Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 700 701 [702] 703 704 ... 984

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 1258339 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #10515 on: July 27, 2016, 05:15:47 pm »

I think they mean pine tar, not road tar.

I mean, it could still be heated to terrible levels, but it's not necessarily the case.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10516 on: July 27, 2016, 05:26:57 pm »

I think they mean pine tar, not road tar.
Hence why I said "torture or mutilation" not "execution".

I mean, it could still be heated to terrible levels, but it's not necessarily the case.
If it's not hot enough to cause terrible injury during prolonged contact, it's not hot enough to function as an actual adhesive.

As for the "walk of shame", I think they're referencing a particular Game of Thrones episode.
A particular episode in which she wasn't significantly harmed?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #10517 on: July 27, 2016, 05:34:00 pm »

If it's not hot enough to cause terrible injury during prolonged contact, it's not hot enough to function as an actual adhesive.
You ever stuck Elmer's glue to your fingers when you were a kid?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10518 on: July 27, 2016, 05:36:00 pm »

That's how I lost six out of my twelve missing fingers.

Seriously though, I don't know, I've had personal experience with some pine shit that's certainly both liquid enough and sticky enough to do the job as described without injury. Maybe not a good adhesive for long term use, but enough to cover a dude with feathers long enough for him to saunter about a bit.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10519 on: July 27, 2016, 05:47:09 pm »

Yeah. Wasn't there a whole western thing where you got covered in tar and poured feathers on?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • Make birds speedrun again (he/him)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10520 on: July 27, 2016, 05:51:58 pm »

As for the "walk of shame", I think they're referencing a particular Game of Thrones episode.
A particular episode in which she wasn't significantly harmed?
Walk of shame isn't about being pysically harmed. It's about, well, being shamed in public.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Does a Laconian believe they descend from Achilles? Does an anon believe a greentext happened? Does a child believe in air? We choose the fake news we want. The eternal memri.tv

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10521 on: July 28, 2016, 02:49:57 pm »

And it's supposed to be a humiliation option, not torture or anything of the sort.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10522 on: July 28, 2016, 07:33:36 pm »

And it's supposed to be a humiliation option, not torture or anything of the sort.
This is why we use the phrase "cruel and unusual punishment", heh.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10523 on: August 02, 2016, 04:31:15 pm »

New dev diary as customary. Reposting it here as customary.

Spoiler: Crusader Cats (click to show/hide)

DLC will release on the 25th of this month.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Does a Laconian believe they descend from Achilles? Does an anon believe a greentext happened? Does a child believe in air? We choose the fake news we want. The eternal memri.tv

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10524 on: August 02, 2016, 04:51:21 pm »

Ok, I want to set about restoring the Roman Empire in as RP a way as possible. Are there units with legitimate Roman descent? I also read that upon restoring the empire, you don't get special buildings or units. I want special buildings and units... Is there a mod for this? Or basically any mods that would make the Roman conquest more enjoyable?

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #10525 on: August 02, 2016, 05:00:10 pm »

I like the DF mention in that DD. looks like it'll be a pretty decent DLC

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10526 on: August 02, 2016, 05:15:02 pm »

Ok, I want to set about restoring the Roman Empire in as RP a way as possible. Are there units with legitimate Roman descent? I also read that upon restoring the empire, you don't get special buildings or units. I want special buildings and units... Is there a mod for this? Or basically any mods that would make the Roman conquest more enjoyable?
Byzantine Empire is just a recent name for the Basileia Rhomaion, the (Eastern) Roman Empire.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10527 on: August 02, 2016, 05:16:45 pm »

You can character create yourself with the Roman culture and naming scheme. Also give yourself one of the olden religions though I think both those things make establishing the Roman borders impossible.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #10528 on: August 02, 2016, 05:31:41 pm »

Pretty sure you don't need the culture.  I "restored" the Roman Empire as a Ghanan patrician, who had been West African a couple days earlier :P  And my capital was stuck back in Africa, so I don't think I even had an option to change culture.

I'm still salty that making Rome my capital (an option that appears when you control the Roman Empire) ended my glorious Roman Republic, turned it feudal.  Rome is not famous for being a castle  >:(

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #10529 on: August 02, 2016, 05:43:21 pm »

That is true.  I think I had the character become Orthodox via a concubine.
... Not sure if I was able to convert back to West African afterward, since that's always tougher.  His children were still West African, but around that time an update dropped which... didn't exactly work with older saves.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=485758522

Haha I'm glad I dug that up, no I didn't convert... back to West African...
Pages: 1 ... 700 701 [702] 703 704 ... 984