Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 615 616 [617] 618 619 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 1990708 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #9240 on: December 13, 2015, 03:09:31 am »

I recall Empire Earth, where it was actually possible to go from Caveman to Roboman in a real-time environment.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #9241 on: December 13, 2015, 03:25:53 am »

I remember that one too. It was more similar to Age Of Empires than anything, tho. Even less "grand-scaley" than Rise of Nations. It was basically only about gathering resources, making units, researching better variations of the same thing (maybe except when things like guns and so pop up) and wrecking enemy base.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9242 on: December 13, 2015, 12:06:31 pm »

So I've decided try the Gehemnisnacht mod, and I'm honestly not sure where to begin with it.

I tried playing a Tzeentch chaos warrior up in the wastes initially to try and get to grips with the changes from Vanilla, then tried a Beastman for a serious play before realising they can't actually conquer new land properly, just leave tons of duchy sized spin off states whenever they conquer anyone.

Thinking I might try playing an Empire lord and trying my hand at spreading heresy through the lands, consorting with beasts and monsters and ravaging the heartlands of the Empire in preparation for the rule of Chaos.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9243 on: December 13, 2015, 01:30:58 pm »

The EU4ening is upon us. Repent.
Worst thing is, it's the most terrible features of EU4. But I guess the Silk Road took the last feature that they didn't have in common that wasn't, already.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9244 on: December 13, 2015, 02:13:34 pm »

The EU4ening is upon us. Repent.
Worst thing is, it's the most terrible features of EU4.
There was someone in the announcement thread asking why they didn't just make outsiders able to support faction demands. That would be annoying but much more interesting.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9245 on: December 13, 2015, 03:50:23 pm »

Throw in the possibility to control every unit in battle like in Men Of War or something, and you literally have the game to end all games.
Also game to end all disk space.
Also have it progress through the ages, so you start off being I dunno, some nobody Socotran count stuck in Mali and by the end of it all are paradox interactering in a space colony

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9246 on: December 13, 2015, 07:15:16 pm »

Throw in the possibility to control every unit in battle like in Men Of War or something, and you literally have the game to end all games.
Also have it progress through the ages, so you start off being I dunno, some nobody Socotran count stuck in Mali and by the end of it all are paradox interactering in a space colony
Actually, you should start out in a Cave wielding stone tools, but yeah awesome!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9247 on: December 13, 2015, 07:42:38 pm »

Actually, you should start out in a Cave wielding stone tools, but yeah awesome!
Start out before tribes have even formed as a line of hunter-gatherers, settle down and reform into a feudal society or get civilized by Egyptians, Persians, Indians, Chinese or Greco-Romans and then progress onwards until the fall of Rome with barbarians and then into ck2 timeline
Increase potential game time from 1,400 years to 60,000 years

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #9248 on: December 13, 2015, 07:44:20 pm »

Start out before tribes have even formed as a line of hunter-gatherers, settle down and reform into a feudal society or get civilized by Egyptians, Persians, Indians, Chinese or Greco-Romans and then progress onwards until the fall of Rome with barbarians and then into ck2 timeline
The "hunter-gatherer" phase would be totally the fastest one though. Also the whole game would take so damn long time.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9249 on: December 13, 2015, 07:45:34 pm »

Start as a mass of undifferentiated cells in the oceans before the evolution of complex lifeforms, evolve into humans over time then develop society.

Increases playtime to at least 2 billion years.  :P (Also would probably be a better Spore than Spore was.)
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #9250 on: December 13, 2015, 07:46:22 pm »

Primordial soup grand strategy game.
Fund it.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9251 on: December 13, 2015, 07:54:25 pm »

Start as a mass of undifferentiated cells in the oceans before the evolution of complex lifeforms, evolve into humans over time then develop society.

Increases playtime to at least 2 billion years.  :P (Also would probably be a better Spore than Spore was.)
What spore was meant to be ;-;

Fund it.
It'd be amazing if refusing to reform your primordial soup into feudal symbiosis or multicellular organisms was a viable strategy, so you could play for billions of years and end up with the scenario where Nazi Germany and the mutable volcano pool wage war on the slime collective and the Holy Roman French Republic of Israeli West African reformed paganism

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #9252 on: December 13, 2015, 08:00:14 pm »

What spore was meant to be ;-;
I belive it never even tried to be life simulator, just an arcadey game that could sell in modern times. But instead we got broken hopes and tears.
Fund it.
It'd be amazing if refusing to reform your primordial soup into feudal symbiosis or multicellular organisms was a viable strategy, so you could play for billions of years and end up with the scenario where Nazi Germany and the mutable volcano pool wage war on the slime collective and the Holy Roman French Republic of Israeli West African reformed paganism
Only the Aryan cells will be allowed to survive. Irradiate the rest.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9253 on: December 13, 2015, 08:25:14 pm »

The Arthropod people shall destroy the endo-skeletoned ones!
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9254 on: December 13, 2015, 08:35:38 pm »

Bugger that; sentient dinosaur people.

Perhaps even silicon-based lifeforms! Eliminate the unclean carbon infidels!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 615 616 [617] 618 619 ... 1002