Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 530 531 [532] 533 534 ... 993

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 1465390 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #7965 on: June 27, 2015, 05:58:47 pm »

Go home latins, Byzantine galleys folded a gorillion times carry a billion^billion men and fire greek fire at the speed of sound

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7966 on: June 27, 2015, 06:16:12 pm »

Ever wonder why the Aztecs never bothered conquering Europe? That's right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined Byzantines and their galleys of destruction.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7967 on: June 27, 2015, 08:03:51 pm »

Fun fact: AI cheats. A surprising amount, actually. In addition to never having mercs disband, even when in debt, I've had them do things like, in my most recent game, transport 5000+ men on 36 boats. Fucking Byzantines making TARDIS boats.
Doesn't surprise me, EUIV AI cheats too.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7968 on: June 27, 2015, 08:22:46 pm »

No, a single galley carries 100 men, regardless of whether it's 1 stack of 100 or 100 stacks of 1. 36 boats should carry 3600 max.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #7969 on: June 27, 2015, 08:52:13 pm »

Some mods change the number of soldiers each boat can hold. I think HIP makes it 200? Are you running any mods?

So... how common is it for Crusades to be triggered by, say, successful Jihads for Anatolia, only for the Pope to turn around and declare a Crusade for some random unrelated place, like Hungary? I don't usually play long enough for Crusades to trigger.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7970 on: June 27, 2015, 09:48:16 pm »

No, a single galley carries 100 men, regardless of whether it's 1 stack of 100 or 100 stacks of 1. 36 boats should carry 3600 max.

That does not seem right.
It is. 100 men per boat. Retinues in ship dont reinforce.

Also, crusades for hungary can be pretty frequent. It's usually the first one. Successful early Anatolia Jihad is more rare (Jihad are generally in reaction to some crusade).

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #7971 on: June 27, 2015, 10:07:44 pm »

Tribal? Could be zealots/warrior fleeing because you're not at war?

Nope, all the men were from my own demesne.
Shameless plug: I do web design professionally. Need an affordable website? Contact me (see my website too). Discounts for B12 members.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7972 on: June 28, 2015, 12:59:16 am »

If you're still low enough authority that your tribal vassals's troops are considered allied levies rather than feudal levies (i.e. blue rather than green and you can't control them), I've noticed this as well. There's a couple of explanations:

1. The vassal died, and the AI heir isn't technically part of your war/raid.
2. There may be a time limit on how long vassals will remain part of the raid before calling their troops home. Frequently I would notice this, and discover that I could call my allies to war again, meaning that their troops hadn't been with me.
3. Not sure of the mechanics, but it may be that after a successful raid, the AI considers the raid complete and disbands its troops.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7973 on: June 28, 2015, 01:12:20 am »

Okay, I don't get Republic inheritance rules. ALL my titles went to the Doge? Last time I lost the Republic I kept most of them!

Also, fuck the AI and its possibility to straight-out steal your trade poste without you being able to do anything about it.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which donít yet.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7974 on: June 28, 2015, 01:36:39 am »

Okay, I don't get Republic inheritance rules. ALL my titles went to the Doge? Last time I lost the Republic I kept most of them!

Also, fuck the AI and its possibility to straight-out steal your trade poste without you being able to do anything about it.
Thats one of the reasons I dislike the HRE/elective, if you arent voted back in, you lose your lands to the new emporer/dynasty.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7975 on: June 28, 2015, 04:01:33 am »

I think losing your trade posts during inheritance is a bug. In fact, I'm fairly certain that it is.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7976 on: June 28, 2015, 04:08:36 am »

Oh, no, I didn't loose it during inheritance, it's just that the new Doge was like "LOLMAO, I'm gonna take those trade posts!" and I couldn't even rebel or anything.

Jeez, I though relaxing a bit and playing the republic game instead of just piling enough money to always keep the title would be fun... I even spent a few years handing out Kingdom titles to all the other families to make them able to hold the main title.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which donít yet.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7977 on: June 28, 2015, 05:09:27 am »

I dislike playing as a republic for that reason...its too easy to accidentally slip up and lose everything all of a sudden

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7978 on: June 28, 2015, 08:23:04 am »

It would make more sense for there to be a split up between "Republic Lands" and "Family Lands", with you only being able to hold so many in your family before you reach a limit and needing to give some to the Crown, so to speak.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #7979 on: June 28, 2015, 11:10:19 am »

I dislike playing as a republic for that reason...its too easy to accidentally slip up and lose everything all of a sudden
This applies to literally everything in CK2...
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 530 531 [532] 533 534 ... 993