Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 568 569 [570] 571 572 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2008454 times)

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #8535 on: July 22, 2015, 06:43:49 am »

The antichrist has passed away a mere 5 years after ascending to the throne at age 65, still embroiled in war, though with the tide finally turned against her aggressors.

Her son, tutored by her father the Great Emperor Gabriel, now takes the throne.

While I'm a bit annoyed at not getting to go on a pilgrimage as the antichrist at least now I can get back to rebuilding the Roman Empire in a timely fashion.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8536 on: July 22, 2015, 07:46:39 am »

Two things are needed with that antichrist chain. One: you should be able to found your own religion and eventually conquer the world in the name of Satan. Two: immortality via occasional child murder/consumption.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8537 on: July 22, 2015, 07:49:25 am »

If you consider the free Heresy to be a secretly Satanic religion then the first is already true.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8538 on: July 22, 2015, 08:06:47 am »

Nah, needs its own mechanics and everything.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8539 on: July 22, 2015, 08:16:55 am »

>Religion
>Mechanics
>Paradox Interactive
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8540 on: July 22, 2015, 08:17:41 am »

So, how about that xwedodah?

It's absolutely wonderful so long as you don't mind your rulers having a permament -1 to diplomancy from being born by a concubine or a five-fold increase of being insane. Also the Abbasids and Samanids coming in to absolutely wreck your shit whenever they feel like it. Definitely not bitter about that.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8541 on: July 22, 2015, 08:24:40 am »

>Religion
>Mechanics
>Paradox Interactive

I know right? Damnit paradox, you've already offended the bear-peoples of the world just give us in-depth religion mechanics already.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8542 on: July 22, 2015, 10:14:42 am »

The antichrist has passed away a mere 5 years after ascending to the throne at age 65, still embroiled in war, though with the tide finally turned against her aggressors.

Her son, tutored by her father the Great Emperor Gabriel, now takes the throne.

While I'm a bit annoyed at not getting to go on a pilgrimage as the antichrist at least now I can get back to rebuilding the Roman Empire in a timely fashion.
Now convert to pagan so you can fight Cthulhu, then make sure you heir has an altaic culture for Wolf's Blood. I think that's all other antichrist-level events.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8543 on: July 22, 2015, 10:19:18 am »

As a Cathar I found a bottomless pit full of screaming lost souls and hellfire
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's kinda funny since Cathars believed Hell was just life on Earth
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8544 on: July 22, 2015, 10:22:17 am »

As a Cathar I found a bottomless pit full of screaming lost souls and hellfire
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's kinda funny since Cathars believed Hell was just life on Earth
Right. I forgot that one. That one is always fun. Last time I got it, I had my character pray hard enough it went away.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8545 on: July 22, 2015, 01:05:31 pm »

Do you need to be independent as a tribe to found a merchant republic? I swore fealty to Scotland and the decision to form one is just... gone. It's vanished off the face of the earth.
Yeah. Pretty sure you need to be independent as a tribe to upgrade at all, unless it is to upgrade to your liege's type.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8546 on: July 22, 2015, 01:19:21 pm »

Also, has anyone done the opposite of the Antichrist deal? Cuz I think I remember if you had more heavenly virtues and the possessed? trait, the one trait that convinces people you're the anti-christ, you instead hear the voice of Jesus or something and become the Anti-Anti-Christ.

I married two courtiers together, a Voice of Jesus man to a Voice of Satan woman.  Satan outlived Jesus by about twenty years.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8547 on: July 22, 2015, 03:38:48 pm »

I decided to start a Nomad game. As a Cathar Khagan. As a female Cathar Khagan. Sadly, nomad succession is limited to Agnatic, but at least for one generation, Khutulun will strike fear into the hearts of her enemies!

I also tried a game as the actual Temujin before the Mongols bookmark - he starts in the corner of the map. I was having a great time... until an event which brought an off-map Genghis to invade me. He then promptly settled and left the Mongol Empire title behind again after a few conquests - is this only a problem in my games, because I couldn't find anything on the forums? The Mongols should not settle a few years into their conquests and sit twiddling their thumbs for the rest of the game.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8548 on: July 22, 2015, 03:59:21 pm »

They like settling, it doesn't make much sense. The khagan of Khazaria settled twice before the title ended up in my hands.

It turns out there's no cooldown to the overpopulation invasion. Presumably they expect you to gain new lands, raising your max population... but I just used it to declare war on every independent state in India in one day while the game was paused. 8 years later and I'm just finishing up all the wars, and well on my way to pillaging the areas first conquered.

Also, the freakin' holy orders keep building castles in my lands, which makes me have to go back and pillage them -- this is annoying.

Edit: So I saved my game, loaded it up, and now the game's forgotten that I'm a nomad. That's neat, I guess?
Edit 2: Revoking the holy order titles causes you to stop being nomad on save load. Delightful.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 05:54:25 pm by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8549 on: July 22, 2015, 04:03:39 pm »

Pff, that's great.  I love this game, particularly the active development.  I'm not sure what's more fun, the patch logs or the community's inventive use of new mechanics.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 568 569 [570] 571 572 ... 1002