Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 700 701 [702] 703 704 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2006362 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #10515 on: June 18, 2016, 05:14:37 pm »

PKs special titular lad grew up a wadh, coming out of his mothers tutlidge a brave content webweaver with 1800 prestige and a suprisingly firm grasp on hia vassal's manparts.

I figured the best ambition for him was either learning (to get at least some passive research) or martial (because  whollycow -40% or greater malus to levies).  I went for warmonger, and the game obliged by rolling an early cruel trait to justify my meta.

rampaging up sjivjords arsehole and down pomeranias, i slowly but surely gained land, followers, and martial skill.  at his height, our drooling overlord commanded a respectible 13 martial and +4 personal combat skill.

the game tried to get me to duel a +6 personal combat high chief of mine because he was plotting to murder his wife.  haha, no, lets not duel the demigod of war with an imbecile king with a male dynasty of him.  tempted to because its a good story, but i like winning more.

Pisskop rejected his first wife, cancelling their bethrothal because the ward fucked her up mentally.  got married to the daughter of a norseman, who produced 5 children despite hating my cruel imbecile murderer guts. 

At age 55, I like to imagine pk read a book on Alexander, as per the event, and decided to invent the title emperor of awesome.

Giving finland to 3rd son and poland to second son, pks last act was to imprison Polandson and walk off  to raid a temple, dying in combat.
Pk3 has a good martial education and quickly subjugated finland back into the empire.  his job is to reform the faith and take the remnants of bohemia before the currently unified France gets rolling.

France is unified, avaria still exists and has a 5000 troop event stack that hung out at my border for the past 50 years, rus and ruthinia exist and are mad about me having a duchy or two, and i might conquer sweden+denmark as the path of least resistance, since I kneecapped sweden already.

For what its worth, I married a daughter into a perm chief, and he is now the king of perm.  so enh?  all in all a good king, though the nonresearch and poor income and reduced levies hurt me
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10516 on: June 19, 2016, 01:59:07 pm »

PKIII was nothing incredibly special, he spent his life gaining as much piety as possible and filling out the empire down through saxony.

He reformed the faith, got maimed, and the game crashed when I heard the beginning of the little jingle that signifies death.  I was able to get back to the game though, and I swapped his focus to family and thus he did not die.  so maybe a cheaty thing?

Either way, being not dead, I was able to swap into gavelkind proper and not lose my empire or my firstborn lineage.

PKIV is 17 and just pissed off half his kingdom by murdering his brotherl, revoking his other brother's titles, and upping crown authority.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10517 on: June 20, 2016, 07:15:43 pm »

PKIII had a premonition about his death, and decided to spend as much time with his family as possible while he could, obviously.
"I swear I just died... I could have sworn..."

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10518 on: June 20, 2016, 09:02:09 pm »

Well, with no quicksaves and autosaves every 6 bloody months I dont think i can undo much.

PKIV just died at 64.  Nicknamed 'the sword of lamia' pkiv was everything his father was but more violent.  Sendig out missionaries, airing heresy, dowing noregor and ruthenia, failing to kill a saxon-croatian coalition but curb stomping middle france.

unlocking the crusades because of that, a holy war for east francia that failed because the guy up and died.
   what a dumb way to end.

"oh jeez, guys, the old one died and his kingdom is now 3 kingdoms!  lets all go home now..."

He really kicked off the "we are a powerhouse" phase of empiredom.  before him we were stronger than our neighbors, after him we were only stopped by pagan attrition and homeland defense.

his son inherited Nowhere, Finland, and I imprisoned his wives.  3.  they kept dying in jail, and i didnt want to risk them having sons.

PKV is on the cusp of primogenitor, and is a cynical ruler.  like pkiv, he shares a good relationship with his kinsmen, who are kings of finland, poland, bohemia, and pommerania
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 09:12:40 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

JumpingJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10519 on: June 20, 2016, 10:45:53 pm »

his son inherited Nowhere, Finland, and I imprisoned his wives.  3.  they kept dying in jail, and i didnt want to risk them having sons.
That's a brilliant tactic. I can't ever bring myself to pull off such stunts, sadly. I care far too much about virtual people.  ::)
I'M NOT HERE TO CHAT, I'M HERE TO DANCE OVER YOUR DEFEAT.
Imagine how much more exciting the dinosaur exhibits would be if we had necromancers.
Sigtext

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #10520 on: June 21, 2016, 02:07:33 am »

I mean a big part of CK2 is sending thousands of peasants to die so you can raise your flag over some backwater county.  If the game were less snowbally the theme would be even more relevant, since after the war you'd lose the county in some new crisis and the whole thing would be meaningless anyway.

Unless you mean that you care about the lives of virtual nobles:P
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10521 on: June 21, 2016, 04:30:32 am »

I mean a big part of CK2 is sending thousands of peasants to die so you can raise your flag over some backwater county.  If the game were less snowbally the theme would be even more relevant, since after the war you'd lose the county in some new crisis and the whole thing would be meaningless anyway.

Are you one of those liberal types that considers peasants to be actual people?
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10522 on: June 21, 2016, 04:31:47 am »

Are you one of those liberal types that considers peasants to be actual people?

I can't stand those SJWs.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10523 on: June 21, 2016, 05:19:30 am »

I dunno, I took a break from my byzan-roman campaign and an currently playing as that norse whiteshirt dynasty, so technically they're all nobility by the standards of the southerners.
Love, scriver~

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10524 on: June 21, 2016, 09:09:15 am »

Goddammit.
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10525 on: June 21, 2016, 09:33:20 am »

Matrilineality is your friend

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10526 on: June 21, 2016, 09:37:04 am »

Oh come one, the guy's only 24, hardly time to call it a bloody day :P

Though with that many girls...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #10527 on: June 21, 2016, 11:22:44 am »

If you were a proper king of the era, you'd execute your wives for having too many x chromosomes.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10528 on: June 21, 2016, 11:34:51 am »

Divorced, beheaded, died, divorced, beheaded, survived

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10529 on: June 21, 2016, 11:36:57 am »

edit: