Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 530 531 [532] 533 534 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 1989987 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #7965 on: June 17, 2015, 09:03:19 pm »

Yes Nikodom is where shit gets real. It DEFINITELY wasn't when Blaz had an affair with the chilled undead.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7966 on: June 18, 2015, 12:07:57 am »

Why not just reform your paganism, steal the pope, make your pope reformed pagan and use him as your new paganpopelite?
Is this possible, and if so, why haven't I heard of it?

Also, is there a bonus for sacrificing the pope at a blot because I'm going to see if I can.

Also, I've become the king of Sweden at the age of 39! The King of flipping Sweden! Iceland as well. It's good to be Viking.

You can only force convert nobodies...no nation leaders sadly...and no pope...and yes you get a bonus for sacrificing the pope...it is a steam achievment and it gives a good chunk of piety. I recommend doing it at least once for the fun of it but unless you are trying to pump up your score or piety the 250 ransom is usually more worthwhile
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 07:07:32 am by dennislp3 »

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #7967 on: June 18, 2015, 12:19:18 am »

Well, Bronn is now King of the Iron Throne, with a donk that tames the Mother of Dragons.

Not really a great LP in the end. He's not doing enough with the character (very static plays, just commentating with an annoying accent).

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8wx5SP6uLxk

Part 7 is up, but at least Bronn got to be king after about an hour and a half of play time.
It's a game. Have fun.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7968 on: June 18, 2015, 09:56:27 am »

Yes Nikodom is where shit gets real. It DEFINITELY wasn't when Blaz had an affair with the chilled undead.
Perhaps it'd be more appropriate to say that we went off the deep end with Blaz, and went into the trenches with Nikodim.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: death count (click to show/hide)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7969 on: June 18, 2015, 12:13:00 pm »

Leave it to the Aztecs to defeat winter.
praise the sun

I take that the final showdown between Miroslav and Aztec is close?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7970 on: June 18, 2015, 12:26:59 pm »

No. Fucking Words.

You used the fucking world-ending demonic ice zombie hordes as a tool against your personal enemies, invaded the entire planet, and then polished it off by watching as three hundred thousand fucking aztecs landed in the heart of Winter with a dozen dragons, drove back the zombie hordes, and re-established the barrier of men against the wastes you previously let slip.

And then, of all things, the sheer charisma of the aztechs persuaded the White Walkers to take over the duties of the Night's Watch. This is where you've sunk to. You are the bad guy. The aztecs are slitting throats, skinning people, and ripping out hearts, and you're the bad guy. The ice demons of the endless northern wastes are guarding the Wall from themselves and you're the bad guy. The great slavery empires of the East have been overthrown under wave of screaming tribesmen, and you're the bad guy. Winter has become a formal fucking procedure and you're the bad guy.

10/10

When you play the game of thrones, you win, or the serbians come.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 12:29:42 pm by Dorsidwarf »
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7971 on: June 18, 2015, 01:29:17 pm »

Leave it to the Aztecs to defeat winter.
praise the sun
I take that the final showdown between Miroslav and Aztec is close?
Miroslav-Aztec war dawns close, once the Reach and Stormlands have fallen there is only one place left to expand.
And praise the sun

No. Fucking Words.
You used the fucking world-ending demonic ice zombie hordes as a tool against your personal enemies, invaded the entire planet, and then polished it off by watching as three hundred thousand fucking aztecs landed in the heart of Winter with a dozen dragons, drove back the zombie hordes, and re-established the barrier of men against the wastes you previously let slip.
And then, of all things, the sheer charisma of the aztechs persuaded the White Walkers to take over the duties of the Night's Watch. This is where you've sunk to. You are the bad guy. The aztecs are slitting throats, skinning people, and ripping out hearts, and you're the bad guy. The ice demons of the endless northern wastes are guarding the Wall from themselves and you're the bad guy. The great slavery empires of the East have been overthrown under wave of screaming tribesmen, and you're the bad guy. Winter has become a formal fucking procedure and you're the bad guy.

10/10

When you play the game of thrones, you win, or the serbians come.
I figured as much when the Serbians were giving people wildfire to drink whilst the Aztecs were giving their people hot chocolate to drink. I mean that figuratively and literally, Nikodim gave some wildfire to a crazy Mantarys guy who thought he was a dragon. He drank it! - burned inside out. Nikodim made him the court jester, but he was really more off putting than hilarious. And the Aztecs gave their subjects who suffered gravely under winter ubiquitous amounts of hot chocolate to boost morale and help repopulate the eerily empty North. I think I'll keep the Night's Watch/Walkers thing, just because it actually makes sense now. The Aztecs have determined a way to bring peace between the White Walkers and the realms of men. By being a part of the Night's Watch no one can invade the white walkers and they can't invade the realms of men. The actual Night's Watch get to sit on their wall content, as Bran the Builder's war is finished, while frost demon and human alike get to enjoy cocoa, running around and having fun in the snows of Castamere.
And King Nikodim gets to be the one to burn it all, a single casus belli to take over the entire Aztec Empire. They have many ancient dragons, yes - but they do not have the progeny of the mother of dragons. Somewhere, in some Pentoshi grave, a poor Danaerys skeleton is turning in her grave as the dragons she tried to use to liberate the world have become the tools of the New Serb Order.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7972 on: June 18, 2015, 02:03:27 pm »

I don't even watch Game of Thrones and I can't understand how badly you fucked that 'verse up. I hadn't known there were zambies past the wall, but now the zambies are guarding against the zambies while under the rule of Aztecs Which Shouldn't Be There, everybody appears to be dragons or own dragons or something, and within three updates it looks like most of Westeros has come under Serb Rule. This is fucked up on levels your usual Crusader Kings "Black Jewish Nazi's Republic of Germany" game can't hope to achieve.

