Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 706 707 [708] 709 710 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 1989994 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #10605 on: July 26, 2016, 05:22:16 am »

I'm expecting at least a Red Death or Bochaccio easter egg.

Otherwise I'll be very sad.
Love, scriver~

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10606 on: July 26, 2016, 11:48:01 am »

Dev diary. The url names for the images are pretty good sometimes.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10607 on: July 26, 2016, 02:19:20 pm »

...Okay I'm actually interested now.  Some of that is really funny (bad poetry torture) some of it is just darkly intriguing.  I wasn't expecting new mechanics for vindictiveness.
you may miss having a rival and start a new feud
This is awful.  I must have it.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10608 on: July 26, 2016, 02:21:03 pm »

The nice thing about these flavour DLC is that they don't break things as much.

Malus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10609 on: July 26, 2016, 07:44:35 pm »

Yeah, this dev diary just reaffirmed why CK2 is my favorite modern PDS game. CK2 just allows for a level of sheer cruelty you can't get anywhere else. And I love the idea of imprisoning a young foreign prince in war and raising him as a ward, making him loyal to you, recruiting him, then matrilineally marrying him to your daughter and going off to reconquer his realm once he comes of age.

Also, with all the fleshing-out they've been doing with mercenaries, I have to wonder if they're planning on releasing an expansion that makes Adventurer characters playable so losing your last county isn't game over.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10610 on: July 26, 2016, 08:00:36 pm »

I wanna play a theocracy.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10611 on: July 26, 2016, 08:10:25 pm »

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

JumpingJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10612 on: July 26, 2016, 08:28:45 pm »

Yeah, this dev diary just reaffirmed why CK2 is my favorite modern PDS game. CK2 just allows for a level of sheer cruelty you can't get anywhere else. And I love the idea of imprisoning a young foreign prince in war and raising him as a ward, making him loyal to you, recruiting him, then matrilineally marrying him to your daughter and going off to reconquer his realm once he comes of age.

Also, with all the fleshing-out they've been doing with mercenaries, I have to wonder if they're planning on releasing an expansion that makes Adventurer characters playable so losing your last county isn't game over.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I wanna play a theocracy.

+1
+1 Deus vult
I'M NOT HERE TO CHAT, I'M HERE TO DANCE OVER YOUR DEFEAT.
Imagine how much more exciting the dinosaur exhibits would be if we had necromancers.
Sigtext

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10614 on: July 27, 2016, 05:12:10 pm »

Is "walk of shame" slang for something that I don't know, which would put it on par with having your skin melted off, or do the devs just not know what tarring and feathering is? I'm inclined to think the latter, since I'd consider it more along the lines of mutilation or torture.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10615 on: July 27, 2016, 05:15:47 pm »

I think they mean pine tar, not road tar.

I mean, it could still be heated to terrible levels, but it's not necessarily the case.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10616 on: July 27, 2016, 05:26:57 pm »

I think they mean pine tar, not road tar.
Hence why I said "torture or mutilation" not "execution".

I mean, it could still be heated to terrible levels, but it's not necessarily the case.
If it's not hot enough to cause terrible injury during prolonged contact, it's not hot enough to function as an actual adhesive.

As for the "walk of shame", I think they're referencing a particular Game of Thrones episode.
A particular episode in which she wasn't significantly harmed?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #10617 on: July 27, 2016, 05:34:00 pm »

If it's not hot enough to cause terrible injury during prolonged contact, it's not hot enough to function as an actual adhesive.
You ever stuck Elmer's glue to your fingers when you were a kid?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10618 on: July 27, 2016, 05:36:00 pm »

That's how I lost six out of my twelve missing fingers.

Seriously though, I don't know, I've had personal experience with some pine shit that's certainly both liquid enough and sticky enough to do the job as described without injury. Maybe not a good adhesive for long term use, but enough to cover a dude with feathers long enough for him to saunter about a bit.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10619 on: July 27, 2016, 05:47:09 pm »

Yeah. Wasn't there a whole western thing where you got covered in tar and poured feathers on?
Pages: 1 ... 706 707 [708] 709 710 ... 1002