Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 503 504 [505] 506 507 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2010891 times)

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #7560 on: April 14, 2015, 06:07:31 pm »

Heh, clearing out my prisoner list was funny. Had a character imprisoned for 40 years... who was 40. Poor guy, imprisoned as a newborn and kept till he was 40.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7561 on: April 14, 2015, 08:17:08 pm »

Heh, clearing out my prisoner list was funny. Had a character imprisoned for 40 years... who was 40. Poor guy, imprisoned as a newborn and kept till he was 40.

Large cities have been born, raised, and buried in the great dungeons of England.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7562 on: April 14, 2015, 09:10:47 pm »

Large cities have been born, raised, and buried in the great dungeons of England.

I had a Duchess whose father rebelled when she was a child, died in battle after I captured his daughter, so she became Duchess of Trebizond, albeit as a child in the dungeon.

She survived until the age of 62. I don't remember how old she was when she first went in.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7563 on: April 14, 2015, 09:47:06 pm »

I had a Duchess whose father rebelled when she was a child, died in battle after I captured his daughter, so she became Duchess of Trebizond, albeit as a child in the dungeon.

She survived until the age of 62. I don't remember how old she was when she first went in.
I still remember, and still love, the intrigue raising event chain where you can frame one of your serfs for stealing jewelry, only for, decades later, remember you forgot about releasing them.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7564 on: April 14, 2015, 09:51:00 pm »

I still remember, and still love, the intrigue raising event chain where you can frame one of your serfs for stealing jewelry, only for, decades later, remember you forgot about releasing them.

Yeah, either the Baldrick-expy who still loves you and considers you his lord, or the cook's wife who's damn near destroyed by it.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #7565 on: April 15, 2015, 03:13:08 pm »

My horribly static world just got rather interesting. The Emperor of Francia, which owns all of France, some of Spain, as well as Soctland, Ireland, and bits of Germany, just converted to Islam. No idea why, but he did. Now western Europe is starting to convert over wholesale and Catholicism is starting to be wiped out.

I'm starting to regret hammering so hard against the Byzantine empire.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7566 on: April 15, 2015, 05:25:18 pm »

I want this game so bad, but £30-£125 is waaaay too much, esppecially with how it's 3 years old.

Been having fun with the demo though, using the "play as anyone" to see how mjch I can conquer in 20 years
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7567 on: April 15, 2015, 05:55:44 pm »

I want this game so bad, but £30-£125 is waaaay too much, esppecially with how it's 3 years old.

Been having fun with the demo though, using the "play as anyone" to see how mjch I can conquer in 20 years
It goes on sale frequently. If Steam fails you, Humble Store has you covered. And it has insane value for money.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7568 on: April 16, 2015, 02:41:16 am »

Is it just me or is the tutorial scenario pretty terrible in this game? I can't find any way to read the tutorial popups again and have had to restart the tutorial twice now because I was unable to correctly follow it. Game does seem very interesting though

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7569 on: April 16, 2015, 06:54:03 am »

Is it just me or is the tutorial scenario pretty terrible in this game? I can't find any way to read the tutorial popups again and have had to restart the tutorial twice now because I was unable to correctly follow it. Game does seem very interesting though

Yeah, the tutorial is pretty easy to break.

I ended up just finding a tutorial video series on youtube, that helped a lot better.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7570 on: April 16, 2015, 07:20:11 am »

The world has entered the year of 1125...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The story of how Abyssinia fell is complicated to say the least. House Solomonid was a powerful ally to House Miroslav when the two fought the Bahirid Empire; it was Solomonid light infantry that stormed the Arabian Capital before the Serbs. It was during the reign of Emperor Vukoman that the Arabian peninsula was conquered by the Serbs in full; and a deal was struck with the Abyssinians after they were driven out of Mt. Sinai in Arabia and into Egypt in Africa. The Serbians had gained their vital port connecting the Mediterranean to the Indian ocean, though Egypt was preferred, Egypt was Abyssinian and Emperor Vukoman was morally opposed to turning on Christian allies for mere strategic gain.
Four Emperors down the line and without any Muslims around to remind them why they fought together, Emperor Visarion II noticed three things only; Abyssinia's army, the Coptic Pope's taxes and Egypt. When the Emperors of Serbia before him drove the Bahirid remnants out of North Africa, the duchy of Cyrenaicia was given to a Serb with the knowledge that the Duke would return to the Serb fold after he converted the local provinces to Catholicism. Any heathens who felt inclined to rebel would do so ostentatiously (being less fearful of a Duke than an Emperor) and so the Emperor would know who to kill. Only, the Duke of Cyrenacia married a Princess of Abyssinia, solidifying him with a military alliance. Emperor Visarion II managed to politically outmaneuvre the Abyssinians by appealing to the Duke's Serbness, which worked - Serbia's North African borders grew just short of Egypt and the Duke was back in the fold. A Catholic grandson of the Abyssinian Emperor was invited to Serbia in order to press his claim over Abyssinia; Abyssinia would have remained Solomonid and would have become Catholic. Unfortunately while in Cyrenacia, the poor man died of slow fever.
The plans for invasion were abandoned until a son of the Duke married a Miroslav and produced a Miroslav with a weak claim to the Abyssinian Empire.
Rastko Miroslav... Rastko was a Miroslav, Ethiopian and Catholic. Should have been perfect, unfortunately little Rastko was a bloody imbecile and a coward, an utter disgrace for the Miroslav family. His claim was pressed and he was put on the throne in a long siege of Egypt and the battle of Atfih (18,000 Ethiopian free soldiers attacked 6,000 North African levies, unaware of the combined Jerusalem/Syrian/Mercenary force of 37,000 around the corner), but it took only two days for the King of Nubia to put up arms in rebellion. Loua Amarrar tried to rebel and install himself on the throne, then King Gondar of Abyssinia.
Both revolts enjoyed great early successes, with Emperor Rastko the Imbecile's forces being led by the good Mayor Slobodan - an excellent chancellor, but a highly incompetent general. During the battle of Hermopolis 20,000 Swiss/Breton/Lombard pikemen and the heavy infantry of the great company fought 16,000 Ethiopians, in what should have been a simple victory. Then Mayor Slobodan entered the battle. After having lost 8,000 Ethiopian loyalists, Mayor Slobodan brought 127 soldiers to the battle and put himself in charge of the right flank of the Serbian army, resulting in 4,000 deaths and the entire right flank being routed. Mayor Slobodan nearly single handedly lost the war and Abyssinia. In spite of Mayor Slobodan's incompetence leading to the Serbians losing far more than the Ethiopians, the Ethiopians were routed and King Gondar (formerly Emperor Gondar) died. Wasn't killed in battle, he just died. Presumably of grief, in that he was defeated by an imbecile boy Emperor and his incompetent sycophantic mayor.
The moment the Serbian mercenaries and levies left Abyssinia the Ethiopians revolted again. Only this time it was to lower crown authority, and quite frankly now that Emperor Rastko has produced an heir I want to see him killed in the streets so his far less incompetent son can reign. If all else fails I will send assassins after him; shouldn't be too hard, Emperor Rastko has already made many enemies and his only friends are incompetent.
Spoiler: The last Shia (click to show/hide)
My aim is to see the Carpathian Empire fully consolidated by the time the Mongols arrive, or at the very least India fully developed so when the doom hordes arrive the Indian blob is impervious to harm in the West.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7571 on: April 17, 2015, 12:44:47 pm »

I managed - rather hilarously - to kidnap the couple ruling the Empire of Francia, spanning from the entirety of France to Germany, basically HRE+France all the while nobles had one faction to lower Crown Authority and another to go Independent, the latter of which I supported.

At the same time, a badly timed HW on Hungary curbstomped the imperial army.

AND NEITHER OF THE BLOODY FACTIONS DECLARED WAR ON THE DAMN EMPEROR despite having 14:1 numerical superiority, the emperor himself being kidnapped by a faction member (though they didn't go through even after I released him) and another war draining the opponent's troops.

gg AI
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Not good with names

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7572 on: April 19, 2015, 01:50:18 pm »

There is nothing better than having an Irish empire subjugating a foreign culture England.  Okay, it does get better, when England is basically your only non-Irish/non-dynastic vassal and they try to declare war for one of their dejure vassals.  Dogpile ensues, rebellion, and a new Of Hwicce to give the title Court Jester of Hispania.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7573 on: April 19, 2015, 07:39:02 pm »

It's even better when you're the last bastion of Germanic vikings, raiding the world from Iceland to Jerusalem all from your little home of the Isle of Mann. Socotra is also acceptable.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #7574 on: April 19, 2015, 08:02:22 pm »

Or you could capture Egypt and pillage India :)
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link
Pages: 1 ... 503 504 [505] 506 507 ... 1002