Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 818 819 [820] 821 822 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2005487 times)

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #12285 on: June 28, 2017, 12:53:51 pm »

Speaking of sexy things
Wait a second, child castration is sexy to you?

Well his profile does state he's a voice fetishist...

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12286 on: June 29, 2017, 03:13:47 pm »

Ive been thinking about the megahorde events, the aztecs and khans and etc.

They really should have an attrition attached to their numbers, a slow decrease in event units.  all event units could, but the huge 60000+ ones should especially.  Just make them more capable of attacking.

Really, no reason the aztecs should be sitting around for years end with no costs and no activity.

A slow attrition of ~0.01% or so for basic event units (thus, units smaller than 1K would suffer partial or no casualties) would solve the issues I have with overly peaceful megahordes and encourage more aggressive play with the magic event units you do get.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 03:15:18 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12287 on: July 06, 2017, 02:19:12 pm »

In response to the pricing fiasco Paradox did awhile back, they're offering a free game or two pieces of DLC to anyone who bought their stuff (non-USD) since May 17: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/pricing-change-rollback-information-thread-latest-news-here.1031635/

The thread has info on how to claim your stuff if you did buy anything.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12288 on: July 06, 2017, 02:49:34 pm »

In response to the pricing fiasco Paradox did awhile back, they're offering a free game or two pieces of DLC to anyone who bought their stuff (non-USD) since May 17: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/pricing-change-rollback-information-thread-latest-news-here.1031635/

The thread has info on how to claim your stuff if you did buy anything.

Dang, the last purchase I made to grab some of their stuff was three days before the initial cutoff date.  Could have been nice to see if HoI4 worked on my computer.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #12289 on: July 06, 2017, 04:43:02 pm »

My game right now:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I didn't even want Charlemagne as tributary, actually, but he was fighting Widukind for control of Saxony (and therefore Brunswick), and Germanic was just hovering above the 50% MA I needed for reformation. I couldn't join Widukind's defense because it was a claim war, so I declared the only war I could (Make Tributary) and used my army to shield Widukind while my piety went up to 750. Then I reformed the faith and enforced my demands on Charlemagne. He promptly called me into war against Widukind, which is why Saxony no longer exists.

Weird thing: that war you see there is another that Charlemagne called me to -- defending Savoy from the Hungarian Tengri duke of Ivrea. He's not an adventurer, and Lombardy is still Catholic, so I'm not sure how he got over there.
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12290 on: July 09, 2017, 10:41:02 pm »

piss did an Ironman of Lithuania.

i like the start but do get tired of it, so i decided one more time.

knowing how the game is with health traits i usually play a soft version of self enforced ironman...

well pk1 was a theologian of epic 29 rating.  with his 20 intrigue and 15 fightman skills he went from count to king easy.  at 63 he died of a weird combination of stress and depression and lunacy, literally in the nightmare event of coming out of a coma.  the game has no description for this death.

pk2 died of an arrow in the knee. and the resultant infection.

pk3 just died of herpes, after a 50+ year streak of being one of the best comeback kings I've ever had.  with less than 10 for any stat, he managed to subdue the various counts and non- state religious counts, reform the faith, elimate the council power, and even pop fuedal.

pk4, the son of the second son of pk1, just saw the Charlemagne events fail to produce the empire.  the 5 kingdoms fell apart.  bavaria ate east germany, and ive suzerained the rest.  Saxony is, or was, rampaging into a france who was nomed by a 16k event stack from Brittany.  Hispania is strong but stagnanted, and arabian empire has blobed out to africa  actually realizing their destiny.

to the east khazaria is omghuge and Estonia is a major finish power  oddly enough eating half of rus

but, but but but.
the real story is how after pk1 died i played nice, married into my vassals, and didnt incite rebellions to nom money and revoke titles.  it was ... surprisingly easy to do, and like i said, in 50 years i hate destroyed the council powers.  who knew being a not-ass to your underlings was so easy?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 10:44:03 pm by pisskop »
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12291 on: July 11, 2017, 03:18:48 pm »

This little asshole actually has some backers

:'(  how could you?

Its also envious, a lunatic, follower of a god and cruel.  How does a horse grow envious and cruel?
And how does a horse become 'crazy'?  by what metric does one measure the sanity of a horse?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 03:21:48 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #12292 on: July 11, 2017, 03:35:16 pm »

Its also envious, a lunatic, follower of a god and cruel.  How does a horse grow envious and cruel?
And how does a horse become 'crazy'?  by what metric does one measure the sanity of a horse?

You've clearly not spent enough time around horses. I've seen ones that match all of those metrics (although never all in a single horse).
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12293 on: July 11, 2017, 04:50:42 pm »

That's nothing.

My recent Athens -> Byzantium -> Rome game had a lunatic emperor who started an affair with his horse.

... I'm just *really* glad the game didn't pop a pregnancy event. I know horse trait gives like -5000% fertility but I *also* know that it is still *technically* possible for the game to still pop the event, if extremely rare.

I didn't want to deal with a bastard centaur...
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12294 on: July 11, 2017, 10:05:55 pm »

That's nothing.

My recent Athens -> Byzantium -> Rome game had a lunatic emperor who started an affair with his horse.

... I'm just *really* glad the game didn't pop a pregnancy event. I know horse trait gives like -5000% fertility but I *also* know that it is still *technically* possible for the game to still pop the event, if extremely rare.

I didn't want to deal with a bastard centaur...
But if it had worked, you could've educated your kids with him, given them land to spawn horse courtiers, and subsequently bred them into your dynasty, creating the era of Roman Restorneightion!
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #12295 on: July 11, 2017, 10:18:49 pm »

Oh god stop being so foalish, that joke was a nightmare. How much effort did you pony up for that one?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #12296 on: July 13, 2017, 12:45:14 am »

Game of Thrones mod got updates, yay. I just can't bring myself to play vanilla anymore, it is always CK+/HIP, GoT or the Warhamster mod. Not that there was anything wrong with vanilla, it is just the lack of events and content, I guess?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12297 on: July 13, 2017, 10:58:33 am »

is vanilla like ... beating a dead horse?
PKs DF Mod!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12298 on: July 13, 2017, 10:14:36 pm »

Speaking of mods, what are the most insane ones you've come across?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12299 on: July 14, 2017, 02:19:34 pm »

But its JEWISH.  Ive had 1 experience with giving Jews anything nice, and it ended up with 80k aztecs raining down my throat.  80k I could have beaten if that snippity Jew didnt form a rebellion the aztecs took advantage of.

AI seems to prefer besieging targets that are weakest and those with more warscore.  So your country there always being besieged means it never catches up.

Because its weak,and worth warscores.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 818 819 [820] 821 822 ... 1002