Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 534 535 [536] 537 538 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 1990183 times)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #8025 on: June 24, 2015, 03:27:24 pm »

What is Serb may never die, but rises sneakier and stronger as cryptoSerbs

Spoiler: You mean this? (click to show/hide)

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8026 on: June 24, 2015, 03:32:32 pm »

I'm currently playing as the slut Queen of England (seducing all of my vassals for free opinion increase and more children) Currently, I have the dilemma of trying to ensure that a female child will inherit so that I can continue doing this. I'm torn between just continuing to try to make my sons inelligible by making them take holy vows or somehow getting them killed or downloading a mod that lets me assassinate them.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8027 on: June 24, 2015, 03:35:59 pm »

...But rises again, stronger and... Bulgarian?!
Love, scriver~

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8028 on: June 24, 2015, 03:52:27 pm »

*Bulgarian-er
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8029 on: June 24, 2015, 04:12:51 pm »

I'm currently playing as the slut Queen of England (seducing all of my vassals for free opinion increase and more children) Currently, I have the dilemma of trying to ensure that a female child will inherit so that I can continue doing this. I'm torn between just continuing to try to make my sons inelligible by making them take holy vows or somehow getting them killed or downloading a mod that lets me assassinate them.

If the female child is the eldest, you can sneakycheat by setting your culture to basque, changing the succession law to pure cognatic, and changing back to english.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8030 on: June 24, 2015, 04:34:19 pm »

Cathar and Messalian heresies also work to allow absolute cognatic, letting the proud dynasty of the slut queens of England rule supreme

...But rises again, stronger and... Bulgarian?!
Such is life STALKER. You wake up, go to sleep, get killed by Greeks, and the next time you awaken from slumber you are Bulgarian

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8031 on: June 24, 2015, 07:47:27 pm »

How exactly would a catholic queen convert to Cathar? I've just started paying attention to the relgion aspect, but can't find instructions on the CK II wiki.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Retired/Extended Sigs

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #8032 on: June 24, 2015, 07:51:40 pm »

How exactly would a catholic queen convert to Cathar? I've just started paying attention to the relgion aspect, but can't find instructions on the CK II wiki.
You have to either be asked by a vassal, or maybe have your capital in a Cathar controlled province and use a decision, though that might only work for cultures or completely separate religions based on how much I'm misremembering.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8033 on: June 24, 2015, 08:22:49 pm »

Decision also requires SoA, I think, but the event that fires for living in a heretical province has no such restriction due to being an old core event.  Cynicism and a low Moral Authority (MA) for the original faith are a huge benefit here, especially since the lowest the MTTH will go is around 50 months.  Befriending a Cathar heretic also lets them try to convert you.  Driving the MA low will help the outbreak of heresies.  To weaken Catholicism, do stuff like creating Antipopes (-30%), installing an Immoral character as Pope (-10%), lose a Crusade or three (-10% each) or prepared invasions (-5% each).  Defying the Pope, expelling Holy Orders, and letting temple holdings get looted by raiders will also weaken Catholicism. 

Also, since you asked about the wiki, ping.  A bit more detailed information there.  ^_^

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8034 on: June 24, 2015, 08:31:02 pm »

You can also marry a Cathar. Spouses/concubines let you switch to almost any religion, if you can manage to find one of the religion/heresy you want.

Next game, I think I'm gonna play Vikings and turn them to a heresy, then convert the rest of the Norse.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8035 on: June 24, 2015, 08:34:44 pm »

Thanks
Retired/Extended Sigs

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8036 on: June 24, 2015, 09:58:47 pm »

Eh, I think I'll stick to making the males inelligible/dead. It's actually quite fun!

EDIT: Lol, That exact thing literally just happened. My chaplain came up and asked me to convert to Cathar. Unfortunately, I've already changed the law to agnatic-cognatic, so I'll need to convert my daughters and have one of them do it, but that's much easier.

EDIT 2: Damn! I just won a crusade for Jerusalem! I didn't known I'd get it if I won. 2 seconds later, a Muslim caliph announces his intention to take Jerusalem right back, so I ditched it on one of my vassals so I don't need to deal with it. The 7000 prestige and 2000 piety was nice, though.

And the Holy Roman Empire (my ally!) declared war on me, but I managed to fend it off with 5,000 soldiers, although my character died during the war, being replaced by her first daughter, who is also Cathar. I'm having trouble keeping control, but my reign of tyranny has kept 2 revolts and 1 rebellion in check. Soon, I'll change my focus to seduction and fix my vassal's opinions of me.

The reign of the Slut Queen of England (+ Wales) continues!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 11:04:02 pm by Quartz_Mace »
Retired/Extended Sigs

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8037 on: June 25, 2015, 12:46:56 am »

Does anyone know how to convert an HIP game into EUIV? Cause I have apretty successful Duchy (Kingdom Level though) of Saxony in the HRE.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8038 on: June 25, 2015, 01:28:13 am »

Eh, I think I'll stick to making the males inelligible/dead. It's actually quite fun!

EDIT: Lol, That exact thing literally just happened. My chaplain came up and asked me to convert to Cathar. Unfortunately, I've already changed the law to agnatic-cognatic, so I'll need to convert my daughters and have one of them do it, but that's much easier.

EDIT 2: Damn! I just won a crusade for Jerusalem! I didn't known I'd get it if I won. 2 seconds later, a Muslim caliph announces his intention to take Jerusalem right back, so I ditched it on one of my vassals so I don't need to deal with it. The 7000 prestige and 2000 piety was nice, though.

And the Holy Roman Empire (my ally!) declared war on me, but I managed to fend it off with 5,000 soldiers, although my character died during the war, being replaced by her first daughter, who is also Cathar. I'm having trouble keeping control, but my reign of tyranny has kept 2 revolts and 1 rebellion in check. Soon, I'll change my focus to seduction and fix my vassal's opinions of me.

Since you're Cathar now, you should name all future females Catharine.  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #8039 on: June 25, 2015, 06:44:11 am »

Since you're Cathar now, you should name all future females Catharine.  :P
Althistory books go like this: "And so in the year [year] "The Slut Queen" Catharine gave birth to the woman who would be known as "The Slut Queen" Catharine x100"
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 534 535 [536] 537 538 ... 1002