Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 537 538 [539] 540 541 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 1990085 times)

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #8070 on: June 27, 2015, 09:48:16 pm »

No, a single galley carries 100 men, regardless of whether it's 1 stack of 100 or 100 stacks of 1. 36 boats should carry 3600 max.

That does not seem right.
It is. 100 men per boat. Retinues in ship dont reinforce.

Also, crusades for hungary can be pretty frequent. It's usually the first one. Successful early Anatolia Jihad is more rare (Jihad are generally in reaction to some crusade).

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #8071 on: June 27, 2015, 10:07:44 pm »

Tribal? Could be zealots/warrior fleeing because you're not at war?

Nope, all the men were from my own demesne.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8072 on: June 28, 2015, 12:59:16 am »

If you're still low enough authority that your tribal vassals's troops are considered allied levies rather than feudal levies (i.e. blue rather than green and you can't control them), I've noticed this as well. There's a couple of explanations:

1. The vassal died, and the AI heir isn't technically part of your war/raid.
2. There may be a time limit on how long vassals will remain part of the raid before calling their troops home. Frequently I would notice this, and discover that I could call my allies to war again, meaning that their troops hadn't been with me.
3. Not sure of the mechanics, but it may be that after a successful raid, the AI considers the raid complete and disbands its troops.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8073 on: June 28, 2015, 01:12:20 am »

Okay, I don't get Republic inheritance rules. ALL my titles went to the Doge? Last time I lost the Republic I kept most of them!

Also, fuck the AI and its possibility to straight-out steal your trade poste without you being able to do anything about it.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8074 on: June 28, 2015, 01:36:39 am »

Okay, I don't get Republic inheritance rules. ALL my titles went to the Doge? Last time I lost the Republic I kept most of them!

Also, fuck the AI and its possibility to straight-out steal your trade poste without you being able to do anything about it.
Thats one of the reasons I dislike the HRE/elective, if you arent voted back in, you lose your lands to the new emporer/dynasty.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8075 on: June 28, 2015, 04:01:33 am »

I think losing your trade posts during inheritance is a bug. In fact, I'm fairly certain that it is.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8076 on: June 28, 2015, 04:08:36 am »

Oh, no, I didn't loose it during inheritance, it's just that the new Doge was like "LOLMAO, I'm gonna take those trade posts!" and I couldn't even rebel or anything.

Jeez, I though relaxing a bit and playing the republic game instead of just piling enough money to always keep the title would be fun... I even spent a few years handing out Kingdom titles to all the other families to make them able to hold the main title.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8077 on: June 28, 2015, 05:09:27 am »

I dislike playing as a republic for that reason...its too easy to accidentally slip up and lose everything all of a sudden

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8078 on: June 28, 2015, 08:23:04 am »

It would make more sense for there to be a split up between "Republic Lands" and "Family Lands", with you only being able to hold so many in your family before you reach a limit and needing to give some to the Crown, so to speak.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #8079 on: June 28, 2015, 11:10:19 am »

I dislike playing as a republic for that reason...its too easy to accidentally slip up and lose everything all of a sudden
This applies to literally everything in CK2...
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #8080 on: June 28, 2015, 12:55:52 pm »

If you're still low enough authority that your tribal vassals's troops are considered allied levies rather than feudal levies (i.e. blue rather than green and you can't control them), I've noticed this as well. There's a couple of explanations:

1. The vassal died, and the AI heir isn't technically part of your war/raid.
2. There may be a time limit on how long vassals will remain part of the raid before calling their troops home. Frequently I would notice this, and discover that I could call my allies to war again, meaning that their troops hadn't been with me.
3. Not sure of the mechanics, but it may be that after a successful raid, the AI considers the raid complete and disbands its troops.

By my troops from my demesne I mean completely in my control raised from my personal holdings. They aren't going home, they're dying horribly for no apparent reason. No events, fighting, disease, or attrition. Just dropping dead because raiding is strenuous apparently. It's weird because nobody else seems to notice it in their game and it isn't happening to the ai. It happened in a multiplayer game and the other guy I was raiding was like "what happened to your army lol" when 8000 men dropped dead over 6 months. It's only getting me in heavily developed areas. Is there some kind of anti theft feature in high levels of fortification? Lol. It's like I'm assaulting but without the quick win. I'd probably lose less men in an assault.

Is there some bug applying casualties to the wrong army? Each time it happened there have been wars and battles going on nearby.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 12:58:12 pm by Paul »
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8082 on: June 28, 2015, 02:05:49 pm »

You shouldn't hop into a conversation and be a smart-ass like that, without reading what's already been said (three times already). It's unbecoming of you.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8083 on: June 28, 2015, 02:14:30 pm »

Duel for honour

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8084 on: June 28, 2015, 02:31:44 pm »

Does CKII have siege attrition that it doesn't mention? Or do sometimes the random siege events not show up?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 537 538 [539] 540 541 ... 1002