What's next, playing Warhammer and spending the whole game at peace?

A Star Wars mod where you exterminate both the Jedi and the Sith and raise a Serb Communism of Gungans?

...Could there be a Harry Potter mod? I wonder if Voldemort could be a Serb
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7973 on: June 18, 2015, 02:09:58 pm »

Congratulations, you broke the everything.

So I restarted my attempt to build a Malinese merchant republic. Played MUCH more aggressively at the outset this time, to where I conquered most of Marrakech before the year 800, and prevented the Umayyads from ever getting more of a toehold in Africa than Tangier. At one point, I simultaneously held off holy wars from the Sultanate of Africa and the Sultanate of Andalusia, forcing both to agree to terms, and netting a crapton of piety, cash and prestige. This also apparently was such an embarrassing defeat for both sultans that it laid the stage for bigger problems for them. The Muhallabids (Africa) rapidly grew decadent, and have been plagued with revolts ever since. The Umayyads have stayed near their typical 0% decadence, but the manpower they lost in the depths of the Malinese jungles meant that they couldn't crush Asturias as they typically do. As a result, no Empire of Hispania and they're facing constant threats from Asturias and Lombardy.

I steadily nommed my way across the Atlas Mountains until i lucked out and fabricated a claim on all of Tunis, and then early in that war, captured the Sultan.
Boom -- all the holy sites, moral authority and piety needed to reform West African.

Now I just have to sort out some title inheritance issues and try to turn a few more Berber province Mande, and then I'll move the capital to Massat and declare a republic.

In the meantime, the Byzantines pulled some crazy shit REALLY early in the game, to where the Emperor and the Ecumenical Patriarch are somehow linked titles now. The Emperor has been the Patriarch since the late 700's. I'm really curious to see if they get strong enough to invade Italy and end the Great Schism. Cause the Karlings still can't get their shit together enough to form the HRE, and the Emperor of Francia keeps setting up anti-popes.

A Star Wars mod where you exterminate both the Jedi and the Sith and raise a Serb Communism of Gungans?
"Yousa need be removing dat kabab!"

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7974 on: June 18, 2015, 02:24:02 pm »

Honestly, LW, no matter what CK tale anyone brings into this thread from now on, it will never be able to top this incredible clusterfuck. You've done something extraordinary.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #7975 on: June 18, 2015, 02:52:07 pm »

What the fuck was that? I must have missed the setup because I have no idea how you got Serbs into GoT.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7976 on: June 18, 2015, 03:12:46 pm »

"It is merely the end of the beginning" sums up how I feel about The Serbian Adventures of MiroslavTM
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7977 on: June 18, 2015, 03:36:07 pm »

What the fuck was that? I must have missed the setup because I have no idea how you got Serbs into GoT.
A bit of light modding, probably. It isn't hard to insert Serbs into any mod; just copy-paste the culture code.
Aye, just added Serb culture with their names and Gusars, though everyone uses Gusars not just Serbs in this world (presumably after seeing the Serbs use them to devastating effect)

I think I can reply to every other post just with this:
"It is merely the end of the beginning" sums up how I feel about The Serbian Adventures of MiroslavTM
Indeed, it has only just begun

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7978 on: June 18, 2015, 04:41:25 pm »

I need to see a screenshot of that White Walker Night Watch. Like, how does that even work? Do they get the whole Black shield trait? What the hell.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7979 on: June 18, 2015, 05:35:40 pm »

I need to see a screenshot of that White Walker Night Watch. Like, how does that even work? Do they get the whole Black shield trait? What the hell.
So I'm 99% certain it's the same White Walker that started the whole Long Night, as it's 500 years old and I remember it being in its late 400s when Blaz was running amok. He tore through the wall but the Night's Watch held onto a single castle in the wall with a vengeance, I'm not sure if they held onto it until the Aztecs arrived and restored their order to its full strength but I would assume so. Anyways, the White Walker who started the Long Night either continued waging wars against southerners up until it invaded the Night's Watch, winning and usurping the Night's Watch title, at which point it stopped invading other territories and I found I could no longer use any CBs on them. They had officially become the Night's Watch, and people exiled to the Watch ended up in the White Walker's court. I also checked, and the heir to the titular High Lordship of Winter and the titular High Lordship of the Night's Watch would both be inherited by the same white walker in the event of the current one dying, so it seems to be permanent (excepting to any other further usurping of titles that should be impossible to usurp).
And of course, one of the black brothers diligently working with the white walkers to improve the watch's defences in anticipation of the great war:
Meanwhile at the Wall, where the black brothers have turned the wall into a feudal elective Lordship:
I suspect that after a generation, since all of the new recruits are going to the Night's Watch under the white walkers, eventually all the black brothers in the Wall will die out and it will function as its own High Lordship.
Not that dying should really be the foremost concern of the Wall Lords.
They appear to have some suspiciously pale looking fellows in their number. Then again, the Night's Watch did break their oaths by marching against the Miroslavs in support of the Lannisters and in spite of the White Walkers being on their door. It seems both the Night's Watch and the White Walkers see Miroslavs as worse than each other.
Pages: 1 ... 530 531 [532] 533 534 ... 1002