Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 536 537 [538] 539 540 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 1990187 times)

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #8055 on: June 27, 2015, 12:54:45 am »

Yeah, I've seen siege events - no events firing when this happens.

And definitely not attrition, or at least not displayed as attrition. No skull shown, 0% attrition when I look at the number. And the men are almost all my own troops, since I'm tribal and haven't gotten high enough organization to make them give me levies yet.

It's really weird. It's acting as if I'm either experiencing attrition or assaulting the provinces I'm hitting. It never seems to hit the enemy - I had a 7000 man raider stack land on my kingdom and they just marched around raiding everything, never dropping below like 6500. Whereas my army had recently been decimated raiding and I only had 5000 men left and couldn't stop them.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8056 on: June 27, 2015, 01:04:47 am »

Tribal? Could be zealots/warrior fleeing because you're not at war?

Rolan: I'd advice against cheating. It'll rob you of your sense of achievement for what is one of the thoughest start in the game. You're Christian right? Why don't you try to marry into an alliance with the Byzantine?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8057 on: June 27, 2015, 01:39:50 am »

Rolan: I'd advice against cheating. It'll rob you of your sense of achievement for what is one of the thoughest start in the game. You're Christian right? Why don't you try to marry into an alliance with the Byzantine?

Or... y'know... do what you want, because single player games.

I recently threw my emperor in prison in order to become independent, so I could create a new kingdom, then revassalized myself. Didn't bother me that much.

Edit: That reminds me, I cheated the empire title into existence in the first place. Dude wouldn't create an emperor title, even when he had sufficient money, piety, and no other titles to make. Just utterly refused to do it, so I just consoled it onto him. Also didn't bother me that much. (Why didn't they give that kind of quality AI to the Abbasids, anyway...)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 01:56:13 am by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8058 on: June 27, 2015, 03:26:49 am »

Tribal? Could be zealots/warrior fleeing because you're not at war?

Okay good to know that it's a rough start.  I uh...  guess I'm Christian?  As a heresy of Miaphysite?  Dunno if that's enough to marry, but I'll check tomorrow morning.  I'm really close to graduating from heresy status in case that makes it work (Byzantine emperor might be an Iconoclast heretic, for that matter). 

I would much prefer to win this without cheating, but I've talked myself into believing it's justified...  Stupid broken decadence.  Crazy free kingdom-invasion which gives all subjugated vassals +75 relations so they can be insta-converted.  This particular run is more for fun than challenge, hence the lack of ironman and the use of Better Gender Laws.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8059 on: June 27, 2015, 03:58:26 am »

Hehe, it took me four tries to establish the Empire of Semien, so yeah, that corner is hell if you don't ally the Byzantine or some other big dog.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8060 on: June 27, 2015, 05:36:48 am »

Anyone else always feel like they're just waiting for the next expansions to come out? :(

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8061 on: June 27, 2015, 11:00:02 am »

am playing...but not as much as usual...when I know a new expansion is coming I usually slow down to not burn myself out on the game so I can enjoy the new mechanics

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8062 on: June 27, 2015, 12:19:13 pm »

So I found this screenshot in the release date announcement (14/July) and it is pretty interesting concerning government types. From it we can see Feudal, Nomad, Tribal, Iqta, Republic and what is probably Theocracy. I didn't know Iqta was actually considered a different government from feudal.

Spoiler: The Screenshot (click to show/hide)
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8063 on: June 27, 2015, 12:41:18 pm »

Of course it is, Iqta can hold bishoprics as well as castles.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8064 on: June 27, 2015, 02:20:20 pm »

Of course it is, Iqta can hold bishoprics as well as castles.
I was under the impression it was a feature of Islam and not an actual government. Though I guess converting if you are feudal must also flip your government type.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8065 on: June 27, 2015, 05:58:47 pm »

Go home latins, Byzantine galleys folded a gorillion times carry a billion^billion men and fire greek fire at the speed of sound

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8066 on: June 27, 2015, 06:16:12 pm »

Ever wonder why the Aztecs never bothered conquering Europe? That's right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined Byzantines and their galleys of destruction.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8067 on: June 27, 2015, 08:03:51 pm »

Fun fact: AI cheats. A surprising amount, actually. In addition to never having mercs disband, even when in debt, I've had them do things like, in my most recent game, transport 5000+ men on 36 boats. Fucking Byzantines making TARDIS boats.
Doesn't surprise me, EUIV AI cheats too.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8068 on: June 27, 2015, 08:22:46 pm »

No, a single galley carries 100 men, regardless of whether it's 1 stack of 100 or 100 stacks of 1. 36 boats should carry 3600 max.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #8069 on: June 27, 2015, 08:52:13 pm »

Some mods change the number of soldiers each boat can hold. I think HIP makes it 200? Are you running any mods?

So... how common is it for Crusades to be triggered by, say, successful Jihads for Anatolia, only for the Pope to turn around and declare a Crusade for some random unrelated place, like Hungary? I don't usually play long enough for Crusades to trigger.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 536 537 [538] 539 540 ... 1002