Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 635 636 [637] 638 639 ... 1011

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 1101066 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #9540 on: December 13, 2015, 07:15:16 pm »

Throw in the possibility to control every unit in battle like in Men Of War or something, and you literally have the game to end all games.
Also game to end all disk space.
Also have it progress through the ages, so you start off being I dunno, some nobody Socotran count stuck in Mali and by the end of it all are paradox interactering in a space colony
Actually, you should start out in a Cave wielding stone tools, but yeah awesome!
I think the word you were looking for is "monster".

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9541 on: December 13, 2015, 07:42:38 pm »

Throw in the possibility to control every unit in battle like in Men Of War or something, and you literally have the game to end all games.
Also have it progress through the ages, so you start off being I dunno, some nobody Socotran count stuck in Mali and by the end of it all are paradox interactering in a space colony
Actually, you should start out in a Cave wielding stone tools, but yeah awesome!
Start out before tribes have even formed as a line of hunter-gatherers, settle down and reform into a feudal society or get civilized by Egyptians, Persians, Indians, Chinese or Greco-Romans and then progress onwards until the fall of Rome with barbarians and then into ck2 timeline
Increase potential game time from 1,400 years to 60,000 years

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #9542 on: December 13, 2015, 07:44:20 pm »

Start out before tribes have even formed as a line of hunter-gatherers, settle down and reform into a feudal society or get civilized by Egyptians, Persians, Indians, Chinese or Greco-Romans and then progress onwards until the fall of Rome with barbarians and then into ck2 timeline
The "hunter-gatherer" phase would be totally the fastest one though. Also the whole game would take so damn long time.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9543 on: December 13, 2015, 07:45:34 pm »

Start as a mass of undifferentiated cells in the oceans before the evolution of complex lifeforms, evolve into humans over time then develop society.

Increases playtime to at least 2 billion years.  :P (Also would probably be a better Spore than Spore was.)
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #9544 on: December 13, 2015, 07:46:22 pm »

Primordial soup grand strategy game.
Fund it.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9545 on: December 13, 2015, 07:54:25 pm »

Start as a mass of undifferentiated cells in the oceans before the evolution of complex lifeforms, evolve into humans over time then develop society.

Increases playtime to at least 2 billion years.  :P (Also would probably be a better Spore than Spore was.)
What spore was meant to be ;-;

Fund it.
It'd be amazing if refusing to reform your primordial soup into feudal symbiosis or multicellular organisms was a viable strategy, so you could play for billions of years and end up with the scenario where Nazi Germany and the mutable volcano pool wage war on the slime collective and the Holy Roman French Republic of Israeli West African reformed paganism

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #9546 on: December 13, 2015, 08:00:14 pm »

I belive it never even tried to be life simulator, just an arcadey game that could sell in modern times. But instead we got broken hopes and tears.
Fund it.
It'd be amazing if refusing to reform your primordial soup into feudal symbiosis or multicellular organisms was a viable strategy, so you could play for billions of years and end up with the scenario where Nazi Germany and the mutable volcano pool wage war on the slime collective and the Holy Roman French Republic of Israeli West African reformed paganism
Only the Aryan cells will be allowed to survive. Irradiate the rest.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9547 on: December 13, 2015, 08:25:14 pm »

The Arthropod people shall destroy the endo-skeletoned ones!
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • Itís shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9548 on: December 13, 2015, 08:35:38 pm »

Bugger that; sentient dinosaur people.

Perhaps even silicon-based lifeforms! Eliminate the unclean carbon infidels!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #9549 on: December 13, 2015, 08:38:43 pm »

What about sentient gas clouds living off star farts.
Basically C'Tan.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9550 on: December 13, 2015, 08:43:49 pm »

But somehow the Abbasid Ottoman Mongol English will still take over everything.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • Itís shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9551 on: December 13, 2015, 08:57:30 pm »

Abbasids have been kind-of (they still exist in Persia and the bit between Arabia and India, non-inclusive) replaced by the Mubarakids in my most recent game.

It's amusing that they declare Jihad on the Byzantines, usually win, then the Catholics usually declare a Crusade for the bits they win (unless I demand other bits in Africa/Middle East instead) so Constantinople is now Scottish Catholic.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #9552 on: December 13, 2015, 09:33:45 pm »

Fund it.
Once in Spore I completed the cell stage with some ugly basic parasites (was trying to evolve as little as possible).
"Okay now give your creature legs!"
"What if I... don't?"

My race of blobs with parasitic needle-snouts wriggled their way through the animal stage...  about 3 feet off the ground.  I died a *lot*, which just made them nastier when they got to space.  (I think I added poison dart launchers to get through the stage)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #9553 on: December 13, 2015, 09:37:36 pm »

Spore wasn't exactly what we wanted but it was quite fun if you forgot what it could be.
I remember gliding for really long distances from the volcanoes. It was kinda fun.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9554 on: December 13, 2015, 10:28:50 pm »

-Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships
-OP naval units full of horsearcher longbowmen and cannons can navigate the land
-Controls the protestant Caliphate of Rome
-Decadence revolts just give them more troops
-Periodically hemorrhages Norman and Turkish raiders into neighbours
-Is eternally protected from assassins by plethora of elusive nubile wives
-Gets jizya money from infidels but also gets more money from everyone else anyways because they own the Confucian Patriarch of Constantinople
-Will always go through all the good revolutions like the industrial or green revolutions before you
-All other revolutions just make them more powerful
-The sun never sets on the Empire because the great AEME amalgamation actually annexed the sun (autocoring)
-Is afflicted once by the hundred years invasioning civil war of republican antidisestablishmentarian schismatic civil troubles of the roses that smell of carpets in Bagdhad
-The greek tutors of the nomadic University of Oxbridge and Ulaanbaatar make technology cheaper and innovation easier
-Titles can never be destroyed and only ever pass to the Abbomansor dynasty, can always be a government in exile or a nomadic tank horde in the event of destruction
-Even if destruction was caused by initiating WWII by launching nuclear missiles at all other nations on the planet unprovoked
-Especially if its destruction was caused by initiating WWII by launching nuclear missiles at all other nations on the planet unprovoked
-Including nuking all collective slimes
Pages: 1 ... 635 636 [637] 638 639 ... 1011