Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 517 518 [519] 520 521 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2010389 times)

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #7770 on: June 03, 2015, 01:39:38 pm »

Technically the mongols were already in...but in a very shallow way...they just show up, wreck some shit, and exist like everyone else. Now they are going to actually be interesting to play
They were also tribal in CM, which was... odd.

CM? :)
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7771 on: June 03, 2015, 02:24:20 pm »

Carolus Magnus, Rex Francorum  imperator Romanum. The previous DLC.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7772 on: June 03, 2015, 03:56:54 pm »

Carolus Magnus, Rex Francorum  imperator Romanum. The previous DLC.
No, previous was WoL. But yeah, charlemagne.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7773 on: June 03, 2015, 07:41:21 pm »

Behold Naggaroth, the world's most powerful empire and the only home of the Druchii.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I have expanded far into the Chaos Wastes since this image, the weakling slaves of the Ruinous Powers being as nothing before my might.

To the southeast lies the realm of Ulthuan, land of the Asur and the stolen possession of the Witch King. But there's trouble in paradise.

The Interventionists were no longer satisfied by the unyielding string of public debates against the Isolationists, among whom the Phoenix King is an unashamed supporter. And so the high-minded hypocrites marched to war against each other.
I briefly considered using the confusion of this mass revolt to reclaim the homeland, but the time was not right. I'm sure that with nothing else to do the Asur will erupt into suicidal warfare again soon. As for this time, the Isolationists somehow pulled out a win despite having only 40% of the army to do it with.

You see, I had my eye on other problems, for example, the 20-30 Greenskin revolts it took to get rid of these:

But hey, they were only Orks and they're all dead now. Presently I'm more concerned with another issue, that being this FUCKING GOBLIN BASTARD.
You see, during my glorious conquest of the stubbornly independent Druchii kings and the foolish Asur colonists, this island suffered a goblin uprising. Thanks to me fucking the owner's life up, there was no army to kill the goblins nor navy to transport them to the island. And eventually ticking warscore did what these tiny green losers never could on their own.

INITIALLY, I wasn't too concerned. With the existence of the free Greenskin Extermination CB I figured this would be no problem. But wait. It's an island. And therefore counts itself as distant overseas despite being surrounded by Naggaroth. But that's ok, I'll just fabricate myself a claim.
BUT GUESS WHAT, APPARENTLY EVEN MY STRONG FABRICATED CLAIM IS NOT A VALID CB AGAINST GOBLINS, FOR SOME UNFATHOMABLE REASON! So I spam the local king-tier with gold until he finally creates the duchy the province is in, granting a claim press. And all was well.

OR APPARENTLY NOT, NO VALID CB MY ASS, I SHOULD HAVE NO LESS THAN THREE OF THEM.
I HATE YOU NOBDY I HATE YOU NOBDY DIE DIE DIE! PARADOX THIS IS WHY WE NEEDED THE MURDER BUTTON! YOU COULD HAVE STOPPED THIS! Charlemagne was an inside job!

Oh and apparently ever since I started taking Chaos Waste provinces there's been an epidemic of Slanneshi cultists or something, I'm sure it's nothing important, gotta find a way to rid myself of the goblin before worrying about these trivialities.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7774 on: June 04, 2015, 05:21:56 am »

Oh and apparently ever since I started taking Chaos Waste provinces there's been an epidemic of Slanneshi cultists or something, I'm sure it's nothing important
RIP MSH, he never stood a chance.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7775 on: June 05, 2015, 05:42:33 am »

