Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 501 502 [503] 504 505 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 1990502 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #7530 on: April 07, 2015, 10:12:52 am »

Do you mean Messalian? Manichean is Zoro-heresy.
I think he does. And it's probably one of the easiest to happen, since there is an independent messalian count, and the Abbasids and Byzantines tend to convert the nestorian provinces pretty fast.

In mine, the Golden Horde converted to Nestorianism, so they were pretty wide spread. And yeah, I meant Messalian, that's the Zoro-influenced Christian group, right?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7531 on: April 07, 2015, 10:45:44 am »

That's the satan-worshipping feminist incest cult that I love.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #7532 on: April 07, 2015, 12:05:22 pm »

Man...my latest game is going well but the world is seriously blobby. Everything is oddly static in the year 1000.

Started 769...and other than a few areas of contention things are fairly settled out.

Francia got formed and has never fallen. It's gotten a little bit bigger, mostly down in the Iberian peninsula, but that's about it.

Byzantium is solid as a rock so far and has only grown.

Lombardy is also solid and has changed little since the start.

Poland formed and has taken up most of Germany and eastern Europe.

The various Muslim countries have stayed pretty static. Some fluctuations in the borders between the middle east and India, but not much other than that.

Pictland has spread down and controls all of Ireland and about half of Britain. They also married into Francia at some point so the Uib line controls both.

I started in Illmen and have formed the Russian empire. I also took Finland early on, although they broke off due to Gavelkind early on. Still my kin, though, and they own chunks of Scandinavia as well. Coupled with my reforming the Sumenesko faith early on the whole region has been steadily falling under our grasp.

Central Asia is about the only really dynamic place left, with lots of shifting countries rising and falling.

I'm torn between being pleased at how well my plans are going and annoyed at how boring the world is. If I was stronger I'd try to shatter Byzantium or something, but even at Empire strength I can't hope to muster as many troops as them. Russia is large but mostly undeveloped even after some extensive development programs that I've put into place from time to time.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7533 on: April 07, 2015, 12:13:28 pm »

I'm nearing the 850s in my Lombard game. I swore fealty to the Byzantines, and the Abbasids took nearly all of anatolia, so I now control most byzantine territory and plan to eventually oust the emperor. I've also taken nearly all Papal territory, so the seat of the papacy is now in Mallorca. The Umayyads have pushed deep into France. Francia has shattered, with the Karlings only owning Bavaria (and my character is married to the queen of Bavaria, which I put there with a claim). The Umayyads also formed Hispania, turning into a yellow blob (still called Umayyads). Abbasids swallowed all non-Umayyad territory in North Africa. Bulgaria, which owned both Bulgaria itself as well as a huge area of the steppes is no more, with Lithuania controlling the non-byzantine Balkans and the steppes fragmenting into various small kingdoms. Saxony has been shattered and reformed countless times, but has never actually been attacked by any christian nation. I'm worried the AI will end up doing a world conquest with these Abbasids, since they repeatedly crushed every single religious and decadence revolt so far.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7534 on: April 07, 2015, 01:47:07 pm »

@Meph, go for byzantium. It'll be fun, use tactics and strategy!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #7535 on: April 07, 2015, 02:34:47 pm »

@Meph, go for byzantium. It'll be fun, use tactics and strategy!

Just got access to Great Holy Wars, so I may do something with that. We'll see.

For the moment I'm having my diplomat stir up trouble in France. Even if they get ticked at me they'd have to go through Poland to touch me anyway, so I'm not worried about what they think.

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7536 on: April 07, 2015, 03:22:31 pm »

So I'm guessing Charlemagne's start date is a fun one? Is it worth buying in general, or should I wait for an ultrasale?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7537 on: April 07, 2015, 03:46:26 pm »

EDIT: Ok, my game went completely crazy: The byzantine emperor converted to Sunni. No wars or anything, just straight up converted.

EDIT 2: Apparently he married the sister of the Umayyad caliph. Islam will own Europe soon.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 05:25:59 pm by Deathsword »
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7538 on: April 07, 2015, 08:16:54 pm »

Islam will own Europe soon.

Might be time to join the winning side...
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7539 on: April 07, 2015, 10:06:05 pm »

Islam will own Europe soon.

Might be time to join the winning side...
Once my character came of age, he lost the option to convert. His wife being sunni also did nothing.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7540 on: April 08, 2015, 12:25:01 am »

Is he zealous?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7541 on: April 08, 2015, 03:35:39 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I CAME IN LIKE A WREEEEEEECKING SLAV
I NEVER HIT SO HARD IN LOOOOVE
ALL I WANTED WAS TO SIEGE YOUR WALLS
ALL I EVER SAID WAS, CASUS BELLI

Tl;dr, there was a slight change of plans. After Emperor Slavko the Bold sacked Jerusalem in the V Crusade, it marked the beginning of a new era. Quite fitting as the year was nearing the 1000 A.D. mark. It was not Emperor Slavko the Bold who was to shake the world over, it was his grandson Emperor Slavko the Wise who would attain glory and conquest, and his son Emperor Vukoman who would go beyond what Alexander the Great was able to achieve. Took over Rome with an antipope, suddenly got flooded with money.
http://i.imgur.com/OaOuI8B.png
The people weren't a fan of Pope Honorarius II, but he was just a stepping stone.
Began uniting the Miroslav Kingdoms and purging the ranks of Skoljdung infiltrators, clearing Bavaria and Germany of some Princes who thought they could take our lands by marriage. Also managed to form England, Wales and Ireland after both Saxony and Ulster were vassalized. Saxony was the first Miroslav state onto the British Isles and Ulster was a Norman Miroslav adventurer who conquered Ulster and helped conquer just about everything that wasn't controlled by a Scandinavian or Scot. Severely hamstringed House de Cantabria, knocked the French Berenglings out of power and formed the Empires of Germania and Francia.
With all this done Serbia had a surplus of gold and gusars. It was decided that while the Miroslav family was being united by force of levy, the Gusars would go East conquering through the coast of Balochistan and the Ferzadid Empire until the supply chain reached India.
India itself was wracked with constant war, as none of the families could really gain any permanent leverage against the others and so would keep struggling forever. So when the Serbians finally crashed into India under the reign of Emperor Vukoman, they wrecked all opposition. Divided, their mighty hosts could do little to avoid being taken down one by one by the highly mobile cavalry.
Ironically it would be the Serbian invasion which would bring stability to the region - with a common enemy and the bonus of being attacked by an infidel, the Indian families have grown considerably more solid and stable both in the maintenance of their Kingdoms/Empires and in the conducting of their defences. Fundamentally I do not think there is much they can do, a war elephant is as good as two Gusars and there's just no winning when you have 120 war elephants against 12,000 Gusars.

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7542 on: April 08, 2015, 07:03:40 am »

So I'm guessing Charlemagne's start date is a fun one? Is it worth buying in general, or should I wait for an ultrasale?

Worth...but perhaps you should wait for a sale and buy more expansion packs & DLCs in the same time...for some reason the game, the expansion packs and the DLCs are on sale many times on various sites.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7543 on: April 08, 2015, 12:09:22 pm »

So, I'm looking for a fun idea for a game. I'm starting to feel like everything is too easy... Any idea? (Mods are okay, but I can only play christian characters or need to buy more DLCs)

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7544 on: April 08, 2015, 12:17:06 pm »

So, I'm looking for a fun idea for a game. I'm starting to feel like everything is too easy... Any idea? (Mods are okay, but I can only play christian characters or need to buy more DLCs)

buy some more DLCs
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 ... 501 502 [503] 504 505 ... 1002