Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 616 617 [618] 619 620 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 1985488 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #9255 on: December 13, 2015, 08:38:43 pm »

What about sentient gas clouds living off star farts.
Basically C'Tan.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9256 on: December 13, 2015, 08:43:49 pm »

But somehow the Abbasid Ottoman Mongol English will still take over everything.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9257 on: December 13, 2015, 08:57:30 pm »

Abbasids have been kind-of (they still exist in Persia and the bit between Arabia and India, non-inclusive) replaced by the Mubarakids in my most recent game.

It's amusing that they declare Jihad on the Byzantines, usually win, then the Catholics usually declare a Crusade for the bits they win (unless I demand other bits in Africa/Middle East instead) so Constantinople is now Scottish Catholic.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9258 on: December 13, 2015, 09:33:45 pm »

Start as a mass of undifferentiated cells in the oceans before the evolution of complex lifeforms, evolve into humans over time then develop society.

Increases playtime to at least 2 billion years.  :P (Also would probably be a better Spore than Spore was.)
What spore was meant to be ;-;

Primordial soup grand strategy game.
Fund it.
It'd be amazing if refusing to reform your primordial soup into feudal symbiosis or multicellular organisms was a viable strategy, so you could play for billions of years and end up with the scenario where Nazi Germany and the mutable volcano pool wage war on the slime collective and the Holy Roman French Republic of Israeli West African reformed paganism
Once in Spore I completed the cell stage with some ugly basic parasites (was trying to evolve as little as possible).
"Okay now give your creature legs!"
"What if I... don't?"

My race of blobs with parasitic needle-snouts wriggled their way through the animal stage...  about 3 feet off the ground.  I died a *lot*, which just made them nastier when they got to space.  (I think I added poison dart launchers to get through the stage)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #9259 on: December 13, 2015, 09:37:36 pm »

Spore wasn't exactly what we wanted but it was quite fun if you forgot what it could be.
I remember gliding for really long distances from the volcanoes. It was kinda fun.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9260 on: December 13, 2015, 10:28:50 pm »

-Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships
-OP naval units full of horsearcher longbowmen and cannons can navigate the land
-Controls the protestant Caliphate of Rome
-Decadence revolts just give them more troops
-Periodically hemorrhages Norman and Turkish raiders into neighbours
-Is eternally protected from assassins by plethora of elusive nubile wives
-Gets jizya money from infidels but also gets more money from everyone else anyways because they own the Confucian Patriarch of Constantinople
-Will always go through all the good revolutions like the industrial or green revolutions before you
-All other revolutions just make them more powerful
-The sun never sets on the Empire because the great AEME amalgamation actually annexed the sun (autocoring)
-Is afflicted once by the hundred years invasioning civil war of republican antidisestablishmentarian schismatic civil troubles of the roses that smell of carpets in Bagdhad
-The greek tutors of the nomadic University of Oxbridge and Ulaanbaatar make technology cheaper and innovation easier
-Titles can never be destroyed and only ever pass to the Abbomansor dynasty, can always be a government in exile or a nomadic tank horde in the event of destruction
-Even if destruction was caused by initiating WWII by launching nuclear missiles at all other nations on the planet unprovoked
-Especially if its destruction was caused by initiating WWII by launching nuclear missiles at all other nations on the planet unprovoked
-Including nuking all collective slimes

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9261 on: December 16, 2015, 06:45:05 pm »

Much of the Chaos Wastes have been united under my banner in Khorne's name, the weakling followers of the other gods have mostly been driven out or destroyed. My realm stretches from the northmost borders of Norsca to the northmost borders of Naggarond. Once the few tribes of the wastes that still resist me are laid low I shall fall on the Norscan people like a wolf upon sheep.

My eldest children bear the features of Beastmen, inherited from their mother, Feld, who I took as a trophy from a herd of the barbarous wretches I bested in war. While she refuses to kneel before Khorne alone her children have taken to praising his name above all others, even mine. Feld has attempted to slay me more than once, but I find her pitiful attempts amusing and tolerate her presence as a testament to my own power. In time my sons and daughters will raise blades against me like their mother, but they shall be shown no mercy. The path of the champion is a bloody one, the weak die young, the strong thrive.

I have long since cast aside mortal champions, instead leading my armies with the aid of Bloodletters sent to me by Khorne himself, for I am His Chosen and to allow any weaker beings to fight as my equals is beneath me. Khorne's fires flow through my veins, granting me power and vitality beyond that of mortal men. Even the poxes of the bloated maggot Nurgle have failed to bring me to my knees. By Khorne's will I shall someday drown that festering bag of pus in his own cauldron and cleanse myself of his taint!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9262 on: December 16, 2015, 06:47:16 pm »

Planning to try and shift to tribal/feudal to correct that if I can.
Keep in mind that non-tribal, non-nomad holdings in the wastes fare... poorly. And by poorly I mean they just fly off and you suddenly wasted a lot of money.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9263 on: December 16, 2015, 07:49:56 pm »

Keep in mind that non-tribal, non-nomad holdings in the wastes fare... poorly. And by poorly I mean they just fly off and you suddenly wasted a lot of money.

Do non-tribe/nomad holdings just vanish or something in the wastes?
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9264 on: December 17, 2015, 12:15:08 pm »

Yes. To be precise, they get turned into a tribe.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9265 on: December 17, 2015, 07:56:25 pm »

Yes. To be precise, they get turned into a tribe.

Huh, that's kind of annoying.

In other news I savescummed after being slain while trying to hunt the Red Duke of Aquitaine. Won't try that again for a while.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9266 on: December 20, 2015, 02:45:33 pm »

Recently got back into this. Started as a custom duke of Oxford under the king of Mercia. My family was loyal to our liege for three generations, with our king swapping us between being marshal and chancellor. We fought multiple rebellions trying to usurp our king. Eventually though a Mercian king had too many sons and they all began infighting for the throne. My family was able to marshal more forces than any singular force vying for rulership, so we were the deciding factor in each rebellion. Especially when multiple sides called for my assistance simultaneously.

For another couple generations the rightful heirs were kept on the throne due to my dynastys diligence. However a pretender demanded the king step down and he actually did. With a false king on the throne, at least in our eyes, we became belligerent and refused to help our new liege. We had also inherited a claim to the throne of Essex, and decided to press the claim and serve no man any longer.

We stabilized our kingdom through a series of assassinations targeting the old kings family who were theeatening to rebel and reclaim the throne.

Now we have family with holdings in east francia, the northern iberian peninsula, and strong claims to germanic territories. But I think we'll press for ruling the British isles first.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9267 on: December 21, 2015, 12:17:11 pm »

Wow, nice to see someone actually take up the cause of Loyalty.  I generally...don't.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9268 on: December 21, 2015, 12:21:54 pm »

Wow, nice to see someone actually take up the cause of Loyalty.  I generally...don't.

Well it's entertaining to be ambitious. I've sometimes considered how interesting the game would be just by trying to maintain a single county for the entire game.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9269 on: December 21, 2015, 12:24:06 pm »

Well it's entertaining to be ambitious. I've sometimes considered how interesting the game would be just by trying to maintain a single county for the entire game.

I would probably do that by dumping on my relatives as much as humanly possible.  And trying to generate as many children as humanly possible.

One Question: Do you mean single county as a Count or single county as a higher-ranked character, with vassals and such.  Both are certainly challenges.
Pages: 1 ... 616 617 [618] 619 620 ... 1002