It's finally over. Over over 21,000 Miroslavs can trace their lineage back to King Vojislav Miroslav of Serbia, everyone - no joke, everyone, has King Vojislav as their common ancestor. There is not a corner of the globe that has not been ruled by Miroslavs or married into Miroslavs. There's no point posting the dynasty map, as the entire map is just Miroslav.
Religion map. The last of the Zoroastrians were conquered by the Ilkhanate, spelling an end to the medieval era. The Immortals bravely held off the Miroslav family for 5 years, sacrificing over 160,000 mercenaries to safeguard their one last barony. It was not enough, and the Mongol army eventually burnt their last refuge to the ground.
Culture map. Serbian culture is the culture of both the Serbian and Roman Empire, making its cultural fabric stretch far and wide. The Scandinavian Empire is still split on old regional lines; where the Wallachian Khans were, the large stretch of Avar culture remains. Where the Pannonian Kings were, a core of Serbs and Russians prevails. Where the last pagans held out a solid core of Mordvin culture from the Mordvanid family remains. And in Scandinavia herself, Norse culture is steadily reunifying the fractured Nords. Germany is mostly culturally unified, but they share half of a Bohemian enclave with the Scandinavian Empire. The French Empire is mostly all French, however some old cultures still persist, and Italy still retains its Italian culture. Spain is as usual, an absolute mess. The only significant change is that Baloch culture is slowly replacing the Serbo-Spanish diaspora. Britain is also still somewhat chaotic. Some ancient cultures still survive, most notably the Bretons of Cornwall, the Anglo-Saxons of Sussex, the Saxons of Saxony (though they only have one county left), the Lombards of Italy, the Greeks of Greece and the Occitan of Aquitaine.
Nations map. The Roman Emperor has constantly been growing his lands at the expense of the Kaiser, the same can be said with the Khan and Hispania - with the Mirokhan so far unable to drive the nail in the coffin and take the Hispanian crown (which is currently held by a Frenchman). The Serbian Empire's borders are largely unchanged, but after a small horde of avar counts secured independence from the Scandinavian Empire the Teutonic Knights in Transylvania expanded into them (to my chargrin) while this also allowed the Roman Empire to expand north of the Georgian mountains. The Roman Empire is also fighting with France over the fate of Italy. The Italians appear to be absolute Francophiles, as this is the second time they swore themselves to the French crown. The French Empire also has a small Catholic Bavarian enclave in the southwest for some reason. Britain would also have very clean borders were the remnants of the Saxon migration still not surviving to this day; Sussex is divided between the Germans and French. Officially, it is de jure rightful German land.

Now all I need to do is get the blasted converter working. And to think, all of this can be traced to that fateful shia insurrection in Jerusalem! DEUS VULT!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7776 on: June 05, 2015, 06:03:28 am »

Wait, the converter no longer works? I used it a few months back just fine for my Portugal conversion. Does it crash or what?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7777 on: June 05, 2015, 06:55:16 am »

Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't, and I don't really know what's happening in either case to make it so

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7778 on: June 05, 2015, 06:58:51 am »

I just discovered that the Paradox forums have migrated to new software (and new log-in rules). I had a few hiccups getting the log-in to work (merging my old account and the new mail) but a kind soul at support helped me! And to boot, once I logged into the mod section, I saw there is a FAERUN mod in the making!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7779 on: June 05, 2015, 08:26:42 am »

The last time I used the EUIV converter, it worked just fine.

Ua Briain Byzantium rules over parts of Africa, South America and Australia is now a colonial nation under Greek Irish peeps.

Sicily is threatening to become a superpower, as it holds all of Spain, Portugal, Sicily historic, southern Italy, and portions of what would eventually become Morocco. Every now and then, Sicily goes to bat with the inheritors of the ailing Fatimids, Egypt, and wins a few more provinces off me. They haaaaaaaaate Byzantium, and are as aggressive towards me as the Seljuks are. Sicily also holds two provinces in South America, and one in colonial Africa. They sit at -200 opinion no matter what I do, and will attempt to fabricate claims on my two Italian provinces.

England also proves quite strong, and has started colonising Greenland and much of North America. They also are angry that I hold traditionally English provinces, those being the ones immediately south of Scotland.

Aquitaine has been invaded and conquered by Sicily a few times, leaving France a patchwork of pale purple Aquitanian provinces amidst a sea of Sicilian beige.

The Seljuks have taken bites out of the former Golden Horde I dissolved late in CK2, and are blobbing pretty extensively. They have made into protectorates a significant portion of India. They have also attacked the Fatimids, citing a "cleansing of heresy." They've been husbanding their strength since the last encounter with Byzantium in which both of us lost gargantuan amounts of soldiers, but it was ultimately won by Byzantium.

Perm is quite large, but they are friendly.

Hungary holds its historic borders, plus a few provinces taken off the neighbours. They also hold a small portion of the Holy Land, which they have gradually worked upon against the hapless Fatimids.

The Teutonic Order-controlled Israel fell early on in EUIV, but has recently popped back up as a protectorate'd Muslim state. How weird

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7780 on: June 05, 2015, 09:14:36 am »

EUIV converter seems fine, whatever the problem was it was a problem with the save - converting from a map 8 years prior seemed fine, and as usual Genghis Khan fixed everything as I created a joke convert with him just to test if it was a problem with the save or the converter. Amusingly, there are now 80% more Mongols in India than before.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7781 on: June 06, 2015, 02:25:15 am »

Operation Dark Eldar has been going well enough despite the game insisting on crashing every two hours or so. (This isn't the mod, vanilla crashes like clockwork too, good job Paradox).
On the other hand, I now understand why Naggaroth created the Watchtowers, these incessant fucking beastmen. Between them, the chaos revolts, the goblin hordes (HATE NOBDY HATE HATE HATE), and the peasant uprisings taking the Chaos Wastes has become a slog. It does not help that everything is single-holding and tribal, requiring me to upgrade someone to feudal status for every kingdom title. The only good news is that I've eliminated the high elf religion from my lands, and so the liberation revolts in the south have stopped.
Speaking of the south, I've begun the Lustria campaign. The good news is that the obscene wealth of the Lizardmen has resulted in them taking every province up to Stone Hillfort and all their garrisons suck enough that I can assault smash them. The bad news is that every single province of Lustria has a jungle malus effect which grows up to -80% everything constantly and must be reduced at the risk of the holder or marshal's death, the supply limit on every untaken province is equal to or lower than those of the Chaos Wastes, the Lizardmen religion has such high moral authority that they're constantly rising up once conquered, the Seven Cities have absurd special bonuses that give them garrisons higher than the supply limit(!), said bonus vanishes once I turn it feudal, and Lizardmen culture naturally spawns hostile-to-everything dinosaur rampages.

It's been a problem.
SPEAKING OF PROBLEMS: I have been slowly converting these filthy chaos primitives to my superior Elven pantheon, but the revolts are constant. They aren't dangerous by any stretch of the imagination, but dealing with six or seven revolts simultaneously has been a thing for a while now. Most of the vassals outside the newer Chaos Waste conquests can handle it alone, but I'm still stuck taking care of some or trying to clear them so I can declare war.

And then this shit shows up in my message box.
A pig? The fuck? A dead pig loyal to of my vassals who is secretly worshiping Slaanesh?
Turns out it's actually an elf, or at least was an elf, who was forcefully made this countess' pig-boy. Yeah. Yeah, this is indicative of a problem.

That's them, my own Slaneesh-lite accepted heresy. I've made occasional attempts to discredit them by reconverting all their holy sites, but the rulers just convert them back. The problem is that this kingdom is under the rule of the queen mother, who is only slightly less OP than me. And she has 30 Learning, so conversion isn't very likely. My best priests only have 24 or so.

Did I mention "whip tongue" has become a startlingly common trait in the High Kingdom these days?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7782 on: June 06, 2015, 04:09:03 am »

it's time to begin liberally assassinating everything, msh

blazing glory

« Reply #7783 on: June 06, 2015, 04:30:49 am »

What mod is that anyway?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7784 on: June 06, 2015, 05:06:20 am »

Reign of tyranny? Imprison and execute the Slaaneshi infidels? Provoke them into uprising?
Pages: 1 ... 517 518 [519] 520 521 ... 1002