Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 831 832 [833] 834 835 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 1990403 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #12480 on: August 16, 2017, 06:09:00 pm »

Yeah Abbasids have access to some of the richest provinces in the whole game for most of the game's timeline (until mongols)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12481 on: August 16, 2017, 06:13:14 pm »

But the moment you take the breadbasket away from them.... MMM... Delicious collapse.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12482 on: August 16, 2017, 06:32:38 pm »

The Arabian Empire is one of my favorite muslim factions, my favorite faction at all to watch.

They usually fail and deblob, but they often enough lose syria to shia.  And funnily enough syria usually kicks the teeth out of byzantine.

whereas the europian situation is quite tame.  Even the pagans v christians is usually stable until conversions.

The whole region of georgia/syria/armenia ...  and then the khans come by and, if they do their jobs right and dont cut each other off, usually weaken arabia futher.

the spanish blob is boring by comparison, and even does the unthinkable and converts to christianity for whatever reason all of a sudden.

Ive modded the coregame to have increased aggression for all ai.  To various degrees, and it works out well.  mostly.

-Finland forms, if not vikinged first.
-Rus is a reliable formation.
-Khazaria usually remains until the golden horde, barring succession nonsense.  They even give a good push into ruthenia.
-Byzantine usually take wallachia and bulgaria, and checks Lombardy from their african ambitions.  while byzantine usually ignores the mia and mono heresies to their east until the mussies take them (or the khans).
-Spain properly unifies, albiet usually with one strong(er) christain nation competing with the mussies.  Time tells whether france gets owned or owns the spanish caliphate.
-The AFRICANS usually compete with the african kingdom (or lombardy) for control over moorish land.  Them tribals do a'ight with conquest until they convert (to mussie) and then get nomed by spain.
-In my most recent game a successful viking invasion of england happened (finally) and mercia has a viking overlord.  Though, I dont expect that to last.
-when I dont lithuania the baltic unifies quickly while poland is nomed by the larger bohemia (and bohemia lasts until it eats pannonia and then succession and bavaria happens.  The default ai is bad at creating empires)  Bohemia is stronk as heck in Early Game.  But lithunia usually maintains fair relations, noming up pommerania and fending off viking estonia.
-In england the scots usually stay peaceful and slowly work into ireland while the various petty kings of england create a network of tributaries.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 06:42:34 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12483 on: August 16, 2017, 06:50:25 pm »

Personally I'm more of a umayyad person, it's pretty fun for the crusaders and abbasids to battle one another while you quietly creep up on them all to reclaim what is yours. Also umyyadbro

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #12484 on: August 16, 2017, 07:13:22 pm »

My games always go one way: Muslim & Germanic gangbang until I can convert the Nords, and then Muzzie gangbang until EUIV, where India discovers the renaissance and conquers everything.

The abbablob never pops, reconquista fails before it gets off the ground because the Umyyadbros invade Austurias every other month, and if christiandom is lucky the BBB swoops down and takes a small chunk out of Hispania and locks them out of Europe. If not, Muzzies invade everything, everyone dies before the Pope is even capable of calling crusades.

I recall in my Russia game I actually freaking cheated to pop the abbablob, by just straight up fist of god murdering 12 rulers. It shook them for about 150 years and then they went right back to walking all over anyone who wasn't Greek or Indian.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12485 on: August 16, 2017, 07:29:03 pm »

I just play 1066 all the time these days, unless I wanna do a pagan run. Bordergore tends to be a non-issue in 1066 thanks to the lack of Karling and Gavelkind, and the Reconquista can go either way rather than being crushed before it starts.

Only real issues are the fact that England never turns English due to the remaining Anglo-Saxon lords either never turning English themselves or deposing William/Robert outright and Byzantium never falling because Seljuk never has the guts or piety to invade Anatolia.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12486 on: August 16, 2017, 07:31:58 pm »

I really don't get the whole bordergore phobia that people have. Bordergore was normal. Realms with exclaves were normal. Borders were not pretty like today.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #12487 on: August 16, 2017, 07:51:26 pm »

I actually quite like bordergore. It makes everything look colourful and pretty.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12488 on: August 16, 2017, 08:05:45 pm »

enh

it complicates a very rigid system of war and negatively shows off the ai.

id like to see stretch goals for war, or asking for concessions of other land in exchange for goods.

or even just an option to forcibly take the one disjointed province or barony.

grrrrrr

single barony holdings piss me off way more than bordergore.  I even give mine away
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 08:09:42 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12489 on: August 16, 2017, 08:22:19 pm »

I really don't get the whole bordergore phobia that people have. Bordergore was normal. Realms with exclaves were normal. Borders were not pretty like today.
Things like 1337 France and aren't really bordergore.
Spoiler: This is. (click to show/hide)
Frankly, things like 1337 France happen plenty in 1066--the Holy Roman Emperor in particular is fond of conquering the duchy of Aquitaine--and a competent/unscrupulous player will end up with a map like that. That's all well and good. The problem is that 769 leads to the entirety of Europe resembling a child's scribbling with crayons and 867 ends up with the British Isles horrendously mangled, weird combinations of Karling kingdoms (like West Francia-Italy-East Francia as a single country,) and bizarre pagan mergers like Lithuanians conquering Norway and Slavs taking Denmark while a Viking king rules Poland.

The real problem with this is that bordergore and de jure kingdoms mesh terribly. 769 and 867 just aren't fun to play a lot of the time because the political situation ends up making no sense either visually or in the context of the game.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 11:27:30 am by Tawa »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12490 on: August 16, 2017, 08:28:26 pm »

Yeah, historically a count/duke in Switzerland might own land in Austria, Bavaria, maybe Corsica and northern Italy, maybe the Netherlands

He's not going to own land in the middle of Russia, or in southern Spain, or in Norway.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12491 on: August 17, 2017, 06:19:28 am »

I love how the Frisian coast decided to fuck duck of and claim some river shores instead in that play through.
Love, scriver~

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #12492 on: August 17, 2017, 02:12:21 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
B O R D E R  G O R E
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12493 on: August 17, 2017, 02:25:11 pm »

Yes and that bordergore was directly responsible for WW1 so don't you just feel horrible now
Love, scriver~

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12494 on: August 17, 2017, 02:38:15 pm »

Yes and that bordergore was directly responsible for WW1 so don't you just feel horrible now

Yeah sure of course

mrroboto75 starts a plot to kill Archduke Ferdinand
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 831 832 [833] 834 835 ... 1002