Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 707 708 [709] 710 711 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 1990021 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #10620 on: July 27, 2016, 05:51:58 pm »

As for the "walk of shame", I think they're referencing a particular Game of Thrones episode.
A particular episode in which she wasn't significantly harmed?
Walk of shame isn't about being pysically harmed. It's about, well, being shamed in public.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10621 on: July 28, 2016, 02:49:57 pm »

And it's supposed to be a humiliation option, not torture or anything of the sort.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10622 on: July 28, 2016, 07:33:36 pm »

And it's supposed to be a humiliation option, not torture or anything of the sort.
This is why we use the phrase "cruel and unusual punishment", heh.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10623 on: August 02, 2016, 04:31:15 pm »

New dev diary as customary. Reposting it here as customary.

Spoiler: Crusader Cats (click to show/hide)

DLC will release on the 25th of this month.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10624 on: August 02, 2016, 04:51:21 pm »

Ok, I want to set about restoring the Roman Empire in as RP a way as possible. Are there units with legitimate Roman descent? I also read that upon restoring the empire, you don't get special buildings or units. I want special buildings and units... Is there a mod for this? Or basically any mods that would make the Roman conquest more enjoyable?

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #10625 on: August 02, 2016, 05:00:10 pm »

I like the DF mention in that DD. looks like it'll be a pretty decent DLC

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10626 on: August 02, 2016, 05:15:02 pm »

Ok, I want to set about restoring the Roman Empire in as RP a way as possible. Are there units with legitimate Roman descent? I also read that upon restoring the empire, you don't get special buildings or units. I want special buildings and units... Is there a mod for this? Or basically any mods that would make the Roman conquest more enjoyable?
Byzantine Empire is just a recent name for the Basileia Rhomaion, the (Eastern) Roman Empire.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10627 on: August 02, 2016, 05:16:45 pm »

You can character create yourself with the Roman culture and naming scheme. Also give yourself one of the olden religions though I think both those things make establishing the Roman borders impossible.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10628 on: August 02, 2016, 05:31:41 pm »

Pretty sure you don't need the culture.  I "restored" the Roman Empire as a Ghanan patrician, who had been West African a couple days earlier :P  And my capital was stuck back in Africa, so I don't think I even had an option to change culture.

I'm still salty that making Rome my capital (an option that appears when you control the Roman Empire) ended my glorious Roman Republic, turned it feudal.  Rome is not famous for being a castle  >:(
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10629 on: August 02, 2016, 05:43:21 pm »

That is true.  I think I had the character become Orthodox via a concubine.
... Not sure if I was able to convert back to West African afterward, since that's always tougher.  His children were still West African, but around that time an update dropped which... didn't exactly work with older saves.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=485758522

Haha I'm glad I dug that up, no I didn't convert... back to West African...
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10630 on: August 02, 2016, 07:35:16 pm »

Pretty sure you don't need the culture.  I "restored" the Roman Empire as a Ghanan patrician, who had been West African a couple days earlier :P  And my capital was stuck back in Africa, so I don't think I even had an option to change culture.

I'm still salty that making Rome my capital (an option that appears when you control the Roman Empire) ended my glorious Roman Republic, turned it feudal.  Rome is not famous for being a castle  >:(

This is the stuff I am hoping there is a mod for. Sadly it doesn't seem there is.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10631 on: August 02, 2016, 11:59:57 pm »

I need some second opinions on what I just did, because it feels horribly abusive with unseen consequences, or perhaps there is just simply a better thing to do.

So I conquered a dutchy, had so assign the land to someone, so I invite a nobel to court (for the steward skill of course), marry him to my daughter matrilinially then give him the dutchy, making my daughter the son of a future duke that will be of my lineage.

However now that I have typed it all out, it doesn't sound THAT good.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10632 on: August 03, 2016, 12:01:08 am »

That's like, totally legit man.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10633 on: August 03, 2016, 01:54:16 am »

Just a heads up, I might spam this thread with questions now that I have stared playing this again.

I am the Byzantine Emporer. My succession laws say that my oldest son will inherit all titles, however when I make a new kingdom, it says that that title will pass on to my second eldest son, with my eldest son being second in line to inherit it. Why? Also, if I die and my second son inherits the kingdom title without owning any land, will he also inherit part of my land?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10634 on: August 03, 2016, 02:13:20 am »

Sounds like gavelkind.  It basically works like this (assuming agnatic, male-only)

Take the list of titles your dead character held.
Eldest son gets the highest.  Other sons get the others.  That might mean your younger son becomes independent with Britannia or something, so never make multiple empires except to reform Roma.

With gavelkind, try to always have ONE top-level title if you're in danger of dying.  Your main heir will inherit it and be lord of all his siblings.

After handling the top titles, the remaining titles are distributed similarly.  Primary titles (ones that contain the capital) go to the heir (guy you play as next).  But basically the titles are distributed among all sons in a semblance of fairness.
For Kingdoms, Duchies, and counties.  Barons/Mayors/Priests aren't effected.

But what happens if you're emperor of three kingdoms, and you give two of them to an heir?  You can't.  You can give one.  And when you die, all those titles are counted as part of his inheritance, so it's likely he'll get nothing else from your death.

Probably doesn't stop him from trying to kill you though
She/they
Pages: 1 ... 707 708 [709] 710 711 ... 1002