Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 611 612 [613] 614 615 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 1990008 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #9180 on: November 19, 2015, 12:51:56 am »

<insert obligatory Catherine the Great joke>

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9181 on: November 19, 2015, 10:32:03 am »

"strong enough for a man.  but made just for you"
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #9182 on: November 21, 2015, 07:22:18 am »

OK, Vipir the Depressed Necrolord has managed to suicide-attempt himself into utter uselessness (Infirm AND Incapable) and also somehow throw HIMSELF into the Oubliette when a random countess tried to seduce her way out of jail (to be fair, he IS Insane as well).

I need to get a Controlled Ruler Demolition going somehow to get a decent successor and not fracture everything into statelets (since it's Gavelkind that long since went for the Primogeniture-with-no-children clause and there are factions running I can no longer easily dismantle).

So, how to get myself killed in Elder Kings, while I'm pretty much unable to leave the bed?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9183 on: November 21, 2015, 06:00:27 pm »

Summon the prince of the daemon realms?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9184 on: November 27, 2015, 11:43:38 am »

There's finally been a dev diary with actual gameplay change info.

In short, shattered retreat was explained (peasant rebels do not use it, though, merely vanishing instead), levies will reinforce if they are at their home province, how casualties are calculated have been changed (to avoid abnormally high death rates), and, perhaps most importantly, mongol AI has been changed to make them nightmarish once more.

Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #9185 on: November 27, 2015, 12:23:46 pm »

Missed the post - no can do, Incapable fucks with doing anything at all.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9186 on: November 27, 2015, 01:44:01 pm »

Reinforcing levies? All of my yes. Just need outpost counties near the enemy...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9187 on: November 28, 2015, 10:59:17 am »

aw yis, doom mongols

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9188 on: November 28, 2015, 11:02:44 am »

Doom byzantine?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #9189 on: November 28, 2015, 01:03:32 pm »

aw yis, doom mongols
Eh, it's not Doom Mongols, it's just Mongols who won't decide all that rape and pillage is getting old for them in their 50s. It's just an AI change to make them drop the negative concerns for invading that made no sense for THEM BEING A FUCKING MONGOL HORDE.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9190 on: November 28, 2015, 01:07:35 pm »

Missed the post - no can do, Incapable fucks with doing anything at all.
Imprison powerful unhappy vassal?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9191 on: November 28, 2015, 09:04:05 pm »

Is the Dutch retinue any good?
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9192 on: November 29, 2015, 12:11:50 am »

There was a full analysis done not too long ago.  Dutch retinues, when mixed with generic archers, are apparently on a similar level with the Scots, Arabs, and Italians (who go pure).  It makes sense; a mix of Light Infantry and Pikemen leavens out the powerful archer-based retinues for Shieldwalls and Feints (especially with the latter, which does not affect Pikemen) while still maintaining decent odds of a Volley. 
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 12:16:42 am by Culise »

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9193 on: November 29, 2015, 12:18:16 pm »

OK, Vipir the Depressed Necrolord has managed to suicide-attempt himself into utter uselessness (Infirm AND Incapable) and also somehow throw HIMSELF into the Oubliette when a random countess tried to seduce her way out of jail (to be fair, he IS Insane as well).

I need to get a Controlled Ruler Demolition going somehow to get a decent successor and not fracture everything into statelets (since it's Gavelkind that long since went for the Primogeniture-with-no-children clause and there are factions running I can no longer easily dismantle).

So, how to get myself killed in Elder Kings, while I'm pretty much unable to leave the bed?
So you're

• undead
  • insane
  • In a coma
  • Senile
  • Suicidal
  • Stuck in a hole
  • Immortal
  • Vulnerable to the wiles of human women

You are the protagonist of an anime, sir.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #9194 on: November 29, 2015, 01:11:49 pm »

So you're

• undead
  • insane
  • In a coma
  • Senile
  • Suicidal
  • Stuck in a hole
  • Immortal
  • Vulnerable to the wiles of human women

You are the protagonist of an anime, sir.
ROFL.

Not quite accurate, though - he's not undead (it probably would have helped, actually. Oh well.) and the countess tried to seduce the guard, not me. I've just been running a SkySi surveillance state so I quickly figured it out. He definitely is a dirty (technically, he looks thirtysomething and is buff and attractive) old man, just in a way more, uh, befitting his religion.

Because I'm not sure I mentioned - he's also a Molag Bal cultist, having gone through a bunch of other Daedra cults.
Pages: 1 ... 611 612 [613] 614 615 ... 1002