Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 524 525 [526] 527 528 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2010398 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #7875 on: June 12, 2015, 07:05:20 pm »

speaking of sales (I also asked over in the SALES thread) I love CKII and EUIII and HOI3, I assume Vicky 2 + everything is worth 10 bucks?

Absolutely. It may take a while to figure out, but it's not really a problem if you can handle DF.

Yay! Bought it and got the POP demand mod! Im shaking in my tall black-leather boots! (practicing my, "You rebel scum")
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7876 on: June 12, 2015, 11:56:27 pm »

Way of Life isn't necessary, but if it's cheap, go for it. I'd deffo recommend The Old Gods - gives a new, interesting start date and the ability to play all them pagans, with their unique mechanics.
Just don't play as anyone in Britain, the vikings never stop ;-;
Its not even that they are a threat, or affect any decisions (Other then making sure you have a very small home guard ready).  They just appear every few months preventing you from being able to effectively time warp.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7877 on: June 14, 2015, 03:34:00 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It is March 1, year 8000 A.L.
Westeros is in absolute pandemonium.
Amidst all of this pandemonium, a strange count claiming to hail from beyond the sunset sea arrives, taking over the castle of newkeep under suspicious circumstances. Ruthless, cruel, carrying a vicious Valyrian steel sword forged in the capital of the mythical Jerusalem... The Miroslav family has arrived to play the game of thrones.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7878 on: June 14, 2015, 03:52:44 am »

You should mod a Serbian Culture in. How did he get Newkeep?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7879 on: June 14, 2015, 04:00:04 am »

Yeah, thinking about it it's not too late to mod in Serb culture and then switch his culture with console.
The Bronn way: Iron price discount, 100% off all selected goods

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7880 on: June 14, 2015, 06:08:33 am »

Yeah, thinking about it it's not too late to mod in Serb culture and then switch his culture with console.
The Bronn way: Iron price discount, 100% off all selected goods
By which you mean one angry slav > castle of hardened game of thrones characters.

...this game is motivating me to write my book because I really want to see what you do with it....
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7881 on: June 14, 2015, 08:45:36 am »

By which you mean one angry slav > castle of hardened game of thrones characters.
...this game is motivating me to write my book because I really want to see what you do with it....
One talented Slav. Vojislav Miroslav has a Valyrian steel sword and a dragon egg, is ruthless, a great liar, a schemer, and a clever general. Considering how the realm at this point is in utter chaos, the ruler of the Eyrie is a weak boy and Littlefinger is running amok, this is the perfect time for an angry Slav to run up to the local Lord, become master at arms, and then kill the Lord and take his place. And of course, once one slav comes, come many slavs later. Already the court is being stacked with serbs.

In the opening days, the northern clans and Stannis won the North. Ramsay snow was killed in battle and Roose Bolton could not hold the north alone. Though Roose would try to retake the north later, he would be captured again and send to the wall. The throne would pass to the Karstarks, entering the force of Karstark north on the side of Stannis in his bid to claim the throne.
With his court increasingly detesting Vojislav's tyrannical rule, Vojislav reminded them why they needed to respect the Serb. One courtier was maimed by a javelin. It wasn't Vojislav.
Danaerys got rekt by the slavers of Yunkai. Fortunately for her, Magister Illyrio Mo Money payed for her ransom so she didn't end up enslaved. The Meereenese however, were screwed.
In Westeros, Stannis Baratheon also lost his bid for the throne despite Karstark reinforcements. He was exiled to the Wall, so on the bright side he still got to fight the Others.
The Karstarks, still somewhat chuffed at the Iron Throne decided that if they couldn't get a north-friendly King on the throne they'd just move the throne to the North. The King in the North!

*The King in the North was assassinated by King Tommen and/or Petyr Baelish. In this timeline, King Tommen was no one to fuck with. He ended Aegon the pretender by having Jaime slay him in battle one-handed. Conquered the Northmen after assassinating Harrion. And he destroyed Prince Doran. Meanwhile the Iron Islands saved the Seven Kingdoms with Jon Snow. Then Danaerys tried to take the Iron Throne by force. She failed dismally. Only Petyr Baelish, Cersei Lannister, Mace Tyrell and Robin Arryn survived the great purge of Tommen. Very quickly Tommen went from being a kind-hearted naive King, to becoming a ruthless executioner of dissidents, traitors and a tyrant in his own right. King Tommen would later be assassinated the moment he sired a son. King Tommen's son would later go under the guardianship and regency of Petyr Baelish.

I WONDER WHO KILLED KING TOMMEN?

Anyways, I can't hate on Littlefinger. He helped exhaust the Vale's soldiers, allowing Vojislav Miroslav to deploy his fresh troops to good effect. Lord Vojislav waited, preparing for war against another small Lord - the plan of course being to use the valemen of two counties to take on the High Lord of Northweald. However, plans were somewhat stunted when winter approached and the councilor Lord Vojislav sent to fabricate claims died.
The next councilor never got to finish his job. By this point the Lord of Northweald went to war with Lord Vojislav over the Stepstones, which is peculiar as I never recalled rushing to defend the fool in the Stepstones. Around 900 soldiers lay siege to Newkeep, but they could not break her walls. Failing to take Newkeep, the soldiers could not even take the Stepstones. Their manpower and gold was wasted by winter. At this point, the Iron Bank was rather unhappy at the Lord of Northweald, who had taken a loan to fight the Serbs and the Pebble plebs. The Iron Bank wanted their money back. The High Lord of Northweald said he needed more time. The Iron Bank decided to instead give Lord Vojislav mercenaries, gold and a claim to the High Lordship of Northweald. What happened next was inevitable. With the High Lord of the Stepstones on my side, the Iron Bank of Braavos on my side and Vojislav himself being a ruthless bastard, Northweald soon fell to me. The county I originally wanted to fabricate claims on was now in my de jure territory, and it too fell. When the Iron Bank asked Vojislav to honour his promise, Vojislav reminded them that he did not promise to pay his enemy's debt. They just assumed he would. Around this time Vojislav converted to the fire god's religion, all the better to remove Andals with. Vojislav also got acquainted with his peasants. (They weren't slaughtered, because one should never kill people who spare you lest people learn to finish the job). Also see: FUCKING LITTLEFINGER. Around the time that Tommen died of completely natural causes, High Lord Vojislav felt confident enough to declare independence from the Vale in order to get one step closer to taking the Eyrie. High Lord Vojislav had around 4,000 men up against around 28,000. He pursued the smaller bands of 1,000-4,000 men loyal to the Vale, personally slaughtering all of them. Only 18,000 Valemen actually managed to reach the Fortresses of Newreach. The best part is that is that extreme winter kicked in here, and the great big Vale doomstack was just obliterated. They did manage to kill Vojislav's 4k doomstack, but by then the frost had already done the damage it needed to do. Both sides have remustered their forces. Owing to the Vale's greater resources however, all chances at victory will rest on how competent a commander Vojislav's son is at leading the Gusars to victory.
The absolute best part is that despite being a red-god worshipping mad cut-throat slav, the Lord Paramount of the Vale's hopes that the King of the Seven Kingdoms would intervene to save a portion of his lands breaking free were dashed when Vojislav was made Chief General of the Seven Kingdoms.
And while this has allowed Vojislav to greatly cannibalize the Vale without outside interference, all damage must be done before winter ends and numerical superiority obliterates the Serbs of Newreach. Likewise, being the Small Council puts Vojislav in the same room as Littlefinger... A greater threat than Vale assassins.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7882 on: June 14, 2015, 11:44:14 am »

So trying to bring back the jews as Semien...I can always manage to get past the Abbyssian kingdom and take over the whole region...but I can never find a way to punch through the damn Abassid blob of wtf. And then they start throwing holy wars at me -_-

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7883 on: June 14, 2015, 11:48:19 am »

So trying to bring back the jews as Semien...I can always manage to get past the Abbyssian kingdom and take over the whole region...but I can never find a way to punch through the damn Abassid blob of wtf. And then they start throwing holy wars at me -_-
Fabricate a claim in India and migrate there? Or anywhere else for that matter?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7884 on: June 14, 2015, 11:52:34 am »

Fabricate a claim in India and migrate there? Or anywhere else for that matter?

This, or just keep restarting until the Abbasids have a crises.
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7885 on: June 14, 2015, 11:56:16 am »

I just finished my Semien playthrough. Kicking the Abbasid can be doable, depending on what duchy they attack you for. The secret is to let attrition do most of the job by  distracting their armies with smaller armies that you can then disband before an actual battle.

You'll still loose some duchies though. It's not too bad, just expand as much as you can in the Arabian peninsula and/or India, and wait for the Abbassid to be defending against a crusade or something to strike them back.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7886 on: June 14, 2015, 01:17:22 pm »

Man, switching from Tribal to Republic was a BAD decision. I went from like 5000 levies to 1500.
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7887 on: June 14, 2015, 01:51:54 pm »

Is this game worth $20? I'm considering buying it since it's gone on sale on steam. I'm a big fan of strategy games and RPGs and was thinking of getting this. I did try it for a few hours on a free weekend and liked the concept, but I didn't quite get past the learning curve before the event ended, although I did have quite a bit of fun. I'm currently waiting to see if the game goes on sale for less, but if it doesn't is it worth that price and are there any vital DLCs?
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7888 on: June 14, 2015, 02:13:02 pm »

The game is definitely worth $20; as for DLC, see some earlier posts as to which is more vital than others.
Um, there's about 540 pages of previous posts. I'm thinking that I'll get the sword of Islam since I really wanted to be able to play as Muslims during that trial but couldn't. I'll look trough and see if any of the others look important.

Edit: found the posts you meant
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 02:24:45 pm by Quartz_Mace »
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7889 on: June 14, 2015, 02:20:18 pm »

Well, most of them simply unlock various characters. Legacy of Rome let you have permanent retinues, which is nice.

Pages: 1 ... 524 525 [526] 527 528 ... 1002