Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 567 568 [569] 570 571 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2011484 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #8520 on: July 21, 2015, 05:49:27 pm »

I suggest seducing your enemies so they like you too much to attack you. It may be wise to start with the pope so he can't call a crusade on you (assuming he can do that.)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8521 on: July 21, 2015, 05:55:10 pm »

Don't get your hopes up. There are some very amusing events that happen but most of them take place as a kid.

It's mostly the same as any other ruler except everyone hates you, you have great stats, and three superwomen.
And you can regenerate from any disease or injury, and you have free access to Heresy, and you can go around doing the work of your father below.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8522 on: July 21, 2015, 05:57:44 pm »

I suggest seducing your enemies so they like you too much to attack you. It may be wise to start with the pope so he can't call a crusade on you (assuming he can do that.)

The antichrist's father mended the schism, the pope is basically powerless now since Rome is in my hands and Catholicism is a heresy of Orthodoxy now.  :D

If I can win my civil wars my plans are to 1) go on a pilgrimage and 2) seduce all the people and repeal a few titles.

EDIT: So... I've lost two counties to de jure wars, lowered crown authority to minimum to end a civil war, am still fighting an independence faction and am now fighting a holy war to protect Antioch.

I can't help but feel that if I had gotten more than a mere 1k event troops the whole antichrist thing wouldn't have gone so disastrously.  :(
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 06:39:15 pm by Grim Portent »
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8523 on: July 21, 2015, 08:50:50 pm »

Something weird just happened in my newly-started run. Karl (Charlemagne) was killed in battle... by Karl Karling. Clicking the red skull confirms he somehow fought himself in battle. It is also the first time I've ever seen Karloman outlive his brother without player intervention.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #8524 on: July 21, 2015, 08:51:59 pm »

Some woman just killed my wife after I executed her husband.

I'm not sure how I feel about this.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8525 on: July 21, 2015, 08:57:37 pm »

Don't marry her

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8526 on: July 21, 2015, 09:15:17 pm »

The antichrist's father mended the schism, the pope is basically powerless now since Rome is in my hands and Catholicism is a heresy of Orthodoxy now.  :D

If I can win my civil wars my plans are to 1) go on a pilgrimage and 2) seduce all the people and repeal a few titles.

EDIT: So... I've lost two counties to de jure wars, lowered crown authority to minimum to end a civil war, am still fighting an independence faction and am now fighting a holy war to protect Antioch.

I can't help but feel that if I had gotten more than a mere 1k event troops the whole antichrist thing wouldn't have gone so disastrously.  :(
Told you. :P

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8527 on: July 21, 2015, 09:24:24 pm »

marry her
FTFY
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #8528 on: July 21, 2015, 11:56:22 pm »

I read this as she killed your wife after you executed your wife's husband. I.E. yourself.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8529 on: July 22, 2015, 04:25:45 am »

marry her
FTFY
You think that's a good idea now but then she starts putting snakes in your bed

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8530 on: July 22, 2015, 04:40:00 am »

marry her
FTFY
You think that's a good idea now but then she starts putting snakes in your bed
But your bed is also her bed so it's kinda symbolic.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #8531 on: July 22, 2015, 05:15:25 am »

I want these motherfucking snakes out of my motherfucking bed?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8532 on: July 22, 2015, 05:18:51 am »

No no no. You want the snakes in your bed. It's symbolic of marriage. Or love. Or pregnancy. Or maybe it's just snakes....

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8533 on: July 22, 2015, 06:08:46 am »

Soooo...if you have the attractive trait and female courtiers, eventually one will get this "He is the one for me" thing which will end up with her having a serious crush on your character and will decide to assassinate your wife in childbirth, to leave you wifeless and childless, and then seduce you with promises of having children.

Also, has anyone done the opposite of the Antichrist deal? Cuz I think I remember if you had more heavenly virtues and the possessed? trait, the one trait that convinces people you're the anti-christ, you instead hear the voice of Jesus or something and become the Anti-Anti-Christ.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8534 on: July 22, 2015, 06:10:21 am »

I mean, snakes are a symbol of seduction and penis, not really any of those things. Snakes are ipso facto not symbols of snakes unless we accept an understanding of the universe where things are allowed to be symbols of themselves, but without any demarcation that would mean that everything is a symbol of itself, which would make symbolism tautological. In addition, we can take it as meaning that nothing is really capable of "being", because it can only be a symbol of the being it represents and...and...

So, how about that xwedodah?

Soooo...if you have the attractive trait and female courtiers, eventually one will get this "He is the one for me" thing which will end up with her having a serious crush on your character and will decide to assassinate your wife in childbirth, to leave you wifeless and childless, and then seduce you with promises of having children.

Also, has anyone done the opposite of the Antichrist deal? Cuz I think I remember if you had more heavenly virtues and the possessed? trait, the one trait that convinces people you're the anti-christ, you instead hear the voice of Jesus or something and become the Anti-Anti-Christ.
The long forgotten annals of Crusader Kings I had a Christ Returned event chain for schizophrenics, but otherwise voice of Jesus and Jesus gives military advice are on their own and have no greater nature like the antichrist chain.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 06:12:23 am by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 567 568 [569] 570 571 ... 1002