Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 801 802 [803] 804 805 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2010395 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #12030 on: March 15, 2017, 07:16:26 pm »

Anyone mess around with the Crisis of the Confederation mod?  You have to drop back to Pre-Conclave (specifically 2.4.5), but it seems to be a fairly interesting thing to mess around with.
It's a big and heavily ambitious mod maintained by, I think, one person. It's going to lag behind pretty much always.

I, myself, got into modding CK2 and joined one of the Total Conversions out there (this one (you will need to register the game to see it). Yeah, there is a competing mod by a group of I think russians, but 1) we were first; 2) we opted to avoid talking in anything less than a clinical & diplomatic way about them).
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12031 on: March 16, 2017, 06:56:49 pm »

So, apparently in the latest patch they elected not to add the "opinion need to only be 50 to stop joining increase council power".

In 3 years there were 3 different revolts. I ragequit on the last one because the guys magically (and I mean magically, it came out of fucking nowhere) went from summoning 2000 vassal troops to summoning 6000.

Fuck this shit, I can't enjoy a game where I have to deal with a revolt every fucking year. It's absurd and fucking annoying as all shit.

EDIT: The guy that summoned up 4k of those 6k troops was definitely cheating or bugged in some way.

His territory was given to him about half a year ago. Different culture group and religion. He still had the "New administration" modifier on all of his territory.
AI can hire mercenaries, you know. And they often do if they have the money.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12032 on: March 16, 2017, 08:58:56 pm »

I have never once seen an AI cheat for units other than the "event troops" thing.

If you click on a character's portrait and hover over their troops, it will tell you what they have.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #12033 on: March 16, 2017, 09:34:17 pm »

It won't tell you if they'll get fucktons of special troops though, nor how they'll get 'em.

Obviously add the... what, 2k, 2.5k? Special troops for tribals with 500 prestige. Not sure if they also get special event troops, or if that's something to do with being at war with a different/Pagan religion (last I remember it happening was with the West African religion and it was pissing annoying trying to get Canarias from them as a result) so yeah. Apparently endless supply of the bastards.

This on top of the mercenaries Teneb mentioned. Depending on the type of war and who you're warring with, gotta pay attention to your opponents gold, prestige, and piety.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #12034 on: March 17, 2017, 02:04:03 am »

If you holy warring, you might be facing holy orders. I think every religion has at least one?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12035 on: March 17, 2017, 02:59:06 am »

Pagans can get 2k troops in exchange for 200 piety if they're the primary defender against a religious enemy (I don't think it needs to be a religious war, i.e. you could simply be pressing a claim, and they'd still be allowed to call those 2k troops as many times as they have the piety for it)
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

RazielReaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12036 on: March 17, 2017, 06:01:45 am »

As a tribal you can get 2.5K troops for 500 prestige.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #12037 on: March 17, 2017, 06:20:13 am »

As a tribal you can get 2.5K troops for 500 prestige.

He most likely meant defensive pagans (Romuva, Suomenusko, Slavic), they can get 2K troops for 200 piety if they're attacked by the infidel, and also can get 2.5K troops during any type of war for 500 prestige.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12038 on: March 17, 2017, 11:45:03 am »

Just take a screenshot of the tooltip you get when you hover over the character and the character himself or something.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12039 on: March 17, 2017, 02:06:23 pm »

There also some special event troops that can spawn in to support or fight against a revolt. You would have gotten an event that'll say something about traitors flocking to his banner, though.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12040 on: March 17, 2017, 02:24:05 pm »

By what you're describing it sounds like the rebel was getting more troops from his vassals post rebellion than pre-rebellion right?

Doesn't that happen because rebels get opinion boosts towards each other specifically so the leader gets more troops and can properly contest with the liege?
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12041 on: March 18, 2017, 09:03:08 am »

So! I was thinking.

What if a pagan religion reforming caused the Crusades to start.

Would that be balanced/make sense game wise? To me, it makes sense. Now, the pagan raiders who raid your shores for loot and women now suddenly have an organized religion. They have a hierarchy. Are centralized. And furthermore? Some are beginning to leave their tribal dwellings for more fortified locations. They could be a lasting thorn in Christendom's side if they aren't removed quickly.

DEUS VULT!

EDIT: Mainly referring to the Norse, as they seem to be the most common to reform in my experience.

ANOTHER EDIT:

While playing yesterday, I tried to hold a grand tournament/fursiyaa tournament and after clicking the event button the game crashed.

Then my computer blue screened. Because of said crash.

Is that a problem on my end or is it a problem on the game's end? If it helps, I'm using Ck2+ as my only gameplay changing mod.

a-am also on 2.6.1 because i wish to wait until mods and/or post release patches are done to update and ruin my save game :P
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 09:06:52 am by Iceblaster »

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #12042 on: March 18, 2017, 09:25:38 am »

So! I was thinking.

What if a pagan religion reforming caused the Crusades to start.

Would that be balanced/make sense game wise? To me, it makes sense. Now, the pagan raiders who raid your shores for loot and women now suddenly have an organized religion. They have a hierarchy. Are centralized. And furthermore? Some are beginning to leave their tribal dwellings for more fortified locations. They could be a lasting thorn in Christendom's side if they aren't removed quickly.

DEUS VULT!

EDIT: Mainly referring to the Norse, as they seem to be the most common to reform in my experience.
It's balanced in the way that crusades start if France/Germany/Byzantium/Rome is held by non-Christian, which means they start when Pagans actually are stronk enough to take on Christian world.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12044 on: March 18, 2017, 07:22:55 pm »

Is it just me or have a lot of event troops started reinforcing?

The Shia Caliph successfully rose up and took Andalusia about 70 years ago in my current game, and despite fighting in 6 crusades of various kinds (2 Catholic, 2 Germanic, and 2 Jihads against me for Syria) he still has 31000 and a bit event troops left from his original uprising, even though I know I've fought them down to just a few thousand before. Just a few years later his event troops bounce back to their original numbers.

I had a similar thing happen with some event troops from a prepared invasion. They stuck around after it was finished and were reinforcing, though enough actual units of them had died that they only numbered a few thousand when full. They just hung around, slowly recovering numbers between wars until they and my retinue got wiped out.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 07:25:16 pm by Grim Portent »
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.
Pages: 1 ... 801 802 [803] 804 805 ... 1002