Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 623 624 [625] 626 627 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 1990505 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #9360 on: January 04, 2016, 02:33:22 am »

I find vassals do a pretty good job of converting the religion of their subjects.  More vassals usually helps with establishing religious harmony.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #9361 on: January 04, 2016, 11:59:02 am »

What about kingdom titles?

Meaning: how many do you have?
I think I only OWN two right now, but presumably when I die my non-primary heirs will magic the other 2 in my De Jure into existence.

The Kingdoms In my De Jure are Sveden, Norway, Finland, and Denmark. And I am exactly one county away from having all De Jure territory of Scandinavia.

Also, Is it weird that my empire's primary source of income is vassal rebellions? :3
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9362 on: January 04, 2016, 12:29:12 pm »

What about kingdom titles?

Meaning: how many do you have?
I think I only OWN two right now, but presumably when I die my non-primary heirs will magic the other 2 in my De Jure into existence.

The Kingdoms In my De Jure are Sveden, Norway, Finland, and Denmark. And I am exactly one county away from having all De Jure territory of Scandinavia.

Also, Is it weird that my empire's primary source of income is vassal rebellions? :3

Ah. 'Cause having Kingdom titles pass to all the pretenders... kind of a pain in the ass for a few generations, even moreso if you either lack the diplomacy (or a decent spymaster) to have guys not join factions against you, or the martial ability to field bigger armies. Also, if they rebel, their claims get passed on to their heirs... just extending the annoyance.

This is why, in my most recent game, I have 3 castles in my capital county. Lots of tax and enough levies to deal with most things that happen (albeit only really on the British mainland and Ireland, but whatever :P) though god damn are they expensive to raise.

I've never been into assassinating people (and certainly not close family members!) but you could just murder their council every so often, make sure they aren't all that good until after all the reputation penalties pass.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9363 on: January 04, 2016, 12:38:40 pm »

I've never been into assassinating people (and certainly not close family members!)

This behaviour is not appropriate for a ruler of the dark ages.  ::)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9364 on: January 04, 2016, 12:43:01 pm »

I've never been into assassinating people (and certainly not close family members!)

Oh don't get me wrong, wholesale murder is fine, I just prefer to do it on the battlefield than hiring others to do it for me. /awesome comeback

Also, that kinslayer trait! There are like... 500+ living members of my dynasty, many of whom are counts/dukes/kings in my empire. No thanks! :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9365 on: January 04, 2016, 04:44:35 pm »

Oh don't get me wrong, wholesale murder is fine, I just prefer to do it on the battlefield than hiring others to do it for me. /awesome comeback

Also, that kinslayer trait! There are like... 500+ living members of my dynasty, many of whom are counts/dukes/kings in my empire. No thanks! :P

Have to agree with that.  I'm quite fond of sending those who hate me the most, dynasty or no, as commanders of my armies.  Let them die honorably in battle, hopefully soon.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9366 on: January 04, 2016, 08:45:38 pm »

Svipjod
If you can't type a certain letter, you're generally supposed to use the closest approximation of the sound (so Svithjod) not the closest approximation of the appearance.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9367 on: January 04, 2016, 08:48:01 pm »

i don't think there's an indication in-game that thorn is pronounced th?

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9368 on: January 05, 2016, 12:05:33 am »

Svipjod
If you can't type a certain letter, you're generally supposed to use the closest approximation of the sound (so Svithjod) not the closest approximation of the appearance.
I find that what he used helps me understand what he's talking about better, as it is closer to what I recognize.
However, it's not like I've ever thought of that region as anything but 'the blue bastards up north with the awkward name' so I suppose anything that starts with an 'S' and sounds like a disease works well enough.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9369 on: January 05, 2016, 12:20:09 am »

Also I suspect a number of us have NO idea how it's pronounced and only heard of it from CKII

+1

I always thought of it as Svibjod. Otherwise "that good bit in Sweden".

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #9370 on: January 05, 2016, 12:25:12 am »

Svipjod
I was unaware that I was required to become a master of several languages to post on the internet.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9371 on: January 05, 2016, 12:50:06 am »

Svipjod
I was unaware that I was required to become a master of several languages to post on the internet.

thorn's actually english

a version of english that hasn't been spoken since approximately this game's time period, but english nonetheless

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9372 on: January 05, 2016, 12:52:53 am »

Svipjod

thorn's actually english

a version of english that hasn't been spoken since approximately this game's time period, but english nonetheless

I imagine that the language has evolved a wee bit since then.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9373 on: January 05, 2016, 01:01:04 am »

yeah, memes evolve way faster than genes because humans are fuckloads more efficient than evolution at that kind of thing, so english now is to english then as humans now are to australopithecus afarensis

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9374 on: January 05, 2016, 01:30:01 am »

That's racist. Ples don kil meh
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.
Pages: 1 ... 623 624 [625] 626 627 ... 1002