 06:22:34 pm »

So I've been playing the Better Genders Law Mod, and I JUST got the Lillithian pope situated and Lillithian non-heresy-ized Of course, because CK2 is a piece of shit, I can't really give her any land because of the theocracy limit, so I set her off as an independent Duchess of Alexandria/Feminazi Pope.

Now she's got two holy wars :P I should have waited. Can't really help her right now, because 1) Can only join ONE of her wars at a time (what the fuck :I) and 2) I got a revolt or three and a war to put a Lillithian queen on Bavaria, so I can't really devote the resources.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7472 on: March 31, 2015, 06:39:44 pm »

Now that I can think about it, CKII is infinitely more enjoyable as an existential horror based on the point of view of my enemies. Every year a few more people are speaking Serbian, or praising the Primordial Radoslav. People being people, begin noticing patterns. Begin questioning why there are so many Miroslavs everywhere, why they seem to be the only ones noticing anything. Gradually they begin noticing that even members of their family are disappearing, only to reappear as Miroslavs. Friends, acquaintances, coworkers, everyone they meet through the day from the people who serve their food to the people who sell them Serbian-style hats is innocuously Miroslav. Then all of a sudden, one day they come to that awful realization - they are the only ones left. Everyone else is Miroslavs. And they know.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7474 on: March 31, 2015, 07:10:10 pm »

I am the irish King of Ireland whose forbear was the irish King of Ireland and Pictland. At the start of my succession I was in a war with several Pictish factions going crazy. The AI who was crowned quickly lost his kingship. But at the start as my current king I killed a guy and landed his son (my dynasty). He and I became rivals immediately somehow. Over 15yrs in and a get a pop up to end a rivalry; I click on him to find it was the guy I landed way back when. +100 opinion

I actually forgot we were rivals.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7475 on: March 31, 2015, 07:11:08 pm »

Sounds like London.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7476 on: March 31, 2015, 08:03:49 pm »

If I can finish off my Irish Byzantium save, I'll do so and post an after action report. I don't have many photos, though.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7477 on: April 02, 2015, 12:30:38 pm »

Republics need a duke-level title.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7478 on: April 03, 2015, 06:41:51 am »

Republics need a duke-level title.
Don't forget, theocracies need some love. Why can't you play as big boy Papal state yet?

Spoiler: More oddities (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: My game in a nutshell (click to show/hide)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7479 on: April 03, 2015, 08:44:47 am »

How did you get those images that show the entire game map? The ones that aren't the game, just the borders.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7480 on: April 03, 2015, 10:39:56 am »

How did you get those images that show the entire game map? The ones that aren't the game, just the borders.
f11 for screenshots of in game screen, f10 for whatever map mode you're on. What Ispil said basically.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7481 on: April 03, 2015, 01:24:31 pm »

This gaaaaaaaaaaame

I get assassinated a lot.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7482 on: April 03, 2015, 03:57:19 pm »

This gaaaaaaaaaaame

Who are you employing as your spymaster? Are you making your waifu/husbandu angry? How many times do you anger the entirety of the world?

Spoiler: Oddities continue (click to show/hide)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7483 on: April 03, 2015, 05:05:17 pm »

This gaaaaaaaaaaame

Stop pissing off vassals?

The only time I was assassinated was because I had high tribal authority as an unreformed pagan.
Also set the spymaster to uncover plots 24/7
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #7484 on: April 03, 2015, 05:23:00 pm »

After an interesting game where the Suomenusko faith reformed quite early, I got thinking about how they managed to do that. So I checked around a bit at the Charlemagne start and discovered that it is actually really easy for them to do, compared to all the other pagan faiths. They start with 4 of the 5 holy sites under their control, and if you start in Novogorad (Illmen? Something like that) you have one at your capital and a strong position to claim two more that are very near by. And nothing is separated by oceans!

Within two generations I had the Kingdom of Rus with the Reformed Suomenusko faith! Very interesting start that really changes how the history of the region turns out. The neighboring religions are falling not to Christianity, but to Suomenusko.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 497 498 [499] 500 501 ... 